Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2020, 12:44 PM   #1

Ordered 2020 Kountry Star DP, what can I expect during the build process?

We have recently retired and are the owners of a Fleetwood class A gasser for the last 12 years. In early December we ordered a 2020 Kountry Star 3709 DP. This is our first time placing an order for a motorhome.

Our dealer has confirmed the order was accepted and put in line at Newmar. Newmar was told we do not need the coach until late March (hoping that is around the time the weather warms up). He says he receives updates on orders every Monday and in time ours will show with an assigned date. The Order has our names on it and he will get the reports as such. He says not to expect a VIN until mid February.

My question is for any members who have ordered a Newmar within the last few years. Would just like to confirm what we have been told and to learn what we might expect during the build process?

We are patiently waiting but curious; will we receive communications from Newmar in addition to what our dealer provides us? If so, what and when?

This is my first post but I have browsed this site many times over the years. Thanks for all the insight I have gained over the years and thanks in advance for helping us with this one.

Any information shared is greatly appreciated.
NascarMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2020, 12:01 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We ordered a CS 3719 in Oct of 2018, with a factory pick up end of March 2019. We did a special order on paint, so our initial communications were mostly locking down the final paint choices. We received conformation of the order, and then toward the end of 2018 a package around the details of the Factory Pick Up. Really not much after that till I received information from the dealer that the coach was on the line. I started emailing Michelle at the factory to get build pictures and she provided a contact person to help with getting those. They were adhoc, when they had time photos. Some with the coach mid build, others once the coach was finished and waiting pick up. Dealer got active when it was time for money to flow, but before that I had to drive the information exchange.

Congrats on your retirement (jealous!!) and your new coach. Best of luck, see you around the campfire.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 05:44 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi NascarMark,
Consider getting the date the coach will arrive in the chassis and assembly building. Then go to Nappenee and take the tour, morning and afternoon. You will see your coach being built! A week of your time will be remembered for a lifetime. The morning tour will take you through the chassis shop. Tell the tour lady you are the buyer of coach XXXX. Take your camera and take all the pictures you want.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:35 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
We just had a Ventana 4362 built, currently being held in Nappanee for a 2/3 FPU. Once we were slotted into the schedule we got dates from our dealer for when production started, when we would be on the main assembly line and when the coach would be completed. As GaryKD said, if you are in the area go out and watch it being built. Depending on build date you might miss it with the tours shutting down for part of the winter. With the expanded tour you now see the chassis shop, paint area and service area. The staff was very accommodating. We sent in a family picture. they hung it in the coach and everyone working on it signed it. When going through the production area we were allowed on the coach to take pictures, write messages and sign the inside. We were able to catch 2 days of production. Watching the build process we found a few dozen more reasons we always want a Newmar.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarMark View Post
We have recently retired and are the owners of a Fleetwood class A gasser for the last 12 years. In early December we ordered a 2020 Kountry Star 3709 DP. This is our first time placing an order for a motorhome.

Our dealer has confirmed the order was accepted and put in line at Newmar. Newmar was told we do not need the coach until late March (hoping that is around the time the weather warms up). He says he receives updates on orders every Monday and in time ours will show with an assigned date. The Order has our names on it and he will get the reports as such. He says not to expect a VIN until mid February.

My question is for any members who have ordered a Newmar within the last few years. Would just like to confirm what we have been told and to learn what we might expect during the build process?

We are patiently waiting but curious; will we receive communications from Newmar in addition to what our dealer provides us? If so, what and when?

This is my first post but I have browsed this site many times over the years. Thanks for all the insight I have gained over the years and thanks in advance for helping us with this one.

Any information shared is greatly appreciated.
I'm not a Newmar owner - But - Seriously looked at them when we had our Coach Built.

Have you been to the Factory - I'd suggest you take the time and Go - Learn from them - Take the Factory tour - See what you forgot - See if you might want to add a few things - Learn the secrets by watching and Asking, IMHO you will not regret it.

Again in my case, many years ago now, I visited Four Factories before I ordered my Coach (Newmar was one, but would not agree to all the custom changes I wanted) Learned much then Decided on and Added many Personal Changes to the Build, it was worth the effort.

Once they set your build date I'd revisit with a Camera to Chronicle the Build - You will be surprised how valuable those images will be. Not only will you see yours built but you will understand so much more on the Hows and Whys as they put it together.

