Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2021, 01:57 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
No house plugs have power on house battery

Help!!

We have a 2014 Ventana just set up from a long day on rough roads. None of the house plug are working. All the lights, fans, water pump work but not any plugs, frig or microwave. but the plugs, frig and microwave work if the generator is on. We use solar panels and not too keen to run the generator all the time. There has to be something simple like a reset of something

Regards and hopefully someone has the answer

Wayne
wavw54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2021, 02:06 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
You are plugged into power or relying on inverter?
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:11 PM   #3
YC1

Check your power post, plug into another if possible.

Find your transfer relay. Get a voltmeter and see if you have it there.

Since things run on generator your AC breaker panel should not be a factor.

If you have an electric cord reel, move it several turns.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:13 PM   #4

If you are running off of your house batteries- reset the inverter in the basement. If you are plugged into shore power it's your transfer switch not switching over- plug into shore power & see if those receptacles get hot? If they do then it confirms your inverter needs resetting.

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:13 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
I am running off of batteries no shore power. Thanks for the advice the inverter trip button was ok on the unit, but toggling the breaker worked when I had the generator running.
wavw54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:36 AM   #6
YC1

Is this rv new to you? Did it work before??

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavw54 View Post
Help!!

We have a 2014 Ventana just set up from a long day on rough roads. None of the house plug are working. All the lights, fans, water pump work but not any plugs, frig or microwave. but the plugs, frig and microwave work if the generator is on. We use solar panels and not too keen to run the generator all the time. There has to be something simple like a reset of something

Regards and hopefully someone has the answer

Wayne
Have you checked your GFCI,s ?
96kpmjmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:42 AM   #8

Spartan Chassis
Ok, you said the lights, fans, water pump work, but those are all 12v. It sounds like the inverter is not working since everything works off the generator. I would check the reset/breaker on the inverted. I believe the Ventana only has one inverter.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavw54 View Post
I am running off of batteries no shore power. Thanks for the advice the inverter trip button was ok on the unit, but toggling the breaker worked when I had the generator running.
Just confirming…….you DO have an inverter?
Do you know what items work off the inverter?
Has the inverter worked before?
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:57 PM   #10

In my 2012 Bay Star, if I am running on batteries only, the refrigerator and microwave will not run. I have two AC receptacles that have power trough the inverter, and my two TVs work, but none of the other receptacles have power. It's just the way the RV was set up. Perhaps yours is similar and there isn't anything wrong.

Tags
power, battery