RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2020, 03:39 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis load shedding

We’re plugged into 50 amp power but our SilverLeaf appears to be load shedding our two heating elements in the Oasis. It will work fine for a while, then I’ll notice that the water is not real hot, and the SilverLeaf says “no ac input” next to ac #1 and ac #2, and they light up yellow. Breakers and everything looks fine, I’ve rebooted the SilverLeaf and it will work for a while, then do it again!
Any ideas on what I can check or do?
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by patgreenair View Post
We’re plugged into 50 amp power but our SilverLeaf appears to be load shedding our two heating elements in the Oasis. It will work fine for a while, then I’ll notice that the water is not real hot, and the SilverLeaf says “no ac input” next to ac #1 and ac #2, and they light up yellow. Breakers and everything looks fine, I’ve rebooted the SilverLeaf and it will work for a while, then do it again!
Have you had the bridging solenoid changed recently??

The other thing you can do is unplug and the plug in the TM 102 box in electrical compartment... For 10 seconds..reboots the silver leaf...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster52 View Post
Have you had the bridging solenoid changed recently??

The other thing you can do is unplug and the plug in the TM 102 box in electrical compartment... For 10 seconds..reboots the silver leaf...Chuck
No, I have not had anything done to the solenoid, doesn’t cutting off the salesman switch also reboot the SilverLeaf?
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
No, I have not had anything done to the solenoid, doesn’t cutting off the salesman switch also reboot the SilverLeaf?
No, by disconnect ing the TM 102 for 10 Seconds reboots the Silver leaf....That's what silver leaf had me do when I called them....said the systems weren't communicating correctly...Chuck
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:20 PM   #5

I had the very same issue and Silverleaf sent me a replacement module for the oasis. No problem since
Bobschle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 09:56 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
patgreenair: did you figured out why you saw No AC Input and ACI and II are yellow?

The rest of the coach is blowing out heat just fine. But the front dash blower motor isn't turning on (I swear it worked fine last winter. yup, turned the dash switch on. tried both low, medium and high speeds). So looked at my silverleaf panel to see if anything jumped out at me. I see the Burner is blue, Zones OK, Heater OK, No AC Input, ACI and II are both yellow.

I have been trying to get it to work for a few days. At first I thought it was because I was only using my House Batteries, so I ran the Generator = no joy. So, I thought maybe it only worked on Shorepower. Today I arrived at a campground with 50amp service = no joy.

I truly understand little about Oasis, so not sure if this combo of color and message is even an issue; let alone potentially related to the dash blower not turning on.

Thanks
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 10:42 PM   #7

Quote:
I truly understand little about Oasis, so not sure if this combo of color and message is even an issue; let alone potentially related to the dash blower not turning on.

The burner button turns yellow when the heat transfer fluid is at temperature. The Electric buttons turn yellow when the heat transfer fluid is at temperature or if the heating element was shed by the Energy Management System (EMS) function. The buttons are blue when actively heating the transfer fluid. You stated you are not on shore power, thus the indication "No AC Input". The AC1 & 2 buttons are yellow but they are not active because there is no 120V AC present.

As for the dash fan, if the Burner button is blue and you hear the OASIS burner running, the fan should be running as you suspected. Might be best to focus on troubleshooting the fan and its wiring.
cti2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 12:37 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cti2000 View Post
Quote:
The burner button turns yellow when the heat transfer fluid is at temperature. The Electric buttons turn yellow when the heat transfer fluid is at temperature or if the heating element was shed by the Energy Management System (EMS) function. The buttons are blue when actively heating the transfer fluid. You stated you are not on shore power, thus the indication "No AC Input". The AC1 & 2 buttons are yellow but they are not active because there is no 120V AC present.

As for the dash fan, if the Burner button is blue and you hear the OASIS burner running, the fan should be running as you suspected. Might be best to focus on troubleshooting the fan and its wiring.
I appreciate dumbing it down for me. It is good to understand the meaning behind the two colors. Just one point of clarification is that I have been on 50 amp shore power for about 10 hours now with the 'no ac input'. So that is an interesting observation.

However, as I am writing this note I hear the dash fan started up (I had left it on just it case it had a mind of its own and it turns out it does). Also, now the panel has all 3 blue and 'AC available' is showing. After 5 min, I hear the oasis go quiet again, so I go look at the panel. ACI and II are back to yellow with no ac input. BUT the dash fan is still blowing hot air. 3 min later I hear the oasis fire up. I go look at the panel. It is back to all 3 blue and 'AC Available'. Throughout this entire cycle I have hot air blowing at every furnace vent. Then again, I do have the furnace on so I should not be surprised by it running.

So, guess the yellow and 'no ac input' is a healthy combo as the Oasis cycles on/off based on the transfer fluid temp. As for the dash fan, maybe there is a thermostat for the fan and it needs a 'really cold' temp to trigger it to run. possible?
walkerhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerhound View Post
I appreciate dumbing it down for me. It is good to understand the meaning behind the two colors.

So, guess the yellow and 'no ac input' is a healthy combo as the Oasis cycles on/off based on the transfer fluid temp. As for the dash fan, maybe there is a thermostat for the fan and it needs a 'really cold' temp to trigger it to run. possible?

I didn't intend to dumb it down, sorry for that. I just copied/pasted the text from the 2020 SilverLeaf Guide in Newgle. If you have a Newgle account this is a good guide to go through. It walks you through every screen in SilverLeaf. For me it was helpful just to know where things are in SilverLeaf. I also found some locked settings that were incorrect. Like load shedding being disabled.

You are correct, the no AC input will show when transfer fluid is hot and the electric elements are not heating.
cti2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oasis