Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #1

Oasis summer loop replacment

OK, ordered the new pump from ITR and have it. Going to have to do this myself as I cannot get any service until November from anyone (issue been going on since early September). We are full time. Crawled underneath and got into the Distribution Module. Have the pinch pliers to close off the input line. How the heck do you get the hoses off the old pump? I have tried everything and they do not budge. Oh, don't suggest calling ITR - they have not returned any of my last 5 voice mails going back to early last week. TIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6109.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	364.0 KB
ID:	346503  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2021, 12:59 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just replaced my Zone 2 pump and have two additional pumps on order from US Solar Pumps ($81.85 ea). I found that it was difficult to slide the clamp up the hose and out of the way as the clamp had dug into the hose somewhat. I found it easier to release the pressure on the clamp and then twist the pump and pull it off the hose.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:49 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBuckI View Post
OK, ordered the new pump from ITR and have it. Going to have to do this myself as I cannot get any service until November from anyone (issue been going on since early September). We are full time. Crawled underneath and got into the Distribution Module. Have the pinch pliers to close off the input line. How the heck do you get the hoses off the old pump? I have tried everything and they do not budge. Oh, don't suggest calling ITR - they have not returned any of my last 5 voice mails going back to early last week. TIA.
I replaced the small section hose on top with new 1/2" ID and just snipped off the back side of original hose, just behind the clamp. So I used the same back hose, just an inch shorter and a new small hose on the top. Long handle angled needled nose plyers works great on the clamps.
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:53 PM   #4

I couldn't get either hose to release from the pump and just cut them at the pump. Like Dutchstar411, I purchased a short length of 1/2 ID heater hose and replaced the short outlet hose. The inlet hose is long enough that the inch or so I cut off didn't matter.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:25 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You need to slide those hose clamps up the hose and then use a wide blade screwdriver to pry the edge of the hose on both sides away from the pump housing.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 06:43 AM   #6
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBuckI View Post

First itís probably good to mention to tap the one way checks with a hammer lightly to make sure they closed. The hose clamps are a little rough to deal with so having another hose clamp near by just in case isnít a bad idea. For removing the hose a twisting motion on the hose will break any solidified material at the ends of the hose. Once the material is broken up they come of with a little more ease.

Thanks,
Justin
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration
Service Manager 404-314-9996
Justin Townley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:32 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Iíve had two SLPís fail in 4 years. The newer pumps were supposed to be the remedy for the issue but they can fail in another mode than the original issue that shows up as a blown fuse. That is where the motor shorts out.

This info came from one of the ITR techs on the phone.

On the new style a circuit on the internal PCB open up due to heat build up because the pump is almost touching the heat exchanger in side the distribution module. I positioned the second pump away from the heat exchanger by twisting it on the fitting a little. Iím hoping this is going to provide some additional protection.

Also as I was working this issue I learned that when you flip on the bypass switch to turn on the heat zone pumps the system turns off the Summer Loop pump. Without ITRís help this would have caused confusion durning troubleshooting.

I may order one of the other pumps that the above member mentioned just to have on hand.
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:34 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy013 View Post
I just replaced my Zone 2 pump and have two additional pumps on order from US Solar Pumps ($81.85 ea). I found that it was difficult to slide the clamp up the hose and out of the way as the clamp had dug into the hose somewhat. I found it easier to release the pressure on the clamp and then twist the pump and pull it off the hose.

Flyboy do you have the part number of the alternative pump you ordered from US Solar Pumps?

TIA
Old 10-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Flyboy do you have the part number of the alternative pump you ordered from US Solar Pumps?

TIA
C1A/H 12V 20L
Need 1/2″ barb head
$81.25

www.ussolarpumps.com
Dutchstar411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 10:38 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Replaced all of mine at one time last winter. One thing that helped was putting unit on for 5 minutes while using the switch on top of silver cover. This made all pumps that worked come on and once hoses were warm shutdown Oasis and this made hoses more pliable. Using special ring clamp pliers that lock pulled up rings and used hose clamp pliers. I got angry at summer loop hose and just ended up cutting it off with razor knife and replacing with 1/2Ē heater hose I had on standby. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0119.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	651.7 KB
ID:	346722
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Replaced all of mine at one time last winter. One thing that helped was putting unit on for 5 minutes while using the switch on top of silver cover. This made all pumps that worked come on and once hoses were warm shutdown Oasis and this made hoses more pliable. Using special ring clamp pliers that lock pulled up rings and used hose clamp pliers. I got angry at summer loop hose and just ended up cutting it off with razor knife and replacing with 1/2Ē heater hose I had on standby. Attachment 346722
What are the 2 pliers at the top and the bottom tool on left?
Old 10-23-2021, 08:01 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchstar411 View Post
C1A/H 12V 20L

Need 1/2″ barb head

$81.25

www.ussolarpumps.com

Thank you sir! If we ever meet face to face the 🥃 on me.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:59 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
What are the 2 pliers at the top and the bottom tool on left?

Top two pliers are for different type spring hose clamps. The bottom left tool separates hose from barbed fittings. It did not work correctly until hoses where hot-warm.
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Top two pliers are for different type spring hose clamps. The bottom left tool separates hose from barbed fittings. It did not work correctly until hoses where hot-warm.

Tags
acme, oasis