Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2021, 09:49 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Oasis System Question

Brought the coach out for camping this season, and had hot water for only about 30 seconds with the Oasis Burner and AC1 & AC 2 electric elements on. Turned the burner off and had hot water with the AC1/2 on for about 10 minutes.
Last year having the AC1 & AC2 on provided plenty of hot water for showers and everything else...now cannot seem to get hot water...any suggestions???
OakTree is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2021, 01:41 PM   #2

Your summer pump (loop 1) may have failed. To test, turn the bypass switch to on and run the burner. This will run the heated fluid through all zones. If you get, and keep, hot water, chances are the pump is bad.

The bypass switch can be found on the top of the silver box next to the Oasis. Sorry this photo is showing sideways.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oasis (1).jpg
Views:	6
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	323680

Close up of the switch:

Name:	Bypass.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	234.7 KB
ID:	323679

If the bypass switch solves the problem, you can turn it on when you want hot water and then turn it off when done or it will heat up your coach.

Either way, a call to ITR (Oasis) on Monday is in order. They can walk you through testing the heater and help diagnose the problem, and they can send you a replacement pump, if needed.

I suggest you post your coach model and year, so folks would know whether or not they can help out.

Good luck!

Susan
Old 04-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks so much Susan, I will try that. Do you suggest training with just the burner on and the AC 1 &2 off?
Old 04-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

When we went through this last summer, we were only using the burner for hot water because the cost of electricity at that campground was ridiculous. Where we are now the electricity is much cheaper, so we're only using AC 1 & 2. I'd think it would work with just the burner, just AC 1 & 2, or burner and AC 1 & 2. The telling point will be if once the Oasis is heating, with the bypass switch on are you getting hot water?

All of this assumes the Oasis is working and heating the fluid.

Oasis pump failure is not a rare occurrence here. Do a search and you'll find many threads about it, including information from folks who have replaced the pumps themselves. If you coach is still under warranty, Newmar should have the pump replaced for you.
Old 04-03-2021, 04:12 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Oasis System Question

Today I replaced my summer loop pump. This is the second time I have replaced the pump in less than 2 years. This is the new style pump that failed.

I took the bad pump apart. This is a centrifugal single impeller pump. As you can see a small piece of the shaft broke. I thought it might be something like this because the pump did run but we were not getting the normal heat transfer for hot water. Running in bypass with zone one and two gave us plenty of hot water.

I will be calling ITR on Monday to see what they think. I am a little annoyed the new pump failed in less than two years. Having spare parts like this saved the day. Took me 20 minutes to replace it.

We are back in business.

Name:	IMG_1587.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	247.0 KB
ID:	323696Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1588.jpg
Size:	359.2 KB
ID:	323697Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1589.jpg
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	323698
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 06:53 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Turning the bypass switch to “On” made no difference in getting heat from the Oasis burner. We also noticed some liquid along side of the pan the Oasis unit sits on. We opened the front cover to see inside the unit, and there was a great deal of moisture and the bottom of the pan (on the inside) is covered with a whiteish caked substance...is that normal????

Our coach is a 2019 New Aire.
Old 04-03-2021, 08:16 PM   #7

No, it isn't. You have a leak somewhere. Could be just a loose hose, or something more serious. Check the transfer fluid level, if you haven't already done so.-Paul
Old 04-03-2021, 08:49 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
When you turn on the bypass mode does your panel show zone pump 1 & 2 running (green light) for each pump
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:04 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Smile Update

Just an update for those of you who have helped me with this thread; The wonderful folks at Guaranty Service center have diagnosed (along with the help of ITR folks) that the control board in our New Aire coach had the incorrect board installed at the factory. The equally wonderful folks at Newmar are going to replace the board...yippee!
Old 04-08-2021, 09:25 AM   #10
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OakTree View Post
Just an update for those of you who have helped me with this thread; The wonderful folks at Guaranty Service center have diagnosed (along with the help of ITR folks) that the control board in our New Aire coach had the incorrect board installed at the factory. The equally wonderful folks at Newmar are going to replace the board...yippee!
Sherry Rouillard and her Newmar service crew (Phil & Devin) at Guaranty RV in Junction City are the best! They have always taken great care of our coach. Good folks.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 12:22 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Yes, they are an amazing threesome!!!! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!!!!
Old 04-08-2021, 01:47 PM   #12

"We opened the front cover to see inside the unit, and there was a great deal of moisture and the bottom of the pan (on the inside) is covered with a whiteish caked substance...is that normal????"

What did they say was the cause of this? -Paul
Old 04-08-2021, 06:47 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
They said most probably “simple leaks”. They are looking into it...will let you know for sure. It is pretty ugly.

Tags
oasis