RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-25-2016, 09:26 AM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Oasis mixing valve?

I am having issues with water temperatures. This occurs with the electric elements running alone and even with the burner boost firing away. Yes, the burner IS working. The water will go from medium hot to cold, then back to tepid, to hotter, fluctuating at will. This occurs in ALL faucets and is not limited to, say, just the shower valve.

It seems to me my mixing valve may be at fault, but have never heard anyone talking about this problem. A search on this forum reveals absolutely nothing....in fact...NO search criteria seems to be working on this site like it used to.

Anyone experienced this?

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #2

A stir pump issue, me thinks

https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This could be a problem with the mixing valve, or your high temp switch.
Mixing valves can easily be rebuilt.
If your electric and your burner are working, this sounds like they are getting the wrong signal from the switch.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
One more thing I forgot to mention. Ever since new, I have seen "air entrained" water coming from all the sink hot faucets, but only coming from the "hot" faucets. The milky water will get better, then worse...sometimes disappearing for a week or two. The factory guys had no answer to this dilemma at my first year warranty service!
Old 12-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #5

I recently had the same identical issue with my Oasis system- lucky I was at Newmar & I and Tech Dan called Oasis & he guided us through opening & closing the mixing valve adjustment screw & that solved the problem. Be sure the unit is turned on electric or diesel.

It's a bear to get to- unload the basement compartment opposite the Oasis system- crawl in - remove panel protector wall- locate mixing valve- measure & record amount of stem sticking out- adjust in & out several times to break water scale loose while simultaneously opening & closing hot water faucet in kitchen or bath- requires 2 people. I blame the scale build up on spending our winters in Florida where the water has a very high PPM count. For this reason, I'm considering getting a whole house water softener to put in my house supply line while using their city water supply.
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 01:51 PM   #6

Now that you mention it Slabman our brand new DS4369 has milky looking hot water w/bubbles at the kitchen sink only. Wonder why?
Old 12-25-2016, 03:17 PM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Stretch, you finally got rid of that 1908 Monaco... Or whatever year it was? Welcome to the Newmar family. Now you just need a good LX470 to tow! ��
Old 12-25-2016, 03:21 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Capn Bill, that's exactly was I was thinking. I have done that with mixing valves in my carwashes years ago, so it seemed to make sense. Yes, getting our old bodies in there is always tough... Maybe I can get a grandson to crawl get in there? Thanks for the onfo.
Old 12-25-2016, 11:08 PM   #9

Slab an. Got a new keep GC. Lighter and even easier to set up and tow than my old 2002 LX470. So now I'm up to date.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 12-26-2016, 07:00 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
When I attended the Oasis seminar at the 2015 Newmar International Rally they said you need to exercise that mixing valve often to keep it from seizing up. My problem is, I have the basement mounted outside TV which means that has to be removed first just to get to the panel to get to the back side of the Oasis to get to that mixing valve. When I consulted our Newmar Tech at the factory he noted that would be a job to have to take out that TV! Guess that's why we have the option to "pay the man" when the job gets that complicated!
cstar5634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #11

I had the water temp. variation problem and the forward heaters would not heat up last year. I called the manufacture and they patiently walked me through some troubleshooting steps. I had two bad circulation pumps. They sent me replacement pumps for free even though I was out of warranty. With their instructions I was able to replace them myself.

They were great to work with.
tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 02:50 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"slabman"......It's been months since the SEACRH feature has worked for me. I thought it might be my browser, so I didn't worry about it. Recently, someone mentioned to use the Google search at the top of the page. It's right next to the Welcome box that tells you if you any messages. It does the same thing and works.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #13

I have better luck just using google for search. Not the one at the top of page. It will often find a subject here on IRV2 and many other sites.
DAJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 05:38 PM   #14

Went out to test systems and prep for our trip south after the 1st of the year and I have no zone 2 heat. Opened up the distribution box and the zone 2 pump has quit working. That's the only pump of the three I haven't had to replace yet. Also, the zone 1 pump that I replaced last February is very noisy. I'll let you know what ITR tells me tomorrow.

tomk52 is offline   Reply With Quote