Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2020, 12:04 PM   #1

Oasis Zone Fault red light on only when hot

I'm having trouble with the Oasis Zone Fault red light on only when the Oasis is hot. Called ITR and was told to replace the Summer Loop pump.
Later I e-mailed so as not to bother them with a phone call to ask why the light only turned red when the Oasis unit heated up, either from Burner or AC heaters. No response.

Can anyone who knows the ins/outs of the Oasis unit explain to me what or how the workings turn the Zone Fault light on only when hot. I'm going to have to travel 5 hours to Carthage, Mo to get this pump replaced as soon as the state is completely opened up and figure the more I can explain my problem the more likely it will be fixed completely.

I know this Zone Fault has been beat around on other threads, but nothing about the red light on or off. I understand the basics of the Oasis but still much to learn.
Appreciate any and all information.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2020, 04:33 AM   #2
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
There are two temperature sensors for the hot water function. The first sensor is in the Oasis unit. The contacts on this sensor close and enable the summer loop pump when the water in the tank reaches a preset temperature. The second sensor is near the heat exchanger. This sensor turns on the summer loop pump when the hot water temperature is below set point at the heat exchanger.

The zone fault light comes on when both temperature sensors close and the pump does not come on. It may be activated by a blown fuse or open circuit on the pump.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I'm having trouble with the Oasis Zone Fault red light on only when the Oasis is hot. Called ITR and was told to replace the Summer Loop pump.
Later I e-mailed so as not to bother them with a phone call to ask why the light only turned red when the Oasis unit heated up, either from Burner or AC heaters. No response.

Can anyone who knows the ins/outs of the Oasis unit explain to me what or how the workings turn the Zone Fault light on only when hot. I'm going to have to travel 5 hours to Carthage, Mo to get this pump replaced as soon as the state is completely opened up and figure the more I can explain my problem the more likely it will be fixed completely.

I know this Zone Fault has been beat around on other threads, but nothing about the red light on or off. I understand the basics of the Oasis but still much to learn.
Appreciate any and all information.

I had a zone fault on zone 1 last October and changed the pump. When we got to Florida this winter I had a zone 2 fault. I ordered two pumps and changed the pump on zone 2 and the summer loop pump as well while I was in there as I figured it was a matter of time considering the failures of the other pumps. The new pumps seem better built than the old ones.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptw View Post
There are two temperature sensors for the hot water function. The first sensor is in the Oasis unit. The contacts on this sensor close and enable the summer loop pump when the water in the tank reaches a preset temperature. The second sensor is near the heat exchanger. This sensor turns on the summer loop pump when the hot water temperature is below set point at the heat exchanger.

The zone fault light comes on when both temperature sensors close and the pump does not come on. It may be activated by a blown fuse or open circuit on the pump.
Thank you very much Paul. This really does confirm the fact that my summer loop pump is gone again (already replaced it once) since the fuse blows and the Zone Fault light comes on when the Oasis unit heats up.
ITR said the wiring in the pump is shorted out and should be replaced. I couldn't understand why the Zone Fault light was only on at certain times, but ITR wouldn't take the time to explain all this. Guess customer doesn't need to know why, just do as told.
Really appreciate your expertise.
Old 05-03-2020, 11:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1 View Post
I had a zone fault on zone 1 last October and changed the pump. When we got to Florida this winter I had a zone 2 fault. I ordered two pumps and changed the pump on zone 2 and the summer loop pump as well while I was in there as I figured it was a matter of time considering the failures of the other pumps. The new pumps seem better built than the old ones.
I sure hope the newer pumps are as good a ITR says. The new pumps are supposed to use 10A fuses instead of 5A like the original pumps so they must be heavier. My worry is, how can I be sure the shop doesn't use an older pump on me that they've had in stock for years.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I sure hope the newer pumps are as good a ITR says. The new pumps are supposed to use 10A fuses instead of 5A like the original pumps so they must be heavier. My worry is, how can I be sure the shop doesn't use an older pump on me that they've had in stock for years.

Here is what my old pump looked like. If your shop is going to install one like this don’t let them. Have them order a new one from ITR. The new pumps are bigger and say ITR (I think - my new ones are installed) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3613.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	356.0 KB
ID:	284086

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:50 PM   #7

Attached is a photo of the new pump.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190312_182302.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	284172
ftharrisiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #8

Great. Good to know what the new ones look like. I still have (I think) the old one that went bad last so I can be sure the new one doesn't look like it, and now I'll have a picture of a new one.

Tags
light, oasis