Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2021, 04:16 PM   #1

Oasis problem

Hello,

I have a 2018 Newmar Mountain Aire 4047.

Recently, I am having problems with the Oasis water heater. It started when the 2 AC heaters stopped working. Plugged in with 50 amps (This is what I usually use.) The Silverleaf said “No AC Service”. So, in order to get hot water, I turned on the burner. The burner turned on and then turned off again soon after and would not make hot water. I tried to “Reset” the unit to no avail. IRV2 thread mentioned using the “Bypass” switch on the silver controller box. That worked.... The unit fired up right away and made hot water. But, I have warm air blowing in the center bathroom as well. I now have to go out and turn the switch on every time I need hot water.

Can you please help me diagnose my problem. Why are the AC elements not working? Why is the Burner not working? Are these related? Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks !
Jonbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2021, 04:36 PM   #2

We have a 18 LA so should have the same systems. The message of no AC for Oasis could be the breaker in the control box in bath room. On the diesel burner not working there should be warning lights as to what isn't working. We service our Oasis every year and if that hasn't be done that could be your burner problem.
Newmar Man
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 04:37 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbass View Post
Hello,

I have a 2018 Newmar Mountain Aire 4047.

Recently, I am having problems with the Oasis water heater. It started when the 2 AC heaters stopped working. Plugged in with 50 amps (This is what I usually use.) The Silverleaf said “No AC Service”. So, in order to get hot water, I turned on the burner. The burner turned on and then turned off again soon after and would not make hot water. I tried to “Reset” the unit to no avail. IRV2 thread mentioned using the “Bypass” switch on the silver controller box. That worked.... The unit fired up right away and made hot water. But, I have warm air blowing in the center bathroom as well. I now have to go out and turn the switch on every time I need hot water.

Can you please help me diagnose my problem. Why are the AC elements not working? Why is the Burner not working? Are these related? Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks !
I don't know if this is your issue or not but I had 2009 Dutch Aire and had a very similar issue. It turned out to be the water flow sensor in the Oasis, All it does is sense water flow. Oasis was very helpful in the diagnostic and sent me a new flow sensor to repair which was an easy fix. I don't even know if they still use the flow sensor or not but I would call Oasis and check on it. The check was simple and only required shorting the two wires on the flow sensor together which tricked the unit into thinking there was flow allowing the unit to work properly. This was some time ago and this is all I remember
Old 11-30-2021, 04:52 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I don't know if this is your issue or not but I had 2009 Dutch Aire and had a very similar issue. It turned out to be the water flow sensor in the Oasis, All it does is sense water flow. Oasis was very helpful in the diagnostic and sent me a new flow sensor to repair which was an easy fix. I don't even know if they still use the flow sensor or not but I would call Oasis and check on it. The check was simple and only required shorting the two wires on the flow sensor together which tricked the unit into thinking there was flow allowing the unit to work properly. This was some time ago and this is all I remember
After thinking about this I believe it is the level switch and not the water flow sensor

Tags
oasis, problem