Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2015, 06:05 AM   #1

Newmar Technician - Introduction

Hello Newmar Owners.

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself to the community.

My name is Brooks and I am an RV Technician in the Houston area. I want to make myself available to answer questions that you may have concerning the Newmar Product line.

I am relatively new to the RV industry. I spent many years working with deep water robotics for various industries. I was a soldier in the US Army. And I worked as an IT systems administrator for a time as well.

I just returned home from Newmar's 2015 Service School in Nappanee Indiana.

I will be looking around the Newmar Owners forum when time permits trying to answer questions. I am also going to try a weekly "Newmar Technical" blog through IRV2 where I will take a topic and try to write up a concise explanation in layman so we can try to squash some of the misinformation that always seems to pop up with complicated systems.

Each week when I put up my blog post, I will post a topic in the forum with a link to the blog. This will give us a location to discuss the information as well as a place for readers to suggest what they would like me to write about the next week.

RV Technician Certified and Specializing in Newmar Diesel Pushers
BrooksW is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:15 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
BrooksW ... great idea and thanks for offering to do this. I am sure many will take you up on the offer and I for one look forward to this.

Steve
FLSteve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:31 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
First let me say appricate your service to our country and Welcome to the fourm. Congrats on completing your schooling, your stepping out on a new adventure. So let me post the first question.. I want to snake a new power outlet under the tv cabinet in the front to add a fireplace in place of the DVD storage below the TV. I will rework the face frame on the DVD cabinet to insert a electric fireplace. This need to be on its own 15amp circuit. Can I snake up the interior wall between the shower and the tv cabinet then go over the ceiling and, down to the pannel box? Thanks
Old 02-22-2015, 06:36 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey, Brooks! Thanks for joining us! This will be great to have you with us.

Welcome to our Newmar Forum.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 06:48 AM   #5

@T Gibson

I would hazard a guess and say going "over the top" would not be a good way to do this. The way the rafters are constructed would make it virtually impossible to fish over and that is if you didn't have the insulation in the way. I looked at some pictures of a '11 3302 Baystar and would say that you should probably go down to the basement to run the line. At least that is what I would do if I was doing this install in our shop.

Hope this helps!

Old 02-22-2015, 06:53 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hello Brooks! Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your service to our country! and defending our freedom. And......what a wonderful offer to do what you are offering to do on here to help member's out and learn! Thank you again for your time and sharing. I will be looking forward to reading and learning myself. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:00 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome Brooks and "thanks" in advance for your input and assistance.
Old 02-22-2015, 07:02 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Hello Brooks. Thank you for your service in the Army. Looking forward to reading what you post to your blog.
denlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:08 AM   #9

Brooks,

Great idea, great plan... looking forward to hearing what you have to say about the various technical issues.

Just curious... what's involved in attending Newmar's 2015 Service School? How long, what subjects studied, etc. Also, who can attend this?
99phantoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:09 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hello Brooks. Thank you for your service to our country. I look forward to reading your weekly blog. And, it will be great having a certified Newmar tech on board to help us all out. Thanks in advance for all your efforts. I'm a newbie here having just purchased my first MH, a 2005 Kountry Star gasser. I plan on doing some updating and improvements so I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions myself.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Hi Brooks,
Thank you for your service and thank you for investing your personal time to help us better understand our coaches. The forums here have been a great resource for information of this kind and your input will most certainly enhance this.
Looking forward to reading more.
Ron

Ron & Kathy
2015 Dutch Star 4369
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
1 Maine Coon Cat - 2 Orange Tabbys
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 08:06 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99phantoms View Post
Just curious... what's involved in attending Newmar's 2015 Service School? How long, what subjects studied, etc. Also, who can attend this?
@99Phantoms - The Newmar Service School is an invite only affair for RV Technicians who work with Newmar coaches. It is done once every two years and is a very extensive week with a heavy course load covering so much of these vehicles it's scary.

This situation is part of why I will be educating here on IRV2. While the Service School is centered around technicians who do the work, there are many lessons that translate directly to owners. Maybe I will call the blog "Newmar Owner School."

Old 02-22-2015, 08:14 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome, Brooks! Thanks for your generosity!
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 09:54 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Welcome Brooks.
Thank you for your service to our great country. You're the reason we can do the things we do.

Thanks for the sharing your knowledge. It will certainly help us owners to better explain our situation.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, newmar