Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #1

Newmar Ventana or Ventana LE

Good Morning...
We are a 2005 National Dolphin LX owner. We are looking to upgrade to a DP. We have looked a both of these models 2016 and 2017 LE. Would like somefeed back on these models.
Thanks in advance.
PJ
pjgolpher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #2

We'll need some more information as to what size you are looking for but as a starter, both will now have the Comfort Drive steering systems, but the Ventana will have more standard features which are optional on the LE.

I.E. Ventana will have more HP and torque with the Allison 3000 series tranny. Seats, furniture, flooring, etc are also an upgrade.

Really depend on what your needs are and budget.

In 2013, I wanted the LE and my primary reason for switching to the Ventana was for the Comfort Drive.
Old 06-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #3

We've got a 2017 Ventanna LE 4037 ordered did some specials, two recliners in place of couch behind drivers seat. Outside freezer / fridge, some other things that I don't remember off hand.
We went with the Mirage exterior and interior. My wife said the Seaspray colors were too close to the colors in our previous coach. She wanted to go completely different. Late August delivery.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #4
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
You need to drive them both. That being said it's hard to gauge the benefit of comfort drive on a short trip. You should be able to tell the difference in power though, if that is important to you.

We went with a ventana just because of the diiferences that you can not get on an LE. Little things like the covers on the slideout tarps, the ability to go all electric, the comfort drive, the almost double carrying capacity, and of course the bigger engine. Is it worth the money? For us it was. YMMV.

If you are looking at a 4XXX model, don't forget the the Ventana comes with a tag axle. Something you might want to research. There are several threads on the forums on the pro's and con's of an LE versus a Ventana. Both are great coaches just make sure you are getting what you want. And BIG IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATION: do not believe anything the salesman tells you that he can not show you or demonstrate on the unit. Our first salesman couldn't even figure out how to turn the windshield wipers on.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
All LE's since 2014 have Comfort Drive.
the trainguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:53 PM   #6
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
My bad trainguy. Sorry for the misinformation. I think what would help the OP is for folks with 40+ LE's to discuss handling, especially if they have ever driven a Ventana with a tag. We live in Kalifornia so opted for 37' to not make the Komisar mad We have very little wag on our 37' but the overhang at 40, especially on a lighter chassis might be more than we would want. Those transitioning from real bad waggers may see an acceptable improvement.

I an anal about carry capacity and want lots of margin. That is my big reason for buying a Ventana. The added HP is nice. Our 360HP, 28,000lbs diesel pusher goes up the same hills 5 miles an hour faster than my 360HP 12,000lbs gas class C. Would I like a 600HP, you bet. For $500,000 more, not so much. But if I could...

I originally liked the vinyl flooring on the LE and was worried about the tiles in our Ventana although I am starting to like the tile. I don't think the LE comes in an all electric model. Correct me if I am wrong. That was BIG in our decision. Saw a motor home have it's fridge start fire on the road. Engulfed in minutes, driver and DW bearly escaped. Some folk argue it is not a problem. Well it is 100 percent not a problem on my all electric Ventana.

Everyone I talk to when I stop at rv parks that move to a Newmar from SOB (read knowledgable RVer's) are thrilled with their purchases. From the most entry level "star" to the Kingaires. I think most of us lust ( can I say that here. ) after a higher end coach, but all are happy with what they got.

To the OP, being out there is the important thing. Doing it in a Newmar, any Newmar just makes it more comfortable ( or opulent for those Kingaire folks ).

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last VTDP 3725
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
My bad trainguy. Sorry for the misinformation. I think what would help the OP is for folks with 40+ LE's to discuss handling, especially if they have ever driven a Ventana with a tag.
I have a '40LE without tag and have driven a 4040 VTDP with tag. I have had zero issues with our LE without the tag. I handles quite well.

John
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #8

2016 4037 le

We just took our new 4037LE on a 4500 Mile trip and it has good HP and preformed well, the only thing we noticed was the I beam axel is rough on rough roads, smooth roads its a nice ride. Our steering wheel is not centered and that's a bothersome issue I need to get fixed.
AndySally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySally View Post
We just took our new 4037LE on a 4500 Mile trip and it has good HP and preformed well, the only thing we noticed was the I beam axel is rough on rough roads, smooth roads its a nice ride. Our steering wheel is not centered and that's a bothersome issue I need to get fixed.
Neither is mind. Its off quite a bit actually. I asked Newmar about this and they informed me that I would have to have that taken care of by a FL shop. However, I have found that I like it offset as it puts the the wheel's 9 o'clock opening perfectly under hand.

John
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 01:06 PM   #10

Thanks... We were wanting to look for a 37 ft. model. We now have 32 ft. But we checked out a 34 Ft. 2017 LE and a 2016 34 ft. Ventana. An extra couple of feet make quite a difference. Also we wanted an outside TV and the 2016 was a better fit as the bay opened up. On the 2017 models they open out. Hard to watch with that. The LE 340 HP the Ventana 360 HP. Liked both, but am leaning to the Ventana. This size will still fit in our back yard. Again thanks for the responses. Anyone want to buy a Dolphin LX?
pjgolpher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, vent, ventana