Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2021, 09:46 AM   #1

No Power !! Help Please :-)

No Power !!!- We have a 2016 4369 DS on a FL Chassis- We are connected to 50 amp power which is verified by the control panel and all is fine there.

Our stove top and micro wave have power, the inverter works, but is only suppling power to the drivers side of the coach.

The 50 amp power is not charging the batteries. I have checked all the circuit breakers and GFI’s. Running the generator does not change anything.
Any ideas would be a great help, I am stumped !!! Thanks, Curt
flyingcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2021, 10:01 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Have you tried turning the breaker at the power pedestal off (or unplugging the shore power cord) and then running the generator? I’m wondering whether one leg of the shore power is not there but the other leg is and it is keeping the transfer switch in shore power even when the generator is running. My Entegra’s transfer switch is wired so that I’d shore power is available it will not switch to generator even if the generator is running.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
Have you tried turning the breaker at the power pedestal off (or unplugging the shore power cord) and then running the generator? I’m wondering whether one leg of the shore power is not there but the other leg is and it is keeping the transfer switch in shore power even when the generator is running. My Entegra’s transfer switch is wired so that I’d shore power is available it will not switch to generator even if the generator is running.
Shore power is all good....I just checked the inverter/charger and the 30 amp breaker had popped out...now I am back online except for the passengers side of the coach....I think I have a popped GFI there now and I just need to reset it. Anyone know what controls the passengers side outlets ?
Old 11-13-2021, 10:08 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I would suggest, verify someone has not turned off any breakers inside your coach. Turn the main breakers on and off. From there I would go to the pedestal, turn the breakers off, remove your plug, reinstall the plug, turn the breakers on. If still nothing, check the breakers on the inverter or inverters.
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:18 AM   #5

My question now is, which GFI controls the passenger side outlets....I have checked them all, but maybe I have a bad one. Thanks, Curt
Old 11-13-2021, 10:22 AM   #6

If you tested any GFCIs that didn't have power, while your inverter breaker was tripped, they will not have reset whith out power.

Go thru them again now that you found the issue.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:26 AM   #7

Nor'easters Club
Look in your half bath medicine cabinet. There is a hidden outlet in there which is a GFI.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 10:34 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Go through and try and reset them. If still does not work, check in the basement area. Some coaches have a number of receptacle boxes that have plugs held in place with wire straps or something similar. They supply power above inside the coach. Make sure something has not shaken lose when traveling.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcash View Post
Shore power is all good....I just checked the inverter/charger and the 30 amp breaker had popped out...now I am back online except for the passengers side of the coach....I think I have a popped GFI there now and I just need to reset it. Anyone know what controls the passengers side outlets ?
Do you have a 30 amp 120 volt shore power system, or a 50 amp 240 volt shore power system?

I agree with Archer2.
Turn off the power at the pedestal.
Recheck power availability from the inverter.
Start the generator.
Recheck power availability from the generator.

These steps may identify where the problem is. A loss of one leg of a 50 amp 240 volt system can be caused by multiple problems.
Persistent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 11:13 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
One last thing. And I know your coach is way newer, different and more advanced EMS power control than my old Winnebago. But last year I had an issue with a power blip and one side of my 30amp sub panel, (everything that the inverter supplied) went dead.

In my manual there was a process for resetting or recalibrating the EMS by shutting off all power and all loads controlled by the EMS for a period of time, then starting them in a certain sequence. I don’t remember exactly and yours would be different but it took about 1/2 hour.

If you don’t find it check your manual to see if you have something like that.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 08:16 PM   #11

Hi Everyone- Thanks so much for all your input and help !!! It is always much appreciated !!!

I had everything working again except the passenger side outlets...there are a couple of GFI's on that side. I pushed the test and reset buttons on all of them but, the one above the kitchen sink did not act right when doing that. I pulled that one down....power going in, but not going out....hmmmm, I think I found the problem.

I tried pushing the test and reset buttons again, no luck....so I decided to push the buttons with a screwdriver tip and like magic....it came back to life !!!

These GFI's are really a cheap model and the buttons do not work well, wish they had the LED light that shows when they are tripped...would make this much easier :-) Cheers !!! Curt
Old 11-14-2021, 05:11 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sounds like you have some experience and resolved. Hopefully your mfg used electrical boxes so you can use regular residential GFCIs.

Tags
no power, power