RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-13-2016, 02:19 AM   #1

Oasis Heating Zones 3436

Happy to join tonight. I am 1 month in with our 2016 Ventana 3436. We ordered it with the Oasis heating system. I am courious to hear from other members with the same floor plan how the zones are setup because the zones and sensors we have don't make sense. Ours was delivered with the bedroom, kitchen, and living room on zone 2 with the sensor in the bedroom. Zone 1 is under the front dash, and the bathroom with the sensor near the kitchen and living room registers. Should be bedroom and bathroom together and the front of the coach on the other. I had a discussion with Newmar about the issue and learned that we should have a switch to turn off the fan in the bathroom that is missing which makes me wonder if the zones were also not setup as designed. Anyone have a 3436 with a different install for zones and switches?
Oggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-13-2016, 09:19 PM   #2
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
I have a simular floor plan, VTDP 3725. Am at factory pickup now. My zones are set up exactly like yours. When I asked the Newmar Tech about the fan switch he said the switch is only in the partial baths on bath and a half models. It is there because the small half baths heat up too much. Said there was no problem with the mid coach full baths. Not sure if who you spoke to got it wrong or if my tech is incorrect. His answer did make sense though. Will reask in morning.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:00 PM   #3

Hi JMH. Thank you very much for the response. I wish I was able to get back to you sooner. We are full-time so this was my first opportunity.The fan switch makes sense and I believe the customer service person I spoke with was mistaken. I am glad to hear that your zones are setup the same as mine because I thought that it must have been a mistake to have the bedroom in the back of the coach on the same zone as the kitchen in the middle, and the living room towards the front with the kitchen and living room heat pointing at the temp sensor for zone 1. I am going to ask around to see if I can retro some changes or switches in order to get separation between the back and front and get the temp sensors to accurately monitor the zones.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:20 PM   #4
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Checked mine today with tech. Zone 1 is dash and bathroom. Fan control at dash does not have effect on bath. All registers on drivers side are zone 2. I think zone 2 will be your primary zone set to heat the whole coach.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
VTDP 3725
Old 06-14-2016, 09:15 PM   #5

Very helpful to have inside info from you at the factory. Much better information than I am able to get from costumer service. Sounds like system was engineered based on driver and passenger sides for easy installation. The problem then is that the temp sensor for heating the intire coach is in the very back corner of the bedroom. The temperature in the back corner has no relation to the living area temp. The issue can be managed if we are present and awake to make adjustments but it is not possible to control the living area automatically based on the back corner sensor. I will be looking for a fix. Please keep me up to date on how the system is working out for you.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:18 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We have a 2014 Ventana 3436. One of the first things I noticed was screwed up Oasis zones. I don't recall the specifics, but I took it in for warranty repair and they confirmed something had been wired (and plumbed?) wrong and they fixed it under warranty. Now, Zone 1 operates the dash, living and kitchen areas with sensor up front; and Zone 2 operates bedroom and bathroom with sensor in bedroom.
Vulcangw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:42 PM   #7

I knew it was wrong. Thanks so much for confirming. Customer service told me that's probably the way it supposed to be. I called again today and spoke to a higher level person and he said he was going to do some research and get back to me. Where did you have the warranty work done was it at the factory?
Old 06-21-2016, 11:16 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Guaranty RV, Junction City, Oregon
Vulcangw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 03:56 PM   #9

Answer From Newmar

Received confirmation from Newmar that the Oasis system was installed incorrectly.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:59 PM   #10
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Oggi, who at Newmar told you this set up is wrong. I would like to get mine fixed so would really like a name to reference.

Tags
heat, heating