Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2023, 08:33 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSWine View Post
Our Newmar came with a Splendide washer and leaked probably 4 or 5 oz of water during a wash cycle. We call the mobile tech and he said they were not repairable and you just have to replace them. He sent us to Campworld to buy it and we found 200.00 bucks cheaper than Lazy Days and really got upset that we didn't buy it from Campworld. We haven't bought the one from Lazy Days Yet.

Do any have any suggest what is wrong or troubleshooting that we can do to try to save the current unit instead of spending money to buy a new one?
Find another mobile tech?
We had a similar problem with the dryer not heating. The first 2 said the heating element was bad and may be easier to replace than repair.
The third tech we called took the back off and in about 15 min. found a loose wire. Has worked perfectly since.
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2023, 07:26 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
Find another mobile tech?
We had a similar problem with the dryer not heating. The first 2 said the heating element was bad and may be easier to replace than repair.
The third tech we called took the back off and in about 15 min. found a loose wire. Has worked perfectly since.
I think there are two types of techs—a Replacement Tech and a Repair Tech and it seems that Replacement Techs outnumber the Repair Tech.
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:46 AM   #17

I would do a trip to the Newmar Factory for service.
My washer had a leak at the connection that Winnebago Factory Service found when fixing a leaking rear bath sink back on my warranty trip to Forest City in 2020.
I didn’t know the washer even had a leak for the fist six months, and we used it a on a 6 week trip out west.
Also, get the regular service for your 6 yr old diesel.
Worth a trip. Do a visit to the RV Hall of Fame while there.
I don’t trust any dealer or mobile repair.
Just my opinion.
It’s not an emergency so plan a week trip to Indiana and Illinois.
I go to Forest City every Spring for yearly service
Aquahot, AC, Generator, and to do some repairs.
This yr we're going to stop in Springfield, Illinois to see Lincoln's home on the way back.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:39 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
Unscrew the four foot holder bolts at the bottom of the washer and remove the hold down. Pull both the washer and dryer out from their closet, (should have mentioned you need to remove both doors, hinges and door catches first,) just enough to get to the plates used to hold both the washer and dryer together. Four sheet metal screws in each plate. After removing the power plugs, you can pull out the dryer, it's not that heavy. Only the duct will still be attached to the dryer. Once removed you can start to remove the top of the washer off to look inside or with someone's help, remove the entire washer too, once the hot and cold water hoses are removed.

Your drain hose could be the problem as well, not deep enough in the drain pipe or possibly cracked. If the washer is out, you can find the leaky part or hose and just replace them.
We did this removal process for a dryer problem.
Somewhat surprised to find the dryer exhaust vent was held on with a large zip tie, not a hose clamp.
The toughest part of this whole dance was getting the hose back on the dryer and zip tied - you need small hands & flexibility !
Contender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 06:59 AM   #19

Water leaks on washing machines can originate in many places...external hose, external hose connections, drain hose, clogged drain hose, door seal, internal hoses & clamps.

We had a leak in our splendide washer, and I removed it from my coach to be able to access it easier. In retrospect, I would not remove it from the coach again, j just move it to an area I can work on it. The washer is not very heavy, just bulky and is a 2 person job to easily move it around.

Splendide customer service was excellent, and fairly quick shipping out parts.

Turns out some furry creature had decided to make a meal out of the drain hose, so all the water drained out and onto the floor. It was an easy fix, once I knew the problem. The washing machine is a simple machine, once you get into the guts of it. There are some YouTube videos that can be helpful, along with their customer service. I replaced the drain hose, door seal, and main valve assembly and it wasn't expensive. Of course I supplied the labor. My only labor costs was a 6 pack for my son-in-laws help moving it.

It's an easy fix any appliance repair person or even a good handyman can fix. Of course, in an RV, space can be an issue.

Good luck.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 09:55 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contender View Post
We did this removal process for a dryer problem.
Somewhat surprised to find the dryer exhaust vent was held on with a large zip tie, not a hose clamp.
The toughest part of this whole dance was getting the hose back on the dryer and zip tied - you need small hands & flexibility !
Exactly

I made a notch in the wall, (styrofoam), giving me enough room to add a hose clamp that I could tighten with a small ratchet. I added a new, longer vent hose so I could use a clamp on the dryer end also. I did make sure the vent hose didn't crush when I put it back in place.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 10:30 PM   #21

We have the Splendide combined washer/dryer unit. I have noticed a small leak in ours as well. First time noticed was maybe 6 months after it was installed new. It's usually only noticeable after several loads. And I have to look inside the cabinet at the floor around one foot hold down bracket to see it. The washer is in the toy hauler garage with rubber flooring so I haven't worried about it yet.

The endoscope idea someone posted might help locate the source. But not sure where to insert the camera to access the inside of the machine. I don't even know if the bottom is open or closed.
evofxdwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, newmar, washer