Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2022, 01:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis system and Micro Air Thermostat issues

We have an Oasis Hydronic Heating system (furnace and water heater) in our Ventana. We just installed the Micro Air Easy TouchRV 350 thermostat and really love its features. HOWEVER, it's becoming apparent that the Micro Air may be interfering with the the ability of the Oasis to get the burner to come on and stay on for heating water. It's intermittent - sometimes we get hot water, sometimes we don't. And, the water doesn't stay hot. The thermostat Icon Reference card shows an option for "Aqua", but we don't see it for an option to choose on the unit, nor in the App.
Does anyone else have this setup? IF so, how did you program the thermostat?
Micro Air does not have a phone number to call - only can send a message online for emailing. which we did.
In the meantime, we re-installed the old Dometic Thermostat, and tested every function - all of which now works perfectly. Soooo..... awaiting Micro Air's reply.
thanks!
AbunFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2022, 01:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I am watching for the fix as I was thinking of adding the Micro Air Easy TouchRV 350 thermostat
Old 01-08-2022, 05:46 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Odd. I have had the Microair for a year and never noticed any issue with hot water. Since this should be something that should be up independent of the thermostat (staying hot) I am not sure how the Microair would have this effect.
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 06:51 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by richpatty View Post
Odd. I have had the Microair for a year and never noticed any issue with hot water. Since this should be something that should be up independent of the thermostat (staying hot) I am not sure how the Microair would have this effect.
DO YOU have the Oasis system as well? What climates have you traveled in?
Have you been able to use your furnace and get hot water. We just noticed a "Zone Fault" indicator which flashes red.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:21 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yes we have an Oasis and have used it in cold weather… as recently as last month. Everything seemed to work fine. I would see if you can clear that fault and see where that leads you.
richpatty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 08:45 AM   #6

Try emailing: help@microair.net

Should get you Roger. He’s been great to work with and can troubleshoot your problem.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 03:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbunFree View Post
DO YOU have the Oasis system as well? What climates have you traveled in?
Have you been able to use your furnace and get hot water. We just noticed a "Zone Fault" indicator which flashes red.
Zone fault maybe the hot water recirculating pump failed or failing?
Old 01-08-2022, 04:10 PM   #8

I have had the MicroAir 350 for over a year. No issues at all. I have never had an issue with hot water or fiancé function with Oasis.
The one time we had a hot water issue was pump failure.
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:39 PM   #9

Just as a side note.

I leave my coach set at 40 deg outside my house the last few winters due to restricted travel. If you leave the heat on then the water heating pump will run to keep the water warm. I have failed a few summer loop pumps. This year I removed the fuse to stop the summer loop from running. I have the fault light on all the time.
Old 01-08-2022, 07:08 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
We have an Oasis Hydronic Heating system (furnace and water heater) in our Ventana. We just installed the Micro Air Easy TouchRV 350 thermostat and really love its features. HOWEVER, it's becoming apparent that the Micro Air may be interfering with the the ability of the Oasis to get the burner to come on and stay on for heating water. It's intermittent - sometimes we get hot water, sometimes we don't. And, the water doesn't stay hot. The thermostat Icon Reference card shows an option for "Aqua", but we don't see it for an option to choose on the unit, nor in the App.
Does anyone else have this setup? IF so, how did you program the thermostat?
Micro Air does not have a phone number to call - only can send a message online for emailing. which we did.
In the meantime, we re-installed the old Dometic Thermostat, and tested every function - all of which now works perfectly. Soooo..... awaiting Micro Air's reply.
thanks!
Your zone pump for hot water has failed.....this is VERY common. Many of us carry a spare pump. You can verify this by going to the Oasis bay (outer door) and look inside the bay, to the right. There is a silver box mounted on the wall with several LED indicators (see photo). On the top of that box is a black switch. It's for testing the system. Push the switch and try your hot water. If you get hot water, the pump is bad. There are several posts on replacing it. You need to open up the distribution box which is at the back of your 3/4 bay where the Oasis is installed. There is a false wood wall which has to be removed to gain access to the distribution box. The cover is removed, and the hot water pump is in the center/left. Having heater hose clamps helps.

***Caution....you can leave the switch on when you need hot water but turn it off when done. It's not good to leave it on all the time.

If you determine the pump is bad, call ITR (Oasis) for a new pump. You can also order a service kit which is supposed to be done once a year. It's very simple and there are You Tube videos that walk you through it.

https://itrheat.com/oasis-heating-system/

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	353356
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:54 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks so much!

We have determined that indeed the Micro Air thermostat is NOT related to the oasis hot water issue. After talking on the phone and emailing Logan Pickett with ITR, it is indeed a Summer Loop Pump failure, but it's still intermittent, so probably in the process of failing.
I didn't know that this is such a COMMON issue with Oasis Hydronic heating systems! We've already had that pump replaced less than 1.5 yrs ago.
So, I guess we'll replace it again. thanks everyone!
Old 01-16-2022, 12:03 AM   #12
Community Moderator

Quote:
We have determined that indeed the Micro Air thermostat is NOT related to the oasis hot water issue. After talking on the phone and emailing Logan Pickett with ITR, it is indeed a Summer Loop Pump failure, but it's still intermittent, so probably in the process of failing.

I didn't know that this is such a COMMON issue with Oasis Hydronic heating systems! We've already had that pump replaced less than 1.5 yrs ago.

So, I guess we'll replace it again. thanks everyone!

I have found that this pump will run anytime the boiler is at its hot temperature. So to increase the lifespan of this pump, I only turn on AC1/AC2/Burner 1-2 hours before I need hot water (shower), and then turn it off after all showers for that morning are complete (versus leaving it on 24/7).
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, oasis, thermostat