Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2020, 12:53 PM   #1

NIRV extended warranties

Hi folks, I’m purchasing a 2021 Newmar Baystar 3124 from NIRV, and was wondering if anyone on this forum has experience with the extended warranties offered by NIRV? I understand all the opinions regarding whether to purchase an extended warranty or not. In this case I’m just interested in how satisfied anyone has been with the warranties offered by NIRV. Thanks in advance
Grumpy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We bought the NIRVC extended warranty when we bought our coach in April. With the very short Newmar one year warranty and all the electronics on our coach we decided it was the smart thing to do. I did a little shopping for warranties and while their cost if quite high it is not that much off from other companies and Newmar will honor the NIRVC warranty which is very important when we have to go to the Mothership for future repairs down the road.

We had an extended warranty on our other SOB coach and used it enough to more than pay for the initial cost. It paid for HWH circuit board, HWH jack rebuild, 2 AC unit replacements, and some other stuff I don't remember over the 7 years we had the warranty.

The NIRVC warranty covers even more than our other one and as a percent of the cost of the coach was not that much more expensive compared to 13 years ago when we bought the other one.

I do not have any experience using it yet as we are still under all warranties with the new coach.

Shop around but be sure Newmar will honor whatever you buy when you need it down the road.
Old 08-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #3

I purchased my EW from NIRVC, the best part it that it co es with road side assistance from Coach Net, and tire repairs

Zzotte
Old 08-08-2020, 06:13 PM   #4

I purchased my coach and extended warranty from NIRVC, actually on the last 3 coaches. On my 2016 Cornerstone the warranty paid over $8000 in about a little over a year then refunded 80% of what we paid for it when we sold the coach and canceled it! We had great service from NIRVC and they worked with the warranty company, we never paid a dime for the repairs and no hassle. Because of the complexity of luxury coaches we would not be without our extended warranty from NIRVC.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #5

It depends on where you plan to get service work done. Will they deal with an extended warranty company? Many won't and the warranty company won't deal with you, just an "authorized" place.
BYoshida is offline   Reply With Quote