Originally Posted by Rd1
This is a helpful discussion,, thanks.
I tried flyboy's recommendation and the temp1(outside temp sensor) reads about 29k *Ω* which is about 36F and temp2 (bathroom) reads about 12k*Ω* which is about 69F. Both are correct. These numbers change as temps change. This seems to suggest they are functioning as designed. Just the original config file on the circuit board may be corrupted.
I found the attached Silverleaf tech ref. Not sure if I got that from Art or perhaps from someone else here on the forum. Hope fully helps others. The description on OmniScope (pg 24) suggests the default scripts can be reloaded using this tool.
After further discussions with SL, I understand they are not on the hardware design team, so they do not know if the processor (on tm250, others) contains only the program instructions and / or the memory for the default configurations. If the processor has both and is damaged, then presumably it can not be reloaded. And the processor must be replaced, which they can no longer do. You can send them the tm250 for a $60 diagnostic, if they can't fix it, you need to have it replaced. Tm250 is now ~$370. Omni ~$440.
The load status screen indicating 'Forced' load setting suggests there is damage to the original setting on the tm250 as well. However, they seem to function as well. This 'seems' to suggest a corrupted setting due to surcharge.
I can only presume these are just the result of a corrupted eproms and should recover with a reload. Proof will be in the pudding. Should have the omni by next week. It has been a few decades since I've looked at things at the harware level. Hope I can dust up the ol' brain.
As for the 'Dual Phase Capacity', the setting 'appears' to be variable. I've tried different numbers and it does not seem to make any difference.
I had posted previously about my AC issues, I had several discussions with Art and Newmar to pinpoint the issue. Art suggested replacing the charge bridge, and several test to help pinpoint the issue, I even swapped the Tm 250 with no help. Art suggested finding someone with a omniscope would help, I even tried to buy one but they didn't have any as they were changing design. I checked thermistor resistance and verified the ohm readings, bypassed silver leaf and thermistors by plugging a 10 button Dometic thermostat into the system and verified the Temp to the AC was correct while the Silverleaf was indicating 50 degrees in a 100 degrees space. Found local dealer with omniscope and with help of Art found nothing wrong and Art was baffled.
Long story short I took it to a dealer and left for 6 weeks where he parked it inside the shop and he worked on it when it was not properly working. Testing every leg of the process until he found a communications connecter in the AC duct, installed to aid in construction of the coach, had corroded and would intermittently provide a bad signal to the silverleaf. He removed the connector on both units and everything appeared correct for a few days until it started to mess up again, only this time the indoor temp faulted to 32 degrees. After a bunch of phone calls he finally found domestic had a batch of freeze sensors that plugged into the AC that were bad, so 2 new sensors fixed that.
This issue had been ongoing for a long time and it had been well documented with Newmar and Newmar had tech reps reaching out to help. So to my surprise after my dealer intervened on my behalf, Newmar stepped up and paid for the repair.