Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2009, 09:01 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
I needed a lens for one of my florescent lights and called Newmar parts. They were right on the ball but the price was 3x over what I got for online. Newmar wanted $21 plus S/H and I got it for $8.50 plus S/H. Go figure.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #16

Phone Message

Anyone else having trouble getting through to Newmar Parts ??? I've been trying for 2 days and keep getting "All circuits are busy, try again later"
Old 07-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Parts Direct frm. Newmar??

Hi Newmar Guys:

Say, do I understand that owners of Newmar coaches CAN order parts DIRECT from Nappanee?

Our 08 Essex needs to have lower crankout 1/2 of commode closet window replaced as current part is all fogged over. Must have lost seal, we guess. We just left Nappanee June 19th-ish after getting final warranty stuff taken care of (Warranty expires this upcoming August!!) HOWEVER, we failed to notice while in the shop, or perhaps it occured after we departed, that this crankout part of our commode room window is all fogged over!!! We'd sure like to have it replaced under warranty.

So, for you guys who know, 1. Can I order this part?; 2. is it something that isn't too hard to install or should I have a Newmar service provider to it?; 3. do I send pics to Newmar when ordering to confirm defect (ie. fogged condition of window)?; 4. will it be covered under warranty if I order it direct to me so I have it when I can get in to a Newmar Service place or do I have to have that Service place do the ordering in order for warranty to cover?

Thanks for any advice. Steve
Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #18
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would say yes to all but they may replace the whole window and a good dealer would have to order for you.
I would have it looked at before your Warranty expires.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #19

Commercial Member

I'm glad Newmar will sell direct, as many customers don't have a dealer close by to diagnose their problem and order parts. Something to consider is that you probably won't save any money purchasing direct. Newmar doesn't want to anger dealers by underselling them and I suspect that Newmar would rather have the dealers handle the problems associated with the customer misdiagnosis that occurs at times. That's why you will pay "full sticker" when ordering from any manufacturer selling direct.

Just this week I had a 09 MADP customer from Vermont call me about getting a compartment door that he had damaged. He said he called the factory and was told they would ship it to him for $734.18, unpainted. He wanted to know if I could save him any money as every little bit helps! Being new to the Newmar selling direct thing, I told him I would try. I got with my parts manager and was told our regular price was $651. We had Newmar drop-ship it direct to his body shop.

We have drop-shipped parts all over the country for years. Any dealer can do this if they want to take the time. You have to get ALL the information by asking a lot of questions, in order to get them the CORRECT part. It's not that easy, but you do it to take care of customers. They are your customers whether they bought their coach from you or not. Besides being the right thing to do, you do make money at it, too!

Lee Litchfield
http://www.leesrv.com
Old 08-21-2009, 01:20 AM   #20
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks Lee for that information will come in handy for many of us.
Your link for Newmar construction is excellent also goes into much more detail than their own web site.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:25 PM   #21

Commercial Member

I'm glad Newmar has decided to sell parts direct. Anything to help customers get their units repaired quickly. It's obviously more convenient for some customers to be able to call Newmar and get them to ship the part to them. They usually have knowledgeable people to help.

The only downside I see is that it will usually cost a customer more money than buying from a dealer. Dealers can charge whatever they want, but most will charge less if they want to do any volume. Newmar does not want to anger dealers by underselling them, so they definitely have them priced in the upper tier. I think Newmar would just a soon have the dealers sell the parts, as there is risk in selling parts that are ordered as a result of a customer misdiagnosis. However, it's definitely a profit center for Newmar, and every manufacturer is looking for new avenues to make a profit.

There are many excellent Newmar dealers who will ask a lot of questions to get the information needed to get the correct part. Sadly, there are some who don't. Many customers don't know that they can have any Newmar dealer drop-ship them a part. It doesn't matter how far away the dealer is, Newmar will ship the part direct to the customer and bill the dealer. It doesn't need to be shipped to the dealer and then the dealer ships to the customer.

We've drop-shipped parts all over the country for years. Just this week a customer called me direct from Vermont to ask me if I could get him a better price on a compartment door he had damaged. He had called Newmar and they quoted him $734.18. I checked with my parts manager and he looked it up. Our regular price was $651, so we ordered it from Newmar and had them ship it direct to the address of the body shop in Vermont for painting.

The key is to have someone on the other end of the line who knows what they are talking about. If they don't ask you a lot of questions, there's a risk you'll get the wrong part. Newmar is good at asking the right questions as are most Newmar dealers.

Lee Litchfield
http://www.leesrv.com
Old 08-21-2009, 11:40 PM   #22

Commercial Member

Sorry about the double post on the same subject. I haven't mastered how to navigate this site, I guess. I couldn't find my post from last night when I went to the Newmar parts thread. I figured I did something wrong and decided to repost tonight. I was sure I did everything right, but still couldn't find the second post either. I finally clicked on it and found both posts! I see now that I just didn't go to the second page of the thread.

Lee
Old 08-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #23
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lee,There is a time out of editing a post of 60 minutes also so need to have every thing together when posting. Come back second day can not edit.
The top threads are fixed Topics will always be at head of forum page, but will scroll if post added to them, the ones with out the pin will scroll down the page unless I or someone else deems it important to stay.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #24

Order Newmar Parts

Lee,

You definitely hit the nail on the head with that one. I was glad to see Newmar took the high road in relation to pricing their parts. Hopefully this will drive the customers back to the dealers. Once the rv industry picks up steam again, I would doubt if the manufacturer's will want to keep dealing with the retail customers. Time will tell. Service and knowledge is key to dealing with customers. I tried to put myself in their shoes when I was "mentioning store policy". I was taken advantage of sometimes by the customers- but generally most of them were more than happy when I handed them a small consumable part ie. special head screws, a bottle of touch-up paint, a exploded view of their dilema or even testing their circuit boards for free. Its the personal touch that keeps the dealers in business.

Parts Manager
Partsmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #25
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well said Brian, some owners though have been burned by dealers on parts and are willing to pay more going directly to Newmar. If we had dealers with Parts Managers as yourself there wouldn't be a problem.
Old 08-26-2009, 05:42 AM   #26

Newmar Parts

Tis true.. Dealers all should remember one thing- This is a recreational hobby- people do not need their RV-- they want it. If the dealers and industry makes it too troublesome the customers will either seek out a hobby that is less troublesome or not spend their money at all. During the high times, alot of dealers pushed aside the customers for parts because they had new units to sell. Times become difficult and then these same dealers are looking for these customers to purchase parts from them and viola.. they have found a dealer that appreciated their business. Its 10 times easier keeping your customer than getting a new one or getting an old one back. Same goes for service customers- times were good and getting an appt for service is 6 weeks because all the dealer's people are prepping new or used units. Now times are tough and those same dealers are clamoring for the service customers to come back to them and they've found better service elsewhere.

Ahhh... the life in the rv industry what fun!

Parts Manager
Partsmgr is offline   Reply With Quote