Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2022, 06:34 AM   #1

NIRVC Washington DC

I heard that NIRVC is going to open a new Center in the greater Wash DC area, does anyone have a location and time frame, it would help folks in New England to have a choice as to where we make our purchases of new Coaches??
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2022, 07:08 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
I heard that NIRVC is going to open a new Center in the greater Wash DC area, does anyone have a location and time frame, it would help folks in New England to have a choice as to where we make our purchases of new Coaches??
Thanks
That would really be great. I think I had heard something about a new location, but I had assumed it was Washington state?? ... I am still waiting on the announcement that they are opening a location in south Florida as well.

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:15 AM   #3

If I were a betting man, I’d bet this is in the future of both locations. Brett has a great vision for providing service for all of us.
Old 02-17-2022, 07:30 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
NIRVC Wash. DC

Both of those locations would be perfect and would reaffirm my strong feeling that my next Coach will come from them.
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:17 AM   #5

How about a Southern California location not around LA! In all of Southern California, the only dealer I have heard of that owners like is Tom Lindstrom but that is a tough location for many to get to. We have millions and millions of people here and obtaining service is almost impossible. There are many independent shops but many do not work on or know all our complex systems in Newmar coaches.
UMXHAULER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 11:57 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Having an NIRVC location in the Washington D.C. area and particularly along the route-81 corridor would be amazing. Fingers crossed.
Wil_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 06:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXHAULER View Post
How about a Southern California location not around LA! In all of Southern California, the only dealer I have heard of that owners like is Tom Lindstrom but that is a tough location for many to get to. We have millions and millions of people here and obtaining service is almost impossible. There are many independent shops but many do not work on or know all our complex systems in Newmar coaches.
I'm not speaking on behalf of NIRVC, but I believe their facility in Las Vegas was opened because it was as close to southern California as they could get without being in southern California.
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 07:20 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWBAZ View Post
I'm not speaking on behalf of NIRVC, but I believe their facility in Las Vegas was opened because it was as close to southern California as they could get without being in southern California.
S Ca would be great area for NIRV but Holland, with 2 locations and Tom Lindstrom have the area pretty much locked up for Newmar. Holland doesn't have a great service reputation and Lindstrom Doesn't due service unless it is a warranty item on a coach purchased there. Your best bet in S Ca is to use Newserv, Newmars mobile service option.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:29 PM   #9

NIRVC Wash DC

Would welcome NIRVC anywhere in FL. Some healthy competition would benefit us.
Old 02-17-2022, 08:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
S Ca would be great area for NIRV but Holland, with 2 locations and Tom Lindstrom have the area pretty much locked up for Newmar. Holland doesn't have a great service reputation and Lindstrom Doesn't due service unless it is a warranty item on a coach purchased there. Your best bet in S Ca is to use Newserv, Newmars mobile service option.
That's pretty much what I have heard. Newmar never even gave me the option of their mobile service-I will look into that. I do believe that if they had lemon laws for RV's, many would be bought back. RV owners are some of the kindest most patient customers known to man and love their RV's in spite of the challenges of owning one.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:15 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by UMXHAULER View Post
That's pretty much what I have heard. Newmar never even gave me the option of their mobile service-I will look into that. I do believe that if they had lemon laws for RV's, many would be bought back. RV owners are some of the kindest most patient customers known to man and love their RV's in spite of the challenges of owning one.

“ RV owners are some of the kindest most patient customers known to man”….Oh my, you are kidding right?
Old 02-18-2022, 11:58 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson View Post
“ RV owners are some of the kindest most patient customers known to man”….Oh my, you are kidding right?
Glad you got a chuckle out of that Clemson. No, I mean it. Owners are willing to drive to Indiana regularly to get their rigs worked on and North Carolina for chassis work and never complain about all the time and fuel to do that. I could drive to Las Vegas in 4 hours but even that is a big inconvenience for me. Once rig is out of warranty-real soon- I will continue to do what I can myself and use local independent shops when I can't. I have a local shop I have used for years without all the drama. I can buy a whole lot of parts for what it would cost to run around the country getting things done. I am kind but not really that patient!
Old 02-18-2022, 02:07 PM   #13

Spartan Chassis
I would love a NIRVC in the DC area, except the traffic can be horrendous. I was thrilled when they opened the one in Nashville because that's only a little over 8 hrs away but DC would be a couple hours closer. I have said our next Newmar would be a FPU because that's only 4 hrs. from us.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 06:50 PM   #14

We need one in Minneapolis Brett!