Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-28-2018, 07:42 AM   #1

Our first day with 2007 Ventana 3330

We just picked up our "new to us" 2007 Ventana and I am still trying to figure some electronics out..
I see there is a xantrex remote control panel right by the entry door.

Even though I shut down the coach power... the remote is still lit and indicates BAT full with green light.
also says something about the AC in the lit strip.
I hit the on off button, but it still remains lit and on.
Does this stay