Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #1

Oasis circulation pumps

Looking at the oasis circulation pumps, and they seem exceptionally expensive for such a simple, generic looking pumps.
They want $300 for the oasis pump, but it seems pumps of similar specs are available for under $100.
Of course they might not fit perfectly, but it would be worth saving the money to squeeze something in, or even run the coolant lines to an alternate location outside the box if needed

I'm trying to figure out what specs of a pump would be needed. i.e. what is the temperature of the fluid, what PSI requirement, and flow rate. The only info on the pump itself is the flow rate it seems.
I noticed the oasis pump has a 20L/min max flow, but is it really necessary to have that much flow?

But my question is, has anyone here ever used/retrofitted a generic circulation pump (not the oasis brand pump) for the oasis coolant? Just interested in starting a discussion on alternate pump ideas...
Current Rig: 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 (Spartan Chassis w/ Cummins ISL 425hp) towing 2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4 |||| Former Rig: 2001 Fleetwood Bounder 36U (w/ Ford Triton V10) towing 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
caleb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2022, 04:24 PM   #2

Search summer loop pumps. There is a thread with an alternative pump that is much cheaper. Cheap enough to have a spare or two
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
Search summer loop pumps. There is a thread with an alternative pump that is much cheaper. Cheap enough to have a spare or two
Will do.
Is the summer loop pump the same as the heat loop 1 and 2 pumps?
Old 06-06-2022, 05:34 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
All of the pumps are the same.

https://www.ussolarpumps.com/catalog...culating-pump/
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 05:35 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Search for “Oasis change pump In pictures”. Great thread with pictures of an alternative pump including part numbers, prices, pictures etc. Great Post….
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:59 PM   #6

KenNJ, thanks and glad you found the picture post useful.

Caleb...I had an update to the pump pictures post, so it's right at the top now. Hope it helps you.
Old 06-06-2022, 07:13 PM   #7

Yes, very good thread and very much appreciated. I have it bookmarked as well.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/oas...es-579939.html
DutchStarJez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #8

Thanks for your replies, there's so many threads on the oasis systems its hard to filter through it all to find what I'm looking for, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Very useful information! That thread should be pinned, I feel bad for everyone spending $300 on those pumps when there's a better $80 alternative.
Current Rig: 2009 Newmar Dutch Aire 4085 (Spartan Chassis w/ Cummins ISL 425hp) towing 2015 GMC Yukon Denali 4x4 |||| Former Rig: 2001 Fleetwood Bounder 36U (w/ Ford Triton V10) towing 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4
Old 06-08-2022, 05:27 AM   #9

I’m as big a fan of saving money any way I can but keep in mind ITR has some of the best customer service I’ve ever experienced and that isn’t free. I carry a supply of oasis parts onboard and about half are from third parties. Try getting Amazon to help you when your burner won’t stay lite and it’s 20 below zero outside.
dlmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:10 AM   #10

My coach was just in for a catastrophic OASIS failure. Besides the actual issue, (my tank was leaking) not the surge tank, tech claimed I had a bad pump. I actually didn't believe him but since he had the whole unit removed from the coach and in a million pieces I said sure go ahead & change it. They had one on the shelf & my cost was $620 for the pump. I said hell no use the spare I have on the coach so he did. This post was my reminder to reload.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oasis, pump