Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2020, 01:56 PM   #1

Oasis Heating System

I hope someone can help me. We are currently parked at home and leaving to go south end of this week. The temps are going to get really low this week, so I want to turn the furnace on. Will this mess up the hot water pump as we are not hooked up to water and don't have any in the tank. If using the diesel as fuel do you need to select ac1 or both? Just a little confused. Thank you Abby
abbyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2020, 02:07 PM   #2

No, it will not affect your water system but will keep everything warm ant toasty. You can select either or both.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:35 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi Abby - I'm familiar with the weather in Dover-Foxcroft so for you, cold reaslly means cold! But I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are leaving and will have the coach stay behind then the answer depends on if the unit is winterized. If it is (we usually were winterized by Columbus Day) then there is no need to run the heat. But if you are not winterized or just want to run it I'd suggest that you not run the AC1/AC2 switch on at all. Just run the diesel burner. The electric elements will draw about 30 amps so unless you have a 50 amp line to the coach you run the risk of popping a fuse and will come home to a coach with no power and likely dead batteries. Not a good idea in cold weather. The diesel burner is quite economical and more efficient.

If I didn't understand your question please be more specific.

Tom
Old 10-25-2020, 07:29 AM   #4

Thank you for your help in this. We are taking the coach with us, just didn't want to take any chances freezing up.
abbyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 04:37 AM   #5
Rd1

if you are driving in freezing temps, you need to have the oasis burner ON. the engine coolant will provide the heat source for the oasis, however, the burner should be on.

If the coach is parked in the freezing temps, the unit should be winterized. If it is not winterized, there is a good chance for the oasis heat exchanger to contain some fresh water. Even if the fresh water tank is empty. You will risk damaging the heat exchanger in freezing weather. If the coach is plugged-in, you can have the AC1 or 2 On to keep the oasis Heat Exchanger from exposure to freezing temps.

Tags
heat, heating, oasis