Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2021, 05:50 AM   #1

Oasis Hot water

Have a 2021 Dutch Star. Don't seem to have Hot water unless I Crank up the heat. Just get the heat to run the Hot water is fine. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong or something I should look at.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2021, 06:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambones View Post
Have a 2021 Dutch Star. Don't seem to have Hot water unless I Crank up the heat. Just get the heat to run the Hot water is fine. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong or something I should look at.
Don't fully understand what you mean about cranking up the heat ? What settings are you using on the Oasis ? Burner on ? Electric on ? What is your water source ?
Old 09-11-2021, 06:31 AM   #3
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:

More than likely you have a bad summer loop pump, the summer loop pump is what feeds the heat exchanger, it’s located in the green distribution box mounted behind your Oasis. You can use the bypass switch that’s on top of the stainless panel mounted on the right hand side near the ceiling of the bay that your oasis is in, put your hand on top of the stainless box and you’ll feel the switch, when you turn it onto bypass it will run all the pumps at the same time to push water through the heat loop. Only run it when you need it and don’t forget to shut it off when your done or you’ll hold the other pumps on and they will eventually burn up. This will get you by till you can get someplace to replace the pump.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Director of Training 770-628-5966
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 06:39 AM   #4
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Townley View Post
More than likely you have a bad summer loop pump, the summer loop pump is what feeds the heat exchanger, it’s located in the green distribution box mounted behind your Oasis. You can use the bypass switch that’s on top of the stainless panel mounted on the right hand side near the ceiling of the bay that your oasis is in, put your hand on top of the stainless box and you’ll feel the switch, when you turn it onto bypass it will run all the pumps at the same time to push water through the heat loop. Only run it when you need it and don’t forget to shut it off when your done or you’ll hold the other pumps on and they will eventually burn up. This will get you by till you can get someplace to replace the pump.

If you decide to change the pump yourself you’ll need some pinch of pliers to pinch the hoses on either side of the pump. The hoses are 5/8 heater hoses. If you want to test if I’m correct you can climb in the other side of the coach behind the oasis, there is a half wall, take the half wall down with a number 2 square bit and a screw gun. Have your bypass turned on when you climb in, take the cover off the distribution panel and put your hand on each of the pumps, the one that’s not on will be the summer loop. Once identified you can take the red and black wires off another pump that is on and put them on the summer loop pump. If the pump doesn’t turn on you will know that the pump is bad for sure. Keep in mind that the stainless box on the other side holds all the pump fuses so if there is a red light lit up on the panel you will need to replace any fuses that you blow during the process. Getting in the bay is the hardest part of the job. Most people pack the bay with the expectations of Armageddon during their trip[emoji23][emoji23]
Old 09-11-2021, 06:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Townley View Post
If you decide to change the pump yourself you’ll need some pinch of pliers to pinch the hoses on either side of the pump. The hoses are 5/8 heater hoses. If you want to test if I’m correct you can climb in the other side of the coach behind the oasis, there is a half wall, take the half wall down with a number 2 square bit and a screw gun. Have your bypass turned on when you climb in, take the cover off the distribution panel and put your hand on each of the pumps, the one that’s not on will be the summer loop. Once identified you can take the red and black wires off another pump that is on and put them on the summer loop pump. If the pump doesn’t turn on you will know that the pump is bad for sure. Keep in mind that the stainless box on the other side holds all the pump fuses so if there is a red light lit up on the panel you will need to replace any fuses that you blow during the process. Getting in the bay is the hardest part of the job. Most people pack the bay with the expectations of Armageddon during their trip[emoji23][emoji23]
This Dutch Star is still under warranty and bought through NIRVC Las Vegas. Is this something NIRVC would take care of as I intend to store in in Atlanta Starting in mid October. Im sure I could do it myself by rather have a record on thee warranty repair. I'm not sure what the purpose of thee summer pump is. Hot water works great if thee heat is on. No fault lights.
Old 09-11-2021, 07:03 AM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
This Dutch Star is still under warranty and bought through NIRVC Las Vegas. Is this something NIRVC would take care of as I intend to store in in Atlanta Starting in mid October. Im sure I could do it myself by rather have a record on thee warranty repair. I'm not sure what the purpose of thee summer pump is. Hot water works great if thee heat is on. No fault lights.

Absolutely!! all the NIRVC stores are able to do Newmar and oasis warranty work. In Atlanta we stock the pumps for your oasis system. See you soon!!
Old 09-11-2021, 07:08 AM   #7
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:

There is only 1 summer loop pump, the other pumps are heat zones, they just all happen to be the exact same pump regardless of the function. The summer loop is only for hot water, they do this so they can concentrate the heat for the single purpose and you get a better shower. The other pumps are made for heat zone one and two, but the piping is all tied together so if you run the heat zones it forces water through the heat exchanger, so it makes your water warm just from the other zones moving the transfer fluid. They call it the summer pump because when it’s not cold or your not using heat zones and your only using hot water it’s the only one that runs.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #8

I had this problem the other day. I hit the bypass switch to get hot water so my wife could shower.

Called a mobile tech who advised me to turn the system off at the Oasis unit for 30 seconds. That fixed it. 3 days later and no problems.

He said that fixes it about 20% of the time. Sometimes the circuitry just needs a complete reset.

I hadn't seen that fix posted before, so wanted to share. Worth a try.
GWBGE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, oasis, water