Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2021, 11:24 AM   #15
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnaz View Post
Thanks Guys,
My pump has come in and I will install in about a week. It is still too cold up here at night to de winterize so I will wait till I go down south in about a week.

I got a Sanicon 500S on the way to install as well. Looking forward to the upgrades.
I like to keep things simple so that when setting up camp, it doesn't become a chore. I set my SaniCon up so that the drain hose fit out the slot cut in the door frame, rather than down through the floor. Once I re-installed the SaniCon, with the bayonet mount, the discharge port was facing forward. Rather than use the bulky discharge hose to coil around the back of the SaniCon and then out the door slot, I used a piece of 1" pvc and some radiator hose bends to make a cleaner transition.

I had to remove the thick rubber seal in the door slot and then place some rubber edge molding on the metal to protect the hose. Even with the hose sheath on the SaniCon hose, I can still get the SaniCon hose and the water hose to fit in the slot and close the bay door. I put the water hose in first, in the back corner of the opening, and then the drain hose. This makes connecting sooooo much easier and quicker.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181112_143614.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	217.4 KB
ID:	319624

Name:	20181112_143610.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	319625

Name:	20181112_155209.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	319626
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2021, 08:26 PM   #16

Thanks Dutchstar Don,
Yes, I plan on doing something very similar, I like the simplicity of it. i am considering using clear braided hose from pump exit to near the slot to exit bay & then transition to the normal sanicon hose. This way I can tell if my tank has been flushed well and no PVC pipe to cut and glue up. I make final install call when I can see the actual pump placement and practical radius the hose make. Another option would be a combination of hard pipe and a short section of clear tubing.
I am also thinking of adding a cam lock connection at the sewer discharge end so I disconnect the end to screw it into the campground sewer connection & then connect back up.
lbnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:29 AM   #17

I installed the 600S. Here’s how it turned out. I already had the hole thru the floor from my old sanicon and I had a custom bracket made for the new unit because the one that came with it would have raised it too high off the floor to allow for most of the fluids to be expelled. Works great! Also, I can easily disconnect it if it fails and use the old slinky method by using this fitting:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an aside, I love how fast the tanks empty compared to the old Sanicon units. Also, I use the slot in the door frame for the water hose.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FF5D6F38-C504-4050-9A2D-D85E39E4ED9E.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	319693  
Old 03-30-2021, 10:57 PM   #18

Got my Water pump and Sanicon turbo install. Did Install like Dutch Star Don.

For the Sanicon, I added a section of clear tubing so I can monitor how well the tank is flushed.

The water pump is a little quieter than the original pump but, performance is much better. I was hoping it would be quieter, but it's not really that loud. I am using the inlet screen filter that came with the pump. I think some of the noise could be caused by air bubbles as I can see some in the inlet screen. I probably don't need the screen as coach has a filter on the inlet to the tank. I might try and remove to see if this improves.

The Sanicon I haven't used much yet but, am liking it so far. The notch that I am running it through is not deep enough as when I shut the bay door it will compress the water line a bit. I might trim the bottom piece of aluminum on the bay door a little to give it some more clearance.
0314211534a (2).jpg
0314211534b (2).jpg
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	0314211534a (2).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	323211   Click image for larger version

Name:	0314211534b (2).jpg
Views:	35
Size:	264.0 KB
ID:	323212