Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2018, 02:11 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ordering 2019 Ventana 3717

We plan to visit RVone Tampa and NIRV Atlanta soon. Does anyone have first hand experience with a sales person at either dealer who knows which end is up with a Newmar factory order w/ specials?

We visited two other Newmar dealers and the random salespeople were …. let’s just say less than stellar. Prefer not to take the luck of the draw again.

We have scheduled a meeting with Michelle at Newmar for mid-July to develop a build sheet. We plan to order a 2019 Ventana 3717 all electric with theater seating plus other options and special order stuff too. looking to order late this summer and take delivery of the 3717 late spring early summer next year.

We live in Central Florida and are looking at 5 potential dealerships relatively nearby to possibly buy from. We plan a factory pickup so we are also open to buying further a field but would rather buy closer to home if possible.

With a little leg work there is a wealth of information out there on the forum. We have read many of the best dealer and special order posts pus others. We are making our list and checking it twice.

With all that said we will make the trip to Nappanee visit meet with Michelle to see what they will let us do on special order side. Looking at different leather, some electrical and USB outlets, upgraded Microwave, different flooring, backsplash and counters.....

After we are done will send out the build sheet to different dealers and see what they $$ they come back with.

Any suggestions are welcome
Beach Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2018, 02:25 PM   #2

Call Angie at NIRVC: *(214) 392-1100‬. Text her a copy of your build sheet, she can meet you in Atlanta and will bust her tail to earn and keep your business.
Old 05-18-2018, 02:50 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
I first had a chance to test their service department and was so happy that I said when I buy another coach I'm getting it here. I bought the 2018 from her and can recommend Andrea at Dick Gore in Jacksonville. Straight shooter...
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
Call Angie at NIRVC: *(214) 392-1100‬. Text her a copy of your build sheet, she can meet you in Atlanta and will bust her tail to earn and keep your business.

+1 for Angie.
Hugh Jass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:40 PM   #5

If you go farther afield, I would definitely reach out to Doug or Dave (I've worked with Doug, others have worked with Dave) at Coachlight. Great prices. Very familiar with ordering specials and very responsive.

If you search IRV2, many members have used Coachlight for long distance purchases, as they are one of the most aggressive out there in terms of discount.

Also, while I only stopped in briefly while I was in Miami, I'm assuming you checked out North Trail as they seem to be the biggest Newmar dealer. I didn't get the biggest warm/fuzzy from the salesman I got at random, so won't throw out his name.
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #6

We visited 7 Newmar dealers here in the Southeast and solicited prices from 5 when we ordered our Canyon Star. We ended up working with Tony Morse at NIRVC in Atlanta. We were very pleased with the entire process. Their prices were very competitive, very helpful to Becky’s special order request, kept us imformed of the order status so that we could visit Newmar during our coach’s production, great pdi, stayed at their facility the first 4 nights following up with us daily. When we order our next Newmar... Ventana...we’ll no doubt start with NIRVC in Atlanta.
The 2019 Ventana 3717 looks like a great floor plan.
HWCJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
We had a great experience with Midway in MI. We tried getting a quote from NIRVC but just fell through the cracks despite several attempts. (maybe Angie was on vacation?) Midway offered a good price, outstanding delivery experience (including a week of free on-site "camping"), and careful follow-up months later. Our salesman, Kyle, helped us with a Spartan warranty issue others have struggled with just from following our posts on IRV2 (you can message me for details). You won't have any regrets because you will receive hands-on customer care from start to delivery, to even post delivery experience! Serious.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
From personal experience I’d stay away from RVOne in Tampa as well as North Trail and look at Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL as well as NIRVC in Atlanta.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
From personal experience I’d stay away from RVOne in Tampa as well as North Trail and look at Independence RV in Winter Garden, FL as well as NIRVC in Atlanta.
Agree.... Independence RV is great to work with. Call Scott Hamilton for excellent customer service.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:46 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I would second Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI. Straight shooters, easy to work with. We worked with Chad DeMaat in ordering our 2019 Dutch Star. They are a Newmar Top Ten Dealer. We tried several other dealers and did not get the same feel. Chad made some good suggestions on some additions to the coach. We had our specials and build sheet ready. Our build date was important to us. Chad wouldn't write up the deal until he could give us our build date and run number.
Old 05-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgfox54 View Post
I would second Midway RV in Grand Rapids, MI. Straight shooters, easy to work with. We worked with Chad DeMaat in ordering our 2019 Dutch Star. They are a Newmar Top Ten Dealer. We tried several other dealers and did not get the same feel. Chad made some good suggestions on some additions to the coach. We had our specials and build sheet ready. Our build date was important to us. Chad wouldn't write up the deal until he could give us our build date and run number.
What is your build date and run number?
Old 05-19-2018, 11:06 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
What is your build date and run number?

9/13. Run5
Old 05-20-2018, 06:26 AM   #13

Quote:
9/13. Run5
I didn't actually ask my run number, but have been told that Newmar says mine will ship to dealer mid August, which I assume means it will start production around Aug 1st.

Would that make mine the second or third run?
Old 05-20-2018, 06:59 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
9/13. Run5
My Dutchstar has a ship date of 9/13. I didn't ask Chad what the production / run number is, but if 9/13 production date is run 5, then I must be run 2 or 3. We are doing FPU, so I won't be picking mine up until mid october.
redbaron73 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent, ventana