Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2018, 10:59 AM   #1

Onan settings

Does anyone know how to adjust the major settings on my gen such as run time , temperature settings , low voltage etc. etc. . All I can find in my eplex is the quiet time settings . 2008 Essex .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckergump View Post
Does anyone know how to adjust the major settings on my gen such as run time , temperature settings , low voltage etc. etc. . All I can find in my eplex is the quiet time settings . 2008 Essex .
Front screen has the setup for quiet time. There is a button for the setup. Front and bedroom screen sets the battery voltage and set the air conditioner temperature at both screens. Then tun the auto generator on and off as needed. It is a really to easy setup and use.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:48 PM   #3

I have not seen any button for the ac or voltage settings just the quiet time
Old 11-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
The settings are the same way normally you use the ac. I will have the check the battery settings. what is the battery voltage currently set on?
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #5

12 volts
Old 11-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #6

Also how do you set the temp control so the genny comes on to fire up a.c. at a certain temperature
Old 11-19-2018, 08:55 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My coach is a 2014 newer that yours but not as high up the food chain. I dont think you have the Silver Leaf system. That being said ours does and even though it does we can’t set a temp where the genset will start up to run the A/C. In newer versions of the Silver Leaf you may be able to do this, but I’m not sure. What I found you could do is set the value at which the genset would come to charge the batteries. In other words, if the power at the pedestal failed, you would loose your A/C but devises such as the fridge would continue to run via the inverter. This would put a drain on the battery bank and when the voltage of the batteries drops below your set value triggering the genset to start. Once this occurs the A/C units will restart. Newer versions of the Silver Leaf may have a more direct method to accomplish this.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:18 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Also how do you set the temp control so the genny comes on to fire up a.c. at a certain temperature
You have to have AGS installed in your Coach.
I went back to Newmar and had it installed. I manage it at the same remote panel for charger/inverter by Magnum. Not only can I do temperature but can do battery state of charge and have generator come on as well.
Newmar and Magnum were very helpful in getting the capability. About $1500.00 for me, that is, if you do not have it already.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Here's how that function works with an Eplex equipped coach:

Simply set the desired temperature using the Eplex panel the same way you would if you were on shore power. Then, using the Eplex panel, turn the AGS function on.
Now, if there is no shore power present and the temp inside the coach exceeds the set point, the generator will start and after a short delay the air conditioner will come on. The generator will continue to run until the temperature inside the coach reaches the set point. Then, the air conditioner will cycle off and the generator will shut down.

To manage your battery settings, press and hold the "Preferences" button on the Eplex panel. Then you can scroll through the screens and view or make adjustments to your settings.
Road Hawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
onan