Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #1

No more DS 4312 Bunkhouse?

I was dreaming again and looked at the Dutchstar floor plans on the Newmar site. I noticed the do not seem to have the 4312 Bunkhouse model anymore. I wonder why? Seemed like a really nice floor plan. The only thing I didn't like was the Queen bed instead of a king.

I see they are offering the Flexsteel couch/bunk conversion couch. Don't really care for that from what I can see. You still need to make up a bed at night.

What we really like about our Discovery 40G is the Bunkhouse forms a small room for my daughter. It's great, especially when she has friend.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2017, 06:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
I was dreaming again and looked at the Dutchstar floor plans on the Newmar site. I noticed the do not seem to have the 4312 Bunkhouse model anymore. I wonder why? Seemed like a really nice floor plan. The only thing I didn't like was the Queen bed instead of a king.

I see they are offering the Flexsteel couch/bunk conversion couch. Don't really care for that from what I can see. You still need to make up a bed at night.

What we really like about our Discovery 40G is the Bunkhouse forms a small room for my daughter. It's great, especially when she has friend.
4312 has been gone since mid year 2016.....

the 4313 made a brief run in there as well, but it is also gone....

4310 and 4326 now.....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
4310 and 4326 now.....
We have the Ventana 4310 and like it. We would have preferred the 4326, but we needed the longer bunk (76") as my 25 year autistic son will be with us for some time and he needed the longer bunk. I believe the DS also has slightly shorter bunks....
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:37 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Speaking of bunkhouses...

Bunkhouses are a rare breed in a DP, that's for sure!

My wife and I have 3 young kids and just this summer went from a '17 Fleetwood Discovery 39G (2 bunks/1 bath/rear king) to a '15 Newmar London Aire 4599.

We really liked how the Discovery's bunkhouse was its own room, but with 5 of us, setting up and breaking down a bed every day and having only one bath tended to get old quick...especially on longer trips. Plus, it was difficult for us to all sit down together for meals at the u-dinette.

What we really wanted was 3 bunks, a rear king bed, 2 baths and a much larger dining area. Which is almost impossible to find without spending $1m+ in a Prevost or something like that!

I was relentless and determined in searching and was fortunate to finally find our previously loved Newmar. The floor plan has 3 bunks, 2 baths, a king bed, a huge expandable dinette that we can all sit at and it is perfect for our family of 5! So far, we're very happy with it! It's really a beautiful coach.

I had inquired with Newmar about building a new coach with the same 3 bunk floor plan, but they told me that after 2015 they no longer build those as it would no longer work with the full wall slides. They also said that they weren't that popular. I found that to be odd because, well...try and find one and they are really such a GREAT, versitile floor plan! Some dealers told me they used to evaporate off the lots, even used. So, I don't know...but we're very happy we found one!

Point being... I'm just surprised more DP manufacturers don't offer more family friendly floor plans.
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 09:59 PM   #5

I love our 4313. That bunkhouse floor plan sold the coach. Won't be buying another Newmar I guess.
AzGoldDigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzGoldDigger View Post
I love our 4313. That bunkhouse floor plan sold the coach. Won't be buying another Newmar I guess.

There are a still bunkhouse models at every level in Newmar lineup. In fact, I've been following the evolution of Newmar's bunkhouse models for a couple years. I think they nailed it with the 4310/4326 DSDP, and the 4535 MADP.

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey NH_Dave,

I googled that layout and it looks great. I never saw a triple bunk in a MH before...cool. I only have 2 kids, so the usual double bunk worked for us. And I agree that breaking down beds every day is a drag...which is the reason we have a bunk MH (gas models previously) since 2006.

Good luck!
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpatty View Post
Hey NH_Dave,

I googled that layout and it looks great. I never saw a triple bunk in a MH before...cool. I only have 2 kids, so the usual double bunk worked for us. And I agree that breaking down beds every day is a drag...which is the reason we have a bunk MH (gas models previously) since 2006.

Good luck!
It is great! For us, it really is fantastic. Even on those rainy days where we have to stay in at a campground, we're not climbing the walls because there's lots of room! With 3 young kids and not enough space, that can certainly happen!

So far, overall, we're very happy with our Newmar coach!

Thank you RICHPATTY and many happy miles to you!
NH Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We have had our 17 DS 4310 now for about 6 months and are loving it so far. I will admit we originally had our eye on the 4312 when we first started looking (as we liked the idea of the separate room in the back) but then as noted they stopped making that model. We finally got down to a left over 4312 or a factory order 4310 and went with the 4310 as there was a significant price difference ordering new (less). You might already know this but there are pocket doors just before the bunks and right after so you can close both and it creates a separate room for the kids. We also like having the full 2nd bath as we are not full timers and can live with a queen bed. Any questions while you're searching feel free to reach out!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #10

Needed: DS 4312

We are in need of a 2015 or 2016 DS 4312. Does anyone on the forum have one they are willing to part with? Will be needing it fairly soon. Thank you.
Jcratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #11

No more DS 4312

We looked at a used 4312 Dutch Star in Texas earlier this year. Glad we spent the money for flights, rental car and insulted by a shyster. We would have always wondered if that floor plan would work for us. We are so happy with our 4310 compared to that convoluted broken up lack of storage Rig that we looked at. I would strongly recommend that before you decide on a specific not run of the mill rig that you spend the time and effort to look at a similar floorplan, even if different colors and such to really see if you can not just live with it but will love it. These things cost too much to wish you should of 50 miles down the road. Good luck and God bless
Markdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:10 PM   #12

We just picked up our DSDP 4310 bunkhouse last month and LOVE the floor plan. We have 3 kiddos ranging from 9-15 (2 girls and a boy), and the two full baths are terrific. My wife and I don't mind the queen bed at all.

After much deliberation, we also decided to get the bunk sofa and boy am I glad we did! It is SO CONVENIENT....easy up / easy down instead of pulling out a sofa bed like we did in our last coach. We leave the bottom bed made up and stash the pillows behind. Its a snap to use and doesn't take up floor space when opened.

We love our Newmar! Happy Campers.

Brian
Aero RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:18 AM   #13

Ds 4312

My best friend and I both have the 4312 and love it. Works great for our families. Love being able to lock the kids in the back and still use the living room.
hp178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:19 PM   #14

When my kids were younger, I thought the 4312 would be ideal. Now that the older two are teenagers, I’m glad they’re not sleeping “behind” the master BR as I go to bed earlier than they do. And I would love the extra shower of the 4310. Bottom line, kids grow, needs change.
rxoneman is offline   Reply With Quote