Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #1

OK Newmar experts (+)

This Tiffin owner is headed to the dealer on Thursday to see a 2016 Mountain Aire in person, kick the tires, drive it and possibly sign. It has a Spartan chassis. My previous two diesels were on Freightliner, so I am not sure what I am getting into. It has the 12.5 KW generator as an option, which I believe may be standard in the 2017. It has the two Girard Nova awnings, which is a must for us. It has the two recliners opposite the televator, which is also a must for us. Coach is "optioned out" as it has a $598,000 list. What are the things I need to be especially aware of when we go through this coach?
glenspence is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi glenspence,
Welcome to the Newmar Owners Forum. The MADP is a fine coach with no chronic disappointments. Check out the escape door in back of the toilet. It is a door that can be opened from the inside only (as many times as you want). People can actually escape from this door. Weights are good and so aren't the features. One should be able to get 30% minimum from the MSRP because it is year end closeout. Looks like you have a trade so the numbers might get fuzzy. The MADP is a very nice coach. For me, Spartan or Freightliner I do not get excited about either one. Chassis is a chassis. With Comfort Drive it is a mute point. If you are in Nappanee for service Spartan factory service is 138 miles north of Newmar. And Coach Care is in Elkhart. One could make the rounds are get the annual service work done.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:14 PM   #3

No pictures...It's not happening!

Tags
newmar