Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #1

Options

Hi,

I'm new here, so please forward me in the right direction if need be.

DH and I are in the planning stages of our full time RV life....but are certain we want a Newmar. Working on the budget, I'm trying to figure out costs of options and what exactly those options consist of. I've downloaded the order sheets (thank you very much!) but am unclear on what some of the options are, exactly, and would like to know if there is a link somewhere that explains them better and perhaps even includes a picture. For instance, there are so many dinette options and I'm not sure what some of the differences are. I know the difference between a stand alone with chairs and a booth dinette, but there are table options, combinations, etc. that I don't fully understand. DH wants the sofa across from the TV to have an air bed....is that standard, because I don't see an option. (The sofa under the bedroom bed seems pricey at over $5k).

Also, in reading the company brochures on each line (Dutch Star and Ventana), it says that single pane frameless windows are standard, yet I don't see a price for double pane windows, tho the brochure says it's an option. Solar panel for chassis battery is listed as standard in the DS brochure, yet solar wiring is listed as an option. Confusing, or I'm just plain dumb.

We want a desk area as we may be working from the coach part time. The dinette will probably be of great importance to us, so I want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers,
Linda
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGirl View Post
Hi,

I'm new here, so please forward me in the right direction if need be.

DH and I are in the planning stages of our full time RV life....but are certain we want a Newmar. Working on the budget, I'm trying to figure out costs of options and what exactly those options consist of. I've downloaded the order sheets (thank you very much!) but am unclear on what some of the options are, exactly, and would like to know if there is a link somewhere that explains them better and perhaps even includes a picture. For instance, there are so many dinette options and I'm not sure what some of the differences are. I know the difference between a stand alone with chairs and a booth dinette, but there are table options, combinations, etc. that I don't fully understand. DH wants the sofa across from the TV to have an air bed....is that standard, because I don't see an option. (The sofa under the bedroom bed seems pricey at over $5k).

Also, in reading the company brochures on each line (Dutch Star and Ventana), it says that single pane frameless windows are standard, yet I don't see a price for double pane windows, tho the brochure says it's an option. Solar panel for chassis battery is listed as standard in the DS brochure, yet solar wiring is listed as an option. Confusing, or I'm just plain dumb.

We want a desk area as we may be working from the coach part time. The dinette will probably be of great importance to us, so I want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers,
Linda
Linda,

You may want to post this in a brand new thread so it catches more eyes. Anyone not looking to order may not read this thread.

I know what you mean on the dinette options and have been wondering on a couple myself. I am going to an RV show next month and planned to ask the Newmar reps there.
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I've move the posts to a separate thread.

Lori-
There is great need for a sarcasm font.
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
I've move the posts to a separate thread.

Lori-
Thanks Lori!
Orangepeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 11:22 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Hi ChiGirl,
I think you are at a point where a call to Newmar is the correct next step. Ask for the manager responsible for the brand you are interested in. Consider getting the email address of the person who can answer your questions and using email to obtain the information you need. While your questions can be answered on iRV2, getting the answer from the manufacturer may be the best way to go.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 06:18 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum and irv2.
In this link in QT's # 3 are threads at the top of people deciding what they were going to order.
Below them are threads of the Hoot group and how they ordered, discussions of options, people they contacted at Newmar for coach design, colors, cabinets and special options they wanted and many pictures.
In the NEWMAR CORP sticky above you will find info and price lists of options for different models in Newmar lineup.
THE small solar panel is only for chassis batteries so peripheral loads do not discharge the battery. If you wanted to place larger solar panels on roof that is wiring option for them.
Years ago coach would come with single pane windows with the option for duel pane ,all coach's now are duel pane, you would not want anything else because of better cooling and heating and cuts down on outside sounds.
Bedroom bed folds into sofa configuration for more room in bedroom, good room for children to play but not to comfortable some people have said.
Here is one of the people to contact at Newmar to set up your coach and will answer your questions.
In my signature below are links to many items you will find in Newmar coach's.
Good luck in your search.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #7

Our dinette is the desk with roll away table, works perfect for us. Table when we want one, nothing sticking into the room the rest of the time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7053.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	73660

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7054.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	73661

I can't help with the spare bed.

The solar prep is for adding large solar panels, for your house batteries. The little solar panel on the roof is a trickle charger for the chassis batteries. It won't produce enough power to run the dash radio, let alone charge a dead battery. It just keeps batteries from static discharging.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:11 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Linda, what part of the country do you live in? Hershey PA is having a really HUGE RV show this weekend if you are near. Newmar is there with 20+ rigs and lots of people to talk to.

In the middle of January in the Tampa (FL) Super Show. Again Newmar will be there with lots of motorhomes for you to see.

Or, there is a small town in Indiana called Nappanee where all Newmars are created. If that is convenient, they will be glad to help you learn everything you want to know.

The point here there are many opportunities to begin the learning process, besides this AWESOME forum.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:28 AM   #9

I read a thread recently of owners of coach's with the frameless windows. They weren't speaking very highly of them because of how little cross ventilation they provide. They look nice but aren't very practicle.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:51 PM   #10

X2 on PDRJohns dinette. In our current coach we have a café booth with sofa seating. It has proved to be less than practical for our needs. We are having this retrofit at the end of October to the same style as John's
spinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 12:11 AM   #11

I would agree on the frameless windows, I was having some warranty stuff done today and was looking at the 2015 model of my MH. It had the frameless windows which looked really nice on the outside but only the bottom portion opens. I like the framed windows as they provide for more airflow. I would go and personally look at the options if you can. Newmar builds a great MH and uses quality couches/bed /cabinets/furniture ect. Most of the upgrades we did had to do with either mechanical or electrical stuff. Wired for another solar panel, bigger chassis , heat pumps, hi def tv cables, central vac, MCD shades ect. I found some of the upgrades things we didn't want like the frameless windows.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #12

Wish we lived closer to Nappanee but we are in Arkansas. Perhaps we will be able to schedule a trip next spring or summer. Tampa might be an option too.

Thanks for the info and pictures everyone! I'm very excited about our future!
Old 09-21-2014, 07:47 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Linda

Glad to have you here with us.

Calling Newmar will get you a lot of info on what their options are.

Going to either Napannee or to an RV show is s great way to see them side by side. When you consider how much you are going to spend on a new coach a trip to a show is well worth it.

Good luck with your choice, and an advance "welcome to the Newmar family".