Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #1

Our 08 MADP has the new Oasis brand hot water & furnace system. It's considerably quieter and less smelly (outside) than the Hydro Hot we had on our 01. But unlike the Hydro, now when we turn on the shower it's pleasantly warm only at first then turns icy cold for a couple of minutes -- before returning to an acceptable temperature that won't produce terminal goose bumps . We have to waste a lot of water waiting for it to be right.

Anybody else have this issue?

08 Newmar Mountain Aire 4523
Radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #2

Our 08 MADP has the new Oasis brand hot water & furnace system. It's considerably quieter and less smelly (outside) than the Hydro Hot we had on our 01. But unlike the Hydro, now when we turn on the shower it's pleasantly warm only at first then turns icy cold for a couple of minutes -- before returning to an acceptable temperature that won't produce terminal goose bumps . We have to waste a lot of water waiting for it to be right.

Anybody else have this issue?

Old 12-05-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do not have Hydro Hot but WH is in same area as your heater. Your shower is just above your Hydro where my shower is in far left corner of coach and it does come out cold for a spell. I would check your outside shower and make sure both foucets are closed you maybe mixing cold water thru these valves if one is partially open.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:12 AM   #4

Hi Radioman,
Mine works in the same way.
Thanks, Daryl
Old 12-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

Might be the water that's closest to the spigot stays warmer as it was just used, then there's the length of line where the water is cooled off,then the water from the heater "pushing" all of that out toward you....

Hope all that makes sense...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
While water in the pipes is a possibility. Perhaps the AH isn't keeping the fluid warm.

My HH will turn on when there is nothing in use. This is to keep the fluid (Antifreeze) hot so that there is hot water on demand.

The AH may not work this way (i.e. heats the fluid only when hot water is demanded) or maybe isn't working correctly. I'm sure there is some sort of thermistor for this.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #7

Thanks, guys. I'll certainly check the outside shower next time we're at the coach (it's on "hiatus" until later this month). Daryl, interesting to hear from you yours does the same as mine - maybe that's the way they are .

If there's a fix later on I'll post again.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radioman:
Thanks, guys. I'll certainly check the outside shower next time we're at the coach (it's on "hiatus" until later this month). Daryl, interesting to hear from you yours does the same as mine - maybe that's the way they are .

If there's a fix later on I'll post again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Radioman,
It seems as though when the burner fires is when the water gets hot. I turn the shower on full hot before I get in and in a few seconds it fired up and ready to go. On another note my heat was not working a couple of days ago. The Oasis was warming the water but the air handlers were blowing cold. Oasis walked me through the changing of two 5 amps fuses to ten amp. It seems as though they under estimated the draw for the blowers. You might want to check yours.

Thanks, Daryl
Old 12-06-2007, 03:06 AM   #9

Daryl -

Interesting about the fuses. . . Can you tell me where they are? I haven't had any blower problems, however.

Of course I'll have a tech check this out next time we're in for service, too.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:52 AM   #10

Radioman I also have an 08 MADP and the Oasis works the same in the shower. Takes about 2/3 gals of water before reliable hot water is present. BTW in addition to the two fuses there are two limiting switches that are defected and need replacing per Steve with mfg. I also found out through this forum that there is a dash mounted switch that controls the off/on and speed of a front fan that works with zone 1.

Aubie
aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #11

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radioman:
Daryl -

Interesting about the fuses. . . Can you tell me where they are? I haven't had any blower problems, however.

Of course I'll have a tech check this out next time we're in for service, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Radioman,
The fuses are in the control box on the side wall to the right of the Oasis burner. The box will have two rows of led lights. The cover snaps off and the fuses are to the left side top two. They are 5 amp and we changed them to 10 amp. It was very easy to do. Call, Oasis and they will walk you through it.

Thanks, Daryl