Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2015, 06:46 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis heater issued resolved

I want to share what happened to me this week in the hopes it will help someone else. Let me start off by saying that as I write this the issue is fixed and everything is running fine, thanks to the help of ITR.
The other day the furnace was working fine and dandy. Yesterday we were packing up the coach so we could head down to New Orleans see some friends and celebrate Mardis Gras, and I noticed the coach was a little cold. When I went to adjust the thermostat I saw that a fault light was on. I got the troubleshooting guide and went out to check the outside unit. At first I thought it was the ignitor, so I replaced it. After I was done I checked it and the fault light came on again . I wasn't sure what to check next so I called ITR, it was 5:30-6:00PM EST, and they walked me through a couple of more checks. Long story short, they thought the compressor (even though it was running) was not putting out enough pressure to have a flame. They overnighted me the part and it arrived before 10:00 AM today. The part only took me about 1-1½ hours to install and now the furnace works like a champ. For those of you wondering the compressor looks like a little electric motor that sits on top of the combustion box and it is what atomizes the fuel that comes out of the fuel block. I'm very thankful for the quality customer service that ITR provided which allowed me to head to New Orleans right on time.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2015, 08:03 PM   #2

Very nice Charlie, glad it worked out.

Have a great trip.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:53 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
This service manual Fig # 12 shows the compressor for people with Oasis heating.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Have fun. I have nothing but great praise for ITR. I've called them a few times to ask questions. Often the techs actually answer the phone and are very helpful.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:11 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Thanks for posting this Charlie ... all this information usually helps someone else when the time comes. I will file this away for sure.

Steve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:19 AM   #6

Thanks, Charlie! Mine is in the shop for a few final warranty items, one being a puff of smoke at start up. The off the cuff diagnosis was the compressor fan. We'll see if that's the case with mine, also! Thanks for the info!
Old 02-12-2015, 11:05 PM   #7

Thanks Charley. Great information
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 02:35 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
About a year ago ITR installed my new Oasis when my Aquahot imploded. Fortunately I live near their USA location in Vancouver, Washington. They also did my annual maintenance a few months ago and showed me how I can do it myself next year. I have nothing but good things to say about them!
Falcon190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater