RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2020, 05:25 PM   #1

Oasis dash fan replacement 2018 MADP

The Oasis heater fan behind and below the dashboard "glove box" on our 2018 MADP quit working recently. This placement of this unit was never made by Newmar to be replaced!! To get at the unit I removed the folding compartment directly in front of the passenger seat(see Oasis fan inside picture)
To get at the back screws of the fan unit I had to go into the Generator compartment where there is a plywood box with aluminum "L' trim holding the back on, but the panel extends way up under the fiberglass front end. (see picture Oasis fan outside). I had to very carefully cut just the 3/4" plywood back out after grinding the aluminum cover off, the picture shows my hack job.
I got a new fan unit from the Oasis factory hear in Vancouver BC and with MUCH difficulty replaced the unit and then made a new plywood pc and covered it all up with a new pc of aluminum (see picture Oasis with patch) If this had been done at a Newmar dealer I'm sure it would have cost several thousand dollars. I sent a note to Newmar asking them to put an access door in future models.
Not sure I got the pictures included but if anyone else has to do this replacement be prepared and take lots of time and have a bunch of band aids handy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis fan inside.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	301595   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis fan 1.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	301596  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis with patch.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	301597  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2020, 06:23 PM   #2
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
U probably saved yourself some serious money and did a nice job besides.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:08 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Very poor design/engineering. No plausible reason for this type of build.

Great job. Persistence pays.
TheRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 04:23 AM   #4

I assume a fan needed to be replaced? Wasn't possible to service that while the radiator was in place?
Dav L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #5

The motor packed it in, I think the thermal protection switch went bad. I bench tested it and it worked fine for a minute or so then started to surge then stopped. I got a complete motor and fan assembly unit as I did not want to try and tear the unit apart. The radiator assembly and plenum stayed in place. Getting the fan assembly out was tricky. and getting all the screws in was a real pain.

Tags
ace, dash, fan, oasis, replace, replacement