Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2023, 06:46 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
We stopped there ( N Ft. Myers ) last week and had the same pricing.... much better than it was a month or so prior. I've found Love's locations to be much cleaner than TA so this is a welcome change.
Agree on the cleanliness. I still like TA but they could spiff up the area. Probably depends a lot on the location and management.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-30-2023, 07:12 AM   #30

Stopped at Loves on I90 east of Albany, NY yesterday on my way to Boston
Saved 1.11 per gallon. The most ever from Loves.
$3.37 a gallon. Vs $4.48 pump.
83 gallons = $84 savings.
The place was packed with cars and trucks.
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 08:34 AM   #31

I’m planning to fill up at the Love’s in Great Falls, Montana later this morning. I just checked the Open Roads app and they’re offering a 10¢ per gallon discount from $4.09 to $3.99. It’s certainly better than no discount at all, but I was hoping for something more.
Old 05-31-2023, 06:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C. View Post
I’m planning to fill up at the Love’s in Great Falls, Montana later this morning. I just checked the Open Roads app and they’re offering a 10¢ per gallon discount from $4.09 to $3.99. It’s certainly better than no discount at all, but I was hoping for something more.
Just for my information, I noticed on the Open Roads app that even TA was only offering a small discount of about a dime in Montana. Have a safe trip.
Country Road is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:07 PM   #33

Due to several issues I had in the last week, I just got off the phone with TSD Open Roads and was told by the very nice young lady that Pilot and Flying J are currently blocked due to "too many fraud issues" (her words , not mine). I had a denial of service at the pump at a Loves in Oklahoma as well as the previous 2 and she told me that particular Loves was also "currently blocked due to too many fraud issues". She said the app is supposed to be kept up to date and a "no longer accepting their card" status will result in a particular station being removed from the app but some slip through until one of us notifies them and they update their database. I honestly had stopped using the app and just pulled off at the most convenient Pilot, Flying J, TA, or Loves on our route when I needed fuel. I will go back to using the app now to cut down on the number of no service allowed issues. She did also say Loves discounts can vary by location. I assume that would apply to other chains as well but didn't follow up with that question. Your mileage may vary on this, just reporting my recent (this Memorial Day weekend) experiences with the EFS card.
Old 06-04-2023, 11:21 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Love's discounts are now very good. I filled up on my way home from Red Bay in Holly Springs MS Friday. Posted price was 3.999. Discounted price per app was 2.985. Thats just over a buck a gallon! Think of it as a 25% discount. Thats huge in my book.
jt
JT, Em & the boys, Kong & Baxter (rescued grey tabbies)
harleyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:20 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Use Both

I normally check both Mudflap and Openroads. For me I purchase based upon the lowest net cost. A 1.00 per gallon discount might still be higher than another station. The other downside to high discounts with openroads is we have to give back a portion of the discount when it’s settled

Both are great options and it sure beats paying the listed prices at the pump
SpursMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 08:35 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursMVP View Post
I normally check both Mudflap and Openroads. For me I purchase based upon the lowest net cost. A 1.00 per gallon discount might still be higher than another station. The other downside to high discounts with openroads is we have to give back a portion of the discount when it’s settled

Both are great options and it sure beats paying the listed prices at the pump
I agree. A lot of people here or on facebook talk about their savings, but it's really just an inflated number since these are from the stations that have the highest posted prices, and often higher by a LOT. It's true in many cases that you can save from the lowest price in the area and that there is also a benefit of filling at a facility that is designed for big rigs with room to maneuver, but I see so many inflated "savings" declarations that are just not factual.
Old 06-06-2023, 12:52 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Lebowski View Post
I agree. A lot of people here or on facebook talk about their savings, but it's really just an inflated number since these are from the stations that have the highest posted prices, and often higher by a LOT. It's true in many cases that you can save from the lowest price in the area and that there is also a benefit of filling at a facility that is designed for big rigs with room to maneuver, but I see so many inflated "savings" declarations that are just not factual.
Spot on, I recently filled up and the Love's was @$4.249 at the pump and $3.699 with the discount.

Across the street pump price was $3.75. So I bought 81 gallons at $3.75.

Just saying!
Old 06-06-2023, 03:01 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Speaking for myself the "savings" will be factual. Due to our coach size and always towing a pickup I have only fueled at Love's, Flying Js or the Florida Turnpike. Been paying those inflated prices for the comfort of knowing I can get in and out and also pump DEF. Just got my card last week and looking forward to my big savings on a 2,000 mile trip the end of June.
RVStitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:45 AM   #39

Quote:
Depends how you look at it. While there are plenty of smaller stations I could get into (I do in my home town), I almost exclusively use Loves, Pilot, etc., when traveling, because I know I can get in and out without a problem and pay at the pump. So, since I am going to a Loves, for instance, anyway, then it is real savings, because otherwise I would be paying the inflated price.

For those that are willing to avoid the big truck stops in order to always get the cheapest fuel, then you are right, the net price is often about the same, or higher, then the cheapest fuel stop available.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote