RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2018, 09:01 PM   #1

Newmar WifiRanger Option

The 2018 Baystar that we bought came with the WiFiRanger Sky3 Pack installed. Newmar added a sticker on the WiFiRanger Core Router labeled NewmarXXXX where XXXX is the last 4 digits of my WiFiRanger ID. This sticker is in addition to the WiFiRanger Sticker which has the WiFiRanger ID, Network SSID, Initial Password, and WiFiRanger Control Panel IP Address.

I have now configured the WiFiRanger System and updated the default SSIDs and default passwords, but something is still broadcasting a SSID of NewmarXXXX in addition to the SSIDs that I configured via the MyWiFiRanger Control Panel.

Does anyone know what this NewmarXXXX SSID is and how to access it ?
CUME91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Newmar WifiRanger Option

Itís a management network. See page 25 of the implement manual.

https://wifiranger.com/images/guides...ementation.pdf

Iíve disabled it on my coach.
flyboy013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
Itís a management network. See page 25 of the implement manual.

https://wifiranger.com/images/guides...ementation.pdf

Iíve disabled it on my coach.
I disabled it on my coach and Rozie got mad and stopped working. That management network operates on a different IP space from the other WiFi Ranger SSID's and I think the TM-555 Telematics Gateway operates with a fix IP address in the management IP range.

Rozie did not stop working unit after a power cycle after deleting the management network. As soon as I put the management network back in place Rozie woke up and started doing her thing.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:24 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes, itís my understanding that the TM-555 would be configured to use that management network. I do not have the TM-555. If you need the management between you should at-least be able to hide the SSID. You can change the credentials, but would need to reconfigure the TM-555.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Yes, itís my understanding that the TM-555 would be configured to use that management network. I do not have the TM-555. If you need the management between you should at-least be able to hide the SSID. You can change the credentials, but would need to reconfigure the TM-555.
It is possible you can change the fixed IP with OmniScope. No place to change it past the password on the SilverLeaf panel.

Got to have Rozie working, she is a big help keeping an eye on my coach when I am not in town.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:32 AM   #6

Thanks. I kind of assumed it was some type of management network. Thanks. I never would have found that reference. There is ZERO information about the WiFiRanger System in our Newmar paperwork provided with the coach.
Old 04-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #7

You can also open a ticket with the WiFiRanger help desk. There support is outstanding. Since you don't have a coach automation system like the New Aire or Higher end coaches probably isn't an issue to remove since it isn't talking to anything in your Baystar.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 04:34 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
You can also open a ticket with the WiFiRanger help desk.

The WiFiRanger help desk wonít help you in disabling the management network. I had opened a support ticket when I discovered that I was broadcasting a second SSID and they told me to contact Newmar.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #9

Quote:
The WiFiRanger help desk wonít help you in disabling the management network. I had opened a support ticket when I discovered that I was broadcasting a second SSID and they told me to contact Newmar.
Must be something I don't know. Just don't understand the need to create a "mystery" management network. Seems like a security vulnerability to me.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:27 PM   #10

I opened a ticket the same time as posting here. It was a race to see who responded first

Fortunately I got similar answers from both routes
Old 05-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #11

Thanks everyone. WiFiRanger customer support was helpful and Newmar did not change the default administration access password so I was able to go in and make the SSID hidden for this network so any functionality programed by Newmar is still active, but the SSID is no longer visible to others. I also took this opportunity to change the default administration password to something more secure.

Tags
newmar, wifi