Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2022, 07:22 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Oasis Hot Water

We have a 2016 DS 4369 and we are having trouble with our Oasis hot water. We have a CHM50 unit. Upon arrival to our site we had AC1-2 +burner on and then noticed a zone fault light inside the coach. We turned off burner and everything ran fine for 5 days, no more zone fault. After 5 days we realized we had no hot water. Turned Oasis off/on and then reset it in the bay outside. There are no lights on the zone board which normally has a green light for the power. We attempted the switch to winter loop bypass with no results. The following morning, the green power light was on, on the zone board in bay, we turned AC1-2 back on inside the coach. Light stayed on for 15 minutes then went off, but still no hot water. Went outside to bay, zone board power light was off, the Oasis front panel power light was green, both red hoses on top of unit are hot but still have no hot water. Any thoughts that we can check further before calling a mobile tech? Thanks as always!
wpirk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2022, 07:50 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I reviewed the troubleshooting section of the Oasis Service Manual and it says if the power LED is not on to check the fuse between the battery and the zone board. Sounds like the power to the zone board issue is intermittent, so I’m thinking maybe a loose wire between the fuse (behind cord real?) and the zone board. I had a similar intermittent problem with my water pump. One side of the fuse was properly inserted into the female connector, but the other side was touching the outside of the connector as it was not inserted correctly.

Assuming the power LED is still off, I think I would start by verifying if power is getting to the zone board. The will help isolate the problem between the zone board or the power feeding it.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! after bathing the past two nights out of a bowl of stove top hot water, you have been a life saver ! I went outside behind the Electric bay power cord reel and removed the plastic fuse protective sheet, i checked all the fuses and oddly enough the10 amp fuse wasnt seated all the way down... once I pressed it .... i heard in the Oasis bay beside me booting up ... everything was bright green and glowing w power and within 15 minutes HOT WATER ! this site and people like you make life a whole lot easier ... thank you again and Happy Holidays !
wpirk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 02:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpirk75 View Post
We have a 2016 DS 4369 and we are having trouble with our Oasis hot water. We have a CHM50 unit. Upon arrival to our site we had AC1-2 +burner on and then noticed a zone fault light inside the coach. We turned off burner and everything ran fine for 5 days, no more zone fault. After 5 days we realized we had no hot water. Turned Oasis off/on and then reset it in the bay outside. There are no lights on the zone board which normally has a green light for the power. We attempted the switch to winter loop bypass with no results. The following morning, the green power light was on, on the zone board in bay, we turned AC1-2 back on inside the coach. Light stayed on for 15 minutes then went off, but still no hot water. Went outside to bay, zone board power light was off, the Oasis front panel power light was green, both red hoses on top of unit are hot but still have no hot water. Any thoughts that we can check further before calling a mobile tech? Thanks as always!
This sounds like the circulation pump for hot water loop has quit working. If I have it right there are two heat loops and a hot water loop or summer loop. Those pumps are located behind the Oasis burner in the distribution panel. It is accessible from the short storage bay on the passenger side directly across form the Oasis burner. You'll have to remove a small divider wall to get to the distribution panel. You can identify the pump in question by turning on the oasis heat, turn up the thermostat to call for heat. This will turn on the two heat loop pumps. You can feel the pumps running when you put your finger tips on them. The pump not running is most likely your problem. Oasis tech support is very good.

Good luck.
Eric R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 02:34 PM   #5

Bravo! On suggesting the fix. I learn stuff everyday.
Eric R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 04:17 PM   #6

Did it vibrate loose I wonder?
outlawten5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 05:10 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Glad you got things working. I've found the exchange of information on the forums can be helpful. Not always, but often enough. Enjoy the hot water!
Old 12-19-2022, 05:14 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
I reviewed the troubleshooting section of the Oasis Service Manual and it says if the power LED is not on to check the fuse between the battery and the zone board. Sounds like the power to the zone board issue is intermittent, so I’m thinking maybe a loose wire between the fuse (behind cord real?) and the zone board. I had a similar intermittent problem with my water pump. One side of the fuse was properly inserted into the female connector, but the other side was touching the outside of the connector as it was not inserted correctly.

Assuming the power LED is still off, I think I would start by verifying if power is getting to the zone board. The will help isolate the problem between the zone board or the power feeding it.
WOW....what a specific diagnosis that was spot on! Nice!
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hot water, oasis, water