Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #1

No power to either television or radio in dash.

Hi everyone,
My father-in-law recently passed away and my wife and I are getting his motorhome ready to sell. It is a 2005 Scottsdale 3456 on a workhorse chassis. It is plugged in to a 110V 20 amp outlet as that is all we have available at the moment. Everything seems to work except both televisions and the radio in the dash. There is a meter plugged into an outlet in the kitchen showing 120V. I know he used the televisions last summer but don't know about the in-dash radio. I checked the breakers and fuses in the box in the bathroom. The video switch box above the drivers seat has power. Are there any more fuses or breakers that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already learned a lot from this forum and look forward to learning a lot more. My wife and I will probably end up buying this motorhome from her mom so we'll be needing more help in the future. Thanks, Dana Meyer
DVM1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2017, 05:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVM1234 View Post
Hi everyone,
My father-in-law recently passed away and my wife and I are getting his motorhome ready to sell. It is a 2005 Scottsdale 3456 on a workhorse chassis. It is plugged in to a 110V 20 amp outlet as that is all we have available at the moment. Everything seems to work except both televisions and the radio in the dash. There is a meter plugged into an outlet in the kitchen showing 120V. I know he used the televisions last summer but don't know about the in-dash radio. I checked the breakers and fuses in the box in the bathroom. The video switch box above the drivers seat has power. Are there any more fuses or breakers that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already learned a lot from this forum and look forward to learning a lot more. My wife and I will probably end up buying this motorhome from her mom so we'll be needing more help in the future. Thanks, Dana Meyer
Start by looking for thru the owners manual. In the entertainment section, there may be something about a dashboard switch. Sometimes the radio will be powered by the Chassis or House batteries. There may be a switch. Look for a GFCI or the RV may have an ignition interlock. The TV is 120 volts and the radio is 12. Unless the interlock has gone bad, the should not be related. Unless there are other symptoms you forgot about or have not found yet.
bmchoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your TV is fed by a inverter located below in maybe storage compartment below passenger seat area.
The inverter will have a GFI outlet that may need to be reset.
The radio has a button that should put it on or a fuse panel located under panel on dash in front of steering wheel.
Owners Guide
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #4

Much thanks 007. The inverter input from the battery wasn't hooked up and the wire ends were taped. There was a switch next to it that I turned on and the tv's now work. I will check out the radio next. Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:36 PM   #5

Just wanted to say that thanks to this forum I have solved some issues that my father-in-law had with his motorhome. I found that the time delay on the transfer switch had been disabled. He always said it needed to be replaced. I was also able to calibrate the HWH 325 leveling system that showed the right side was always low. And thanks to 007, I found why my televisions had no power. The issue with the radio was operator error on my part. I've never had any kind of camper but with the resources available on the forum I feel confident going forward. Thanks everyone, Dana Meyer.

2005 Scottsdale

Tags
dash, power, radio, television