Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #1

OASIS, bypass?

No hot water using AC1, AC2 or Burner. Or any combo of the 3.
2018 King Air. And total rookies. 2 months in,

Last night We were getting.

System ok
Zones ok
No AC input. . On the oasis panel.
We had shore power and air conditioning was running fine.

This morning i checked the coolant fluid level. Breakers, fuses. Even though the power light on unit was green, i wanted all the basics covered...

I saw a toggle switch on the pump bypass switch on the silver "modular control unit"... (pretty sure this is the same toggle switch in a few other posts) i switched it from off, to ON. every thing fired up and we have hot water...

Is that correct position?

I tried reading already posted Oasis questions... sometimes reading several at once jumbles it in my brain waves.... there are alresdy enough shorts snd issues with the coach i do not need to add one to myself...

Any guidance would be very nice.
Thank you
Joe
Blake N Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2018, 02:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
That is a service switch and should normally be off. You are still under warranty and likely have a summer loop pump not starting when hot water is called for. There are several other possibilities so schedule a service appointment for warranty work.
wishalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #3

2016 3709 Ventana here.
We had our summer pump fail. It took two months to get it fixed. Anytime we wanted hot water we had to throw the bypass switch. When we were through with the hot water we turned it off. The summer pump only cost $140..
TRGarringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:51 PM   #4

You guys are the best? I so appreciate all of yall sharing your knowledge and experiences.

Joe
Old 04-29-2018, 05:47 AM   #5

Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRGarringer View Post
2016 3709 Ventana here.
We had our summer pump fail. It took two months to get it fixed. Anytime we wanted hot water we had to throw the bypass switch. When we were through with the hot water we turned it off. The summer pump only cost $140..
Where did you get the pump I want to carry a spare.

Thanks
Andy
AndySally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 06:28 AM   #6
dms

Sounds like the summer loop is not energizing. Try turning on the heat in at least one zone to see if that produces hot water. If so, then the summer loop is not working. This will get you by rather than turning on the bypass switch.

I had the same problem on a new 2014 MA. Took it in and the tech said this is not real uncommon on new units, as the pump has a backflow valve adjacent to the pump that sticks. He showed me how to free it.

Remove the basement panel in front of the main oasis unit. Remove the Oasis front cover. The summer pump is the leftmost pump (lower left). The brass backflow valve is just above the pump. Turn on the system, open a hot water faucet, then tap on the valve repeatedly with the handle end of a screwdriver. I watched this procedure and after a half dozen taps, the valve opened. This was a 18 months ago, and no more problems.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:05 AM   #7

Since your coach is still in warranty, ask Newmar to send out a mobile tech. They offered when my summer pump failed within 30 days of new. However, if you are mechanically inclined, they will send you the part, via Oasis and it takes about an hour to change out on your own. Not difficult, just a little time consuming. IF YOU DECIDE TO DO IT YOURSELF, you will need a hose clamp. I had and used an Irwin Vise Grip Model 9LN https://www.zoro.com/irwin-vise-grip...yABEgKfZfD_BwE
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #8

If you are not afraid of crawling around in your basements, I suggest you call ITR, the Oasis manufacturer, in Vancouver, WA. 1-800-755-1272. They are extremely helpful and will lead you through a diagnosis procedure. My zone board (the guts inside the metal box with the switch on top) was bad and they were able to walk me through a variety of tests to determine it was the board and not the summer loop pump. Generally your symptoms indicate a bad pump; but, that is not always the case. I would call them first thing Monday morning. They are great to work with. Also, because you are under warranty, Newmar customer service is never a bad idea either. Good luck.
Runaway4002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree with Runaway4002, they are very helpful. One thing I would look at is the panel where the bypass switch is there should be lights there that should say what mode the system is in and without heat on it should say summer loop.
barnegatepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:42 PM   #10

Great idea to call Oasis. I will first thing in the morning..
Old 05-05-2018, 03:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySally View Post
Where did you get the pump I want to carry a spare.

Thanks
Andy
The repair place got it from the Oasis company...
TRGarringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:32 AM   #12

I got a spare... just called ITR.
All pumps are the same and interchangeable so swapping a heating loop or engine preheat if you have that option for hot water is an option in warm weather.
The pump is proprietary to ITR so you won't find them anywhere else cheaper... at least that's what I found.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote