Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ok i'm an idiot part iii

Some of you thought my last 2 stories were pretty tame, saw a bunch of been there, done that. Well here's another one that will show how determination with no training do no good.
So I decided to take my beautiful bride for a driving lesson. I was warned on a Newmar everything works slowly so be patient. I've come to find out that was good advise. Anyway, back to the story, we pulled in the slides, pulled the shore connections, then started it up and hit the button to raise the jacks. Well I decided not to wait as long as I normally do and started to pull out. The Jack Down light on the dash was lit up, I got out and checked and the jacks were up, so off we went. By the time we got back the light was still on, no power to the control panel, no problem, it's happened before, I'll just have to shut everything off, wait and let the computer cycle itself. So I waited, 10 minutes later I tried it again, still no power to the controls, ok maybe I didn't wait long enough. After waiting a little longer, I tried again with the same results, now I'm frustrated. I went out and do what I do best, I open the front end and get to the computer. Turned on the key and sure enough one of the little lights inside the computer is on. I did what every red blooded American man with no training would do I hit it on the side and tried it again. No luck. Now I decide to take it to the next level, I take the cover off the computer and start tapping things, I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it, somethings got to change, for better or worse something is going to change. By the time I got the cover back on (at least 15 minutes) I tried it again. Of course by this time I've waited long enough and the panel lit up and the jacks worked. So proud as a peacock I told her it was working I guess I fixed it. She looked at me and said bless your heart you just waited long enough.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:10 PM   #2

You're bound and determined to fix stuff until it doesn't work any more. How's that go? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Dunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:33 PM   #3

"Everything works slowly on a Newmar" that's a good one! Yet it may be true, given that the slides are slow and the jacks are very very slow. Doesn't stop us from loving it to death tho. I'm guessing your jack warning buzzer was'nt working --- just the warning light?
Old 06-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tyka - yupp, I guess the original owner couldn't stand it and unplugged it. I don't have any problem with that so it stays unplugged.
NHSO
harleychief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 03:26 AM   #5

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
On my Dolphin everything works real fast---except me, I got over it.
njs42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #6

I know of some OTC meds that will get you to move... real fast.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well after reading # 1,2 and three I feel relieved that I haven't been the only one with the same mishaps.
Speaking of mishaps as you get older and open up for a new season of camping you tend to forget about what you have learned the previous year of camping, some of us haven't seen coach for 6 months.
I have seen older campers forget to remove the power cord and even the water hose when pulling out from site. Does wonders for campground pedestal some snap off at ground level and with the hose attached will pull faucet off hose and drop water pressure throughout the campground.
I never did that but have pull 18 gage power cord from house when leaving.
SO JUST REMEMBER while your young write all this information down in these threads and add to your check list for when you do get older.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #8

When I went to get my new tires, the installer asked what the 10' cord was that I was dragging. It was the umbilical cord for my BatteryMinder.