RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #1

Newmar Ventana good - bad- just all

Interested in anyone's experience with the Ventana The good or bad. Looking to trade coaches. Thanks in advance.

Russell

ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #2

We purchased our Ventana after searching 3 leading brands. I had owned 3 MH all gassers, of one of the leading brands. When I say leading brands that is my evaluation. The reason I changed from the brand I had owned after very good experiences was due to all the problems my brand and the other brand seem to be having over the last couple of years. Also the brand I was experienced with was showing poor quality of fit and finish when I looked at various floor plans. After choosing Newmar I then chose the Ventana. Evaluated also the Dutch Star & Ventana LE models. For us the Ventana offered us the best value and a price point we were comfortable with.

We picked a model with most all options and have been very happy. The Comfort Drive has been a really nice upgrade for driving ease. Ours has 400 HP that I deem to be adequate for coach weight. We have not had any fit and finish issues. Our perceived Newmar quality has not disappointed. Newmar offers a factory delivery option that I did not use but many do and all reports I've read everyone have been happy with the delivery. I was first thinking of 40' model and only Newmar had Tag Axle on 40'. I ended up getting a larger model.

Encourage you to look at the Ventana and other brands you may be interested in and look closely at the fit and finish. Most all brands have about the same options available at this price point. Comfort Drive is standard on Newmar and the others do not have it.

Good luck with your search.

osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 07:57 PM   #3

Thanks. I'm in no hurry this time. Will tour a couple of the plants. My only wish is that I'd done more research last time. Sometimes in life we learn by mistakes. Lol

Russell
Old 06-29-2014, 08:17 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your interested in a Newmar than you should read the threads provided in the top of this link plus the HOOT's threads about their orders and why they choose their coach's.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #5

Ok thanks
Old 06-29-2014, 09:29 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
We have a 2012 4329 Ventana with a tag axle. We have had some issues that most people seem to experience with a new motorhome and have taken it back to the factory three times for repairs. Since the factory is close to where we live this hasn't been much of an inconvenience for us. Newmar has treated us very well. This is our first motorhome and it has worked out very well for us.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:44 PM   #7

We had researched various brands for almost 3 years while waiting for things to line up retirement wise. We narrowed our search to Winnebago Journey, Tiffin Phaeton, and Newmar Ventana. ( 40 ' ) These units met our needs / wants, and price point. We wanted a front living room plan which took out the Tiffin. Also, Tiffin was having issues with wet bay floors rotting out, and roof edges cracking, requiring long stays at Red Bay for repairs. That left W & N . Almost purchased a Winnie 40 U, but fit and finish was not anywhere near what the Newmar was ( although MSRP on Winnie was a little less than Ventana ). Found the 4018 plan that we could custom order with options we wanted ( Oasis heat, 15k AC Units, flush mounted windows ), and of course tag axle / comfort steer combination. Tag axle gave us a huge upgrade in carrying capacity which as " full - timers " was important to us.
Have had a few issues which Newmar has dealt with fairly and efficiently. Customer Service department has gone out of their way to help us with problems when they occur. We are happy with our choice.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 01:51 AM   #8

Three years into a 2011 Ventana 3962 and happy with it. Big step up from our previous coaches and first new one. I like the Comfort Drive and the Oasis hydronic system. We had some appliance issues (not Newmar's fault) that were taken care of with no problems.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:02 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChallengerRN View Post
Sometimes in life we learn by mistakes. Lol

Russell
That's called experience. And this is a great forum to hear from others on their experiences.

55* degrees in Cheyenne WY this morning.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Love our 4369

WE picked up our custom ordered Ventana 4369 from Newmar on April 28th this year. Drives like a dream and the coach is great. We have not experienced any issue at all so far. The quality and coach build is everything we thought it would be. The links 007 offered is great content to review as you continue.

Good luck with your search
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #11

We now have a 2012 Ventana 4333 and have had a 2000 37' Coachman and a 2008 Kountry Star.
Loved the Kountry Star but wanted to a tag axle and a little longer coach.
Looked at most everything on the market but decided to stick with Newmar because of the fit n finish and would not be without the Comfort Drive.
The Items we like best about the coach - Comfort Drive, Tag, Tile thru-out, MCD Duo blinds, Oasis System, great storage.
Best of luck in your search.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:19 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We couldn't be happier with our 4369 Ventana. Bought it new last September and have put about 10,000 miles on it since....from Arizona to the East Coast. We are currently at "Camp Newmar" at the factory to get the warranty punch list taken care of. We have a list of 18 items, most of them are minor, cosmetic things that need tweaked. Major ones were to replace the front A/C unit that blew a compressor (stuff happens), and getting the Fridgedaire convection/microwave changed out to the GE Advantium (expensive, but more than worth it).

You might think that 18 items on a punch list, in 10,000 miles, is excessive.......but it is really not. And, the reason we drove 1400 miles, to get the factory to do the work, is because our local dealer has shown a propensity to break more things than they fix! I will say that there is a regular contributor to this forum that has gotten great service from the same dealer......your milage may vary

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Newmar, in general, and the Ventana line in particular.....although the wife and I HAVE been drooling over the new 2015 King Aire that is parked right behind us in the delivery lot

Lee L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, vent