Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2022, 04:32 PM   #1

Oasis Zone 2 Fault - fuse good, no power to pump

Baffled here, I confirmed fuse ok, "assumed" pump bad so replaced and now I diagnose to find no power at pump terminals yet though fuse good. The fuse terminals appear very solid.

Spoke with tech assist at ITR and no assist beyond likely fuse terminals must be loose. But they look and feel solid. Hate the thought of pulling control board and replacing it.

Anyone have the wiring diagram showing fuse to pump logic (or) know what is between the fuse and power to pump??

Thinking they have a relay or what could it be preventing power to pump??.

I have looked at all the great resources in Oasis links and the internal wiring diagram but not seeing anything about fuse>pump wiring
MCRV Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2022, 09:47 PM   #2
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Are you getting a green light on the zone board for the Heat Loop Pump? The power goes from the relay to the fuse then the pump. Red indicates blown fuse but only when the power is on to the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1851.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	354486   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1852.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	354487  

Old 01-23-2022, 07:22 AM   #3

Yes

My “zone fault” = red lights come on when call for heat in Z2 furnace mode at coach display and control board.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:50 AM   #4

When I had my summer loop pump replaced, the technician verified the pump was bad by connecting wires from a battery (off what looked like a cordless drill) to the pump.
After watching what it takes to replace them, I'll be doing it myself if it happens again.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:58 AM   #5
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCRV Passion View Post
My “zone fault” = red lights come on when call for heat in Z2 furnace mode at coach display and control board.
The red light is a blown fuse indicator. The fuse is in the panel that I pictured in my previous post. The red light is wired across the fuse terminals. The light comes on when the pump relay is closed and there is an open across the fuse.

If you look close in the pictures I previously posted, the bottom left fuse is pulled for the summer loop pump and the red light is illuminated.
Old 01-23-2022, 01:59 PM   #6

Thanks, if that’s the case then it seems I’ll have to pull the control board and see why/how the fuse terminals can be open when a good fuse is in there.

Continuity confirmed thru fuse and even switched fuse 1,2 and still Z2 goes red.

Hate to pull board as such very tight fit dang it. Z2 on my rig is just bathroom so may just do without until I get back to home base in April.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:39 PM   #7

I'm speaking from Aqua Hot knowledge here, but the units are similar. In the Aqua Hot, the pumps are turned ON and OFF by a switch in the ground wire, not the 12V wire. You say the fuse is good, so measure the motor wire voltage, at the motor, to a ground terminal on the OASIS, not the ground wire on the motor. See if the motor terminal has 12V. If it does, connect the motor ground terminal to an OASIS ground terminal (bypassing a ground switch) to see if the motor runs. If it runs, look back up the ground wire to see where the ground connection isn't being made.

If the other motor is running, you could connect a jumper from the running motor ground wire to the non-running motor ground wire, to see if it runs. That would also indicate the ground wire isn't getting connection somewhere.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:56 PM   #8

I’ve checked voltage at motor terminal + to chassis ground and 0. I plugged new pump into Z1 terminals and it works.

No voltage is getting to the motor, seems due to fuse not passing it. Sure wish they provided schematic on fuse/relay/ thermostat so I understood the path.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by alank View Post
I'm speaking from Aqua Hot knowledge here, but the units are similar. In the Aqua Hot, the pumps are turned ON and OFF by a switch in the ground wire, not the 12V wire.
The Aqua Hot is low side switched but the Oasis is high side switched.
BonS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 08:12 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Inside the Oasis distribution box where the clear PEX lines enter/exit there is a temperature sensor attached to the water line. This temperature sensor is in line such that the power to the summer pump passes through it. The pump only gets power (ie turns on) when the water is not warm enough. This could explain why you have power at the fuse and not the pump itself.

I would recommend tracing the wires connected to the summer loop pump. One of them goes to this temperature sensor. Check for voltage on the other side of this sensor. And/Or disconnect and check switch continuity. If you have power on the other side of the sensor (or no continuity), you may be able to temporary bypass it to verify that all is good with the rest of the system.

Here is a picture that ITR had provided me a few months ago with I was troubleshooting an summer pump related issue.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image001.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	342.8 KB
ID:	354585
Old 01-23-2022, 09:19 PM   #11

Thanks for detail but unless I misunderstand your reply my issue is with #2 zone heating pump. Zone 1 & DHW zone works ok. Summer stat would not be part of the current path that I can see.
Old 01-24-2022, 08:56 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sorry for the last post. I drafted it offline and posted it to the wrong thread.

I do have some suggestions for troubleshooting.

The oasis board has circuitry to determine if the fuse is blown. Since you have verified that the fuse is good, then there must be an issue with the board itself. Depending on your skill level, this is something you may be able to troubleshoot and repair yourself.

While we don’t have the schematic for the circuit board, it was stated that the power flows into the relay, then through the fuse and then out the board through one of the connectors to the pump.

You stated that power “though fuse [was] good“ and that the fuse terminal was also solid so you may have already done this first check that I am suggesting. The top of the each fuse has a test point that you can touch with a test light or multimeter probe. I would suggest checking to see if there is any voltage on either side of the fuse. If not then perhaps the relay is bad. I would attempt to use the probe on the relay leads to determine if there is voltage entering and exiting the relay. My thought is that the relay may have gone bad or solder connecting the relay or fuse connector to the board may be bad. While it’s unlikely, it does happen and your issue definitely sounds like a problem with the board given that the red LED is on and you have confirmed that the fuse it good.

I would also do a continuity test from the pump’s 12V wire back to the board. I would test between the pump to the fuse terminal. If that fails you can repeat the test testing various intermediate points (ie connectors). While we don’t have a wiring diagram you should be able to disconnect the 9 or 12 pin connector feeding the distribution module and do a continuity test to determine which pin on the connector is for the zone 2 pump. From there you have the wire color in the harness from that connector back to the oasis circuit board. You could do another continuity test from the intermediate connector to the connector at the board. And then from that connector to the fuse terminal.

I think best case scenario is that you have a loose or broken wire somewhere between the board and the pump (although that doesn’t explain the red LED). Worse case there is an issue with the board which would require a little bit of solder or perhaps the replacement of a relay.

Again I think the first order of business would be to test the voltage at the fuse test points to verify if the problem is before or after the fuse.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:48 PM   #13

Much appreciated Flyboy!

Great advise, I confirmed fuse terminal voltage in and also that pump wire lead from board to pump all ok.

I don’t want to tackle repair of control board so I’ll have to seek price on new control board I think at this point.

I’ll pull it out when I’m home to see if it’s just fuse terminal at back of board, if not that new board it’ll be now.
Old 01-28-2022, 03:10 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
When I had my summer loop pump replaced, the technician verified the pump was bad by connecting wires from a battery (off what looked like a cordless drill) to the pump.
After watching what it takes to replace them, I'll be doing it myself if it happens again.
Trust me…it will fail again. We have already been through 2 pumps over the past year. Definitely order replacement pumps through ITR as RV dealers are marking them up significantly.
Sugaree is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, no power, oasis, power, pump