Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2016, 09:02 AM   #1

Options, Options and More Options!!

I am looking at the Dutch Star and Ventana 2017 brochures. They each have about 40 gazillion options. But I can't find any description or pictures of the options listed to decide whether or not it is something to consider. Is there any documents that describe or show what these options are and why you might want them?

Thanks,

Ian
ianschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:20 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
I feel your pain. I went through the same process and I guess that's what salesmen are for, although they are at a loss many times too. Just trust your judgement, how bad can you mess up on a new coach? All the add ons just make it better
If there's something that is truly puzzling, I'm sure all of us are happy to help. Ask away...
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianschneider View Post
I am looking at the Dutch Star and Ventana 2017 brochures. They each have about 40 gazillion options. But I can't find any description or pictures of the options listed to decide whether or not it is something to consider. Is there any documents that describe or show what these options are and why you might want them?

Thanks,

Ian
Ian, You might wish also to weigh any off-sets that may come with some option choices. Here's an example of some of those trade-offs. RVs, Motorhomes, campers with popular trends and options

Additionally, a different, yet effective method of option picking may be the following. Price your selected rig with all the options available with the costs beside each option. Now start to reduce the purchase cost by eliminating the options you think you can live without. This may help you deal with a $500 add-on. It may seem like a lot of money, but, when added to the overall cost, it may really not be that great.

Good luck in your decision.

Peter
Old 10-16-2016, 07:04 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You could try and use the COM_NET LINK to explain what some of the items are for and what they may do for you.
Here is a link to explain the network and where you will find them on page.
You can access a Brochure and Owners Guide and the new ones do have a lot in them compared to back years.
We have 2017 owners to help also.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:25 PM   #5
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
If you can, take a trip to the factory and sit down with the design center. Wish I had.

Mark and Louene Hetrick
Newbee the last 3725
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:29 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you haven't looked here is a link for who to talk to for any option or special build you may want.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianschneider View Post

Thanks,

Ian
You are correct that there is no documentation for these options. Newmar assumes you know all about motorhomes and what you want in a new one. A dealer may be able to help or make a trip to the factory and talk to Michelle as most of us have. It gets even more complicated when you want something that isn't on the option list and you need Newmar to give you a price for doing this. Again Michelle is the one to talk to. But you can always ask here in the meantime.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:07 AM   #8

I had the same experience but took my time and went to several of the bigger shows, Tampa 3 times, Hersey, and found that most of the coaches at these shows are loaded, so you could see and feel them. We are waiting on delivery of our DS 4018 and decided that we would load up on options as we are retired and plan on spending 4-6 mo/yr traveling. If you drive both coaches you will notice a big difference. Ask a lot of questions but don't trust every sales guy, I found my knowledge was more extensive than most of them and the folks on here have the most. Good luck
67vette is offline   Reply With Quote