Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 11:14 PM   #1

Oasis summer loop pump died in 2 years, will other 2 pumps go also

The Oasis summer loop pump on my 2015 DS went south in 2 years, so was wondering if anyone had any experience with the other 2 pumps in the Oasis. Do they get as much usage, or do most of us not use the winter loop nearly as much?
In 30-40 degree outside temps it seems my furnaces will run almost an hour to raise the inside temp from 62-68 degrees first thing in the morning. If the winter loop pumps are running all this time how long will they last?
Kind of trying to decide if one or both of these two pumps should be purchased to keep on hand as a reserve. I know what kind of a pickle it left us in on our vacation when the summer loop crapped out and left us with no hot water at the faucets or shower.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I called Oasis and bought a spare. I also had an issue with the macerator toilet in the rear bath. That macerator motor (rear bath) always made an odd noise. It quit once this past summer, but I was able to repair it. I now carry a spare one of those too.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #3

Just replaced my Loop 1 pump after 2 years of very little use. The new pumps are supposed to be better but I will wait and see. This is an issue that has been covered in previous threads.
BTW. You only need one spare as all the pumps are the same.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:24 PM   #4

I'm not familiar with the internal operations for the Oasis. I have done the annual maint. procedures for the last 4 years- pretty simple stuff .

What are the symptoms of a failed summer loop pump ?
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I'm not familiar with the internal operations for the Oasis. I have done the annual maint. procedures for the last 4 years- pretty simple stuff .

What are the symptoms of a failed summer loop pump ?
No hot water.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
The Oasis summer loop pump on my 2015 DS went south in 2 years, so was wondering if anyone had any experience with the other 2 pumps in the Oasis. Do they get as much usage, or do most of us not use the winter loop nearly as much?
In 30-40 degree outside temps it seems my furnaces will run almost an hour to raise the inside temp from 62-68 degrees first thing in the morning. If the winter loop pumps are running all this time how long will they last?
Kind of trying to decide if one or both of these two pumps should be purchased to keep on hand as a reserve. I know what kind of a pickle it left us in on our vacation when the summer loop crapped out and left us with no hot water at the faucets or shower.
Wagonmaster2,
And anyone else with a failed Summer Loop pump, a simple "workaround" is to turn on the circulation pump, the switch on the small silver box next/near to the status panel. The up side is you will have hot water at your taps; the down side is you will have heated fluid flowing through the heat exchangers (the fans will not run but you can feel the heat at the grates). By cycling the switch on when needed, to minimize the heat load, you can save a vacation until you can reach a repair facility.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:23 PM   #7

I would call Oasis and they would be able to give you help. They are great to work with.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algoma View Post
Just replaced my Loop 1 pump after 2 years of very little use. The new pumps are supposed to be better but I will wait and see. This is an issue that has been covered in previous threads.
BTW. You only need one spare as all the pumps are the same.
John, you answered the question that popped into my mind as soon as Don said he bought a spare, are all 3 pumps the same. Guess that had better be my next purchase.
I also never thought about the macerator stool motors. As much as the wife and I use the toilets I'd better see about a spare one of those also.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
Wagonmaster2,
And anyone else with a failed Summer Loop pump, a simple "workaround" is to turn on the circulation pump, the switch on the small silver box next/near to the status panel. The up side is you will have hot water at your taps; the down side is you will have heated fluid flowing through the heat exchangers (the fans will not run but you can feel the heat at the grates). By cycling the switch on when needed, to minimize the heat load, you can save a vacation until you can reach a repair facility.
Ken, when I called Oasis to order the motor pump the rep told me the same thing. So for a week this summer I'd turn on the circulating pump switch at night when the wife started her nightly ordeals then I'd jump in the shower when she was through, dry off fast, then run outside and turn off that switch. Nice to have a hot shower but sure got tiresome running in/out. The rep said best to not leave this switch on for long times but didn't expound on the why. Glad you answered that question.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I called Oasis and bought a spare. I also had an issue with the macerator toilet in the rear bath. That macerator motor (rear bath) always made an odd noise. It quit once this past summer, but I was able to repair it. I now carry a spare one of those too.
Don, do you remember the part number for that macerator toilet motor and did you have to order it from Dometic? I hold my breath every time I flush one of our toilets. I really tried to get Newmar to use a regular dump type toilet in the small center bath when I ordered our coach but they nixed that in a hurry. Since it sets right over the tanks I could never figure out why.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #11
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Allen, I'll have to go look. It took me awhile to find a part number and then actually find one.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Allen, I'll have to go look. It took me awhile to find a part number and then actually find one.
Thanks Don.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #13

My summer pump just went I'm at the FMCA great Rally.
They are sending me a new one. Bummer
tlc1244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc1244 View Post
My summer pump just went I'm at the FMCA great Rally.
They are sending me a new one. Bummer
Does the summer loop pumps get more usage than the winter loops causing these to fail more often than the winter loop pumps? Seems with all these failures the factory should be giving us some kind of allottment for all our problems.