Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2022, 03:50 PM   #43

Ken, how has the Cherokee performed for you? I'm buying a '19 Trailhawk in the morning.
Giapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2022, 03:55 PM   #44

I use tsd. But i use everybody else to. Whomever is cheapest. Just depends.
Designate a checking account specifically for their use.
Marty1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:11 PM   #45

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
There are no cons. None.
Only con I know of is there are not enough participating stations!!!!! We need more stations in the program!
Patyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:39 PM   #46

i found some info
heather67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:47 PM   #47

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilitydog View Post
I apologize if this has been discussed on the forum but.........I received an email from FMCA regarding signing up for Open Road Fuel Discount Program, for diesel fuel. Would folks be able to cite pros/cons re: this program? In review of the info I found there seem to be pros and cons. In January '23 we will be back on the road and as we all know fuel isn't cheap. I am looking at any advantage to continue to be on the road, especially since being on a "fixed" income. Thank you in advance.

John/Mo and the 2 Schnauzers & 2 Miniature Dachshund
2020 Ventana 4037
'19 Jeep Cherokee

Do it. TSD with Open Roads is great. replaces the old FMCA program
KingCruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:54 PM   #48

Currently use TSD and MudFlap. I go for the best prices.
Allways have a special account setup for fuel purchases.
rescudiver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:03 PM   #49

Open Roads

Open Roads is a great program. Easy to use and normally easy access. Don’t have to contend with cars & pick up trucks. Since OP debits a bank account you designate, we set up a separate bank account specifically for Open Roads. We want to limit auto drafts on our regular checking account and give us an additional layer of fraud protection
RedCatcher46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 07:07 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescudiver1 View Post
Currently use TSD and MudFlap. I go for the best prices.
Allways have a special account setup for fuel purchases.
I do the same and agree "We need more stations"
Old 11-24-2022, 11:55 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather67 View Post
I am Canadian and tried applying. I needed a US address. How do you get around that?
Your Best Address in S. Dakota

https://yourbestaddress.com/
Marty1096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:01 AM   #52

Working well for us ghe past 1 1/2 years. Discount is fine and also the quick in and out of the fueling bay, especially if there are truckers waiting to fuel.
jimnlo1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:02 AM   #53

Open roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCatcher46 View Post
Open Roads is a great program. Easy to use and normally easy access. Don’t have to contend with cars & pick up trucks. Since OP debits a bank account you designate, we set up a separate bank account specifically for Open Roads. We want to limit auto drafts on our regular checking account and give us an additional layer of fraud protection
Thanks for this tip. We just joined Open Roads. Great idea.
Giapk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 06:00 AM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
Set up a separate checking account and have it drawn from it. That's what we did and just monitor it and add money when needed. You don't need to keep a lot of money in it just enough to pay for your fuel. 👍👍
Old 11-25-2022, 07:22 AM   #55

Open Road - Home Heating oil

We have been using the open roads program for several years. Having spent 30 plus years in Logistics most of it working with and eventually managing a private fleet of tractor trailers pulling refrigerated trailers the decision was easy. No magic, Open Roads offers RV's access to thier own fleets negotiated diesel pricing system. Fleets negotiating volume pricing has been around for decades. The improvement in automation at the pump has made offing the program to RV's possible and the improvements over the few years (5) we have been using Open Roads have made the process even easier.
My next step will be to figure out how I can purchase my home heating fuel using the card. Even the road diesel discounted price is better than the price we are paying for home heating oil.
I bet the 'REFFER' fuel option on the truck pumps would give me fuel pricing without the road taxes and incorporate the discount.
DONT TRY this for your over the road fuel, it's not legal, the road fuel has dye in it to identify it as having road taxes paid and thier are heavy fines for using 'offroad' undyed, untaxed fuel for road use.

Benefits to Open Roads? They have more gallons of diesel to use when negotiating the rate for the fuel they use for thier fleet. The fees they charge us probably only beryl cover the administrative cost of offering the progrram.
craigbenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 04:18 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather67 View Post
I am Canadian and tried applying. I needed a US address. How do you get around that?

You cannot without lying….which would not suggest….good luck
Clemson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel