Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2017, 05:51 AM   #1

Oasis Heating System help?

I've been having a problem with my Oasis Heating System which is less than a year old. Here's the problem: 20 minutes or so after we arrive at a new location (plugged in and electrical element turned on) there is a grinding noise in the distribution box. Newmar has already replaced the domestic water pump, but the noise problem continues. I removed the cover to check and see where the noise was coming from. Seems that it is coming from the new domestic Pump (again).
Has anyone had this experience and what was done to resolve it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2017, 08:43 AM   #2
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You mentioned that Newmar changed your domestic water pump. Did you mean to say Newmar replaced your summer loop hot water pump in your Oasis system or your domestic water pump for the coach?

If you are talking of the summer loop pump, I changed mine recently. The new pump is a little louder than the old pump or the the other two pumps. I can hear a faint buzz in the coach when it turns on. I don't ever remember hearing the old pump. It cycles on and off to keep the heat exchanger warm. If someone runs the hot water it will also turn on. It does not make a grinding noise.

Paul
2017 Dutch Star 4018
ptw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis had a series of pump failures. You may have to replace it again.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:30 PM   #4

I've had to replace all three of my distribution pumps. The new pumps have been modified and have a different revision number on them and are noisier than the old pumps. Maybe they needed to loosen the tolerances on them. So far they are holding up.
tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #5

Thanks for all of your help. I spent quite a bit of time today on the phone with Randy from ITR. He believes the summer loop Pump needs to be replaced again. Since ITR will be at the International Rally in Sedalia (along with us) they are going to take a look at it and do what is necessary to fix it. I have to say that they may have a bunch of bad pumps but as a Company they have been pretty good to deal with. I hope it continues.
Old 08-04-2017, 08:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MH Mike 51 View Post
Thanks for all of your help. I spent quite a bit of time today on the phone with Randy from ITR. He believes the summer loop Pump needs to be replaced again. Since ITR will be at the International Rally in Sedalia (along with us) they are going to take a look at it and do what is necessary to fix it. I have to say that they may have a bunch of bad pumps but as a Company they have been pretty good to deal with. I hope it continues.
ITR has been good to work with. The first two pumps were free to me under warranty. The third one cost me $300. I was able to replace all the pumps myself.
tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I haven't had issues with my pumps, but I also don't want to be stranded, so I bought a spare. Pretty sure I won't have an issue now that I have a spare!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heating