Hope this helps, Best of Luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #6

Thanks for your responses. We had already added a couple of options which were 'special' build and we had considered customizing the paint colors. After my initial post here and it's responses, we decided to follow up on paint changes - but only flipping the original colors.

Newmar agreed to make the paint changes for what appears to be a reasonable price and we are currently waiting on an engineering picture so we can verify our color selection. Thought we would have that by now so I have been holding off updating this post.

Once the paint is agreed to, we are also going to inquire about visiting the factory to possibly view part of the build process. I am told the coach has not yet been assigned a VIN.

Again, thanks for the feedback!
NascarMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarMark View Post
Thanks for your responses. We had already added a couple of options which were 'special' build and we had considered customizing the paint colors. After my initial post here and it's responses, we decided to follow up on paint changes - but only flipping the original colors.

Newmar agreed to make the paint changes for what appears to be a reasonable price and we are currently waiting on an engineering picture so we can verify our color selection. Thought we would have that by now so I have been holding off updating this post.

Once the paint is agreed to, we are also going to inquire about visiting the factory to possibly view part of the build process. I am told the coach has not yet been assigned a VIN.

Again, thanks for the feedback!
Seriously consider the trip before finalizing the Order - IMHO there is no better time spent in this entire process than a visit to the Factory, I Cannot Emphasize this Too Much.

I made the drive 6-8+ times before I had my Coach Built - and each drive was 667 Miles, in the entire process including the later use of the Coach there was no Better time spent in the Decision.

This post may help along with the fact that Whiskey has one on order for February. - http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/how-...-407961-3.html

Sorry, IMHO this is a lot of Money to not dedicate the proper amount of research to the Decision. JMHO.

Best of Luck,
Old 01-28-2020, 06:20 PM   #8

Aaaahh Bus skipper is a sage with his advise!

I went from total newb not knowing anything about RVs, at all, to placing what I considered a well thought out and researched order for our 2020 DS in November with NIRVC Atlanta, for a February delivery. As of now were looking at a February 13th arrival in Atlanta, then they are doing a good bit of aftermarket work on it for a week or so, water softener, deionizer, pressure washer, bidet, ToGo system and a few other things. Needless to say this time of year no tours or wed be up there. They did ask for a picture of us for everyone to sign, so well see. NIRVC Atlanta has been outstanding so far, Tony Morse our salesman and Ashley Breaux the service coordinator, immediately, same day or 24 hours later even on weekends, answer questions or concerns. If it wasnt for the outstanding reputation of NIRVC would have absolutely done the highly recommended FPU.

I researched for a good year and a half with bus skipper and a few of the Newmar owners being a huge help. The hardest part is waiting especially the last month. One thing that we found helpful is we joined Newmars Kountry Klub. Lots of owners with lots of practical advise on what to expect upon delivery.

Good luck.
F150 Stealth XL by Rocky Ridge Trucks.
WhiskeySierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySierra View Post
Aaaahh Bus skipper is a sage with his advise!

I went from total newb not knowing anything about RVs, at all, to placing what I considered a well thought out and researched order for our 2020 DS in November with NIRVC Atlanta, for a February delivery. As of now were looking at a February 13th arrival in Atlanta, then they are doing a good bit of aftermarket work on it for a week or so, water softener, deionizer, pressure washer, bidet, ToGo system and a few other things. Needless to say this time of year no tours or wed be up there. They did ask for a picture of us for everyone to sign, so well see. NIRVC Atlanta has been outstanding so far, Tony Morse our salesman and Ashley Breaux the service coordinator, immediately, same day or 24 hours later even on weekends, answer questions or concerns. If it wasnt for the outstanding reputation of NIRVC would have absolutely done the highly recommended FPU.

I researched for a good year and a half with bus skipper and a few of the Newmar owners being a huge help. The hardest part is waiting especially the last month. One thing that we found helpful is we joined Newmars Kountry Klub. Lots of owners with lots of practical advise on what to expect upon delivery.

Good luck.
Wolf,

Its February- delivered yet?

Would love to hear and See how its going on the delivery.

Utah is calling -

Be sure to use your camera as a way to memorialize all that goes on during the process - it will likely become a blur as you look back and 10 or so images everyday will be Priceless later.

Hope all is going well.

Best of Luck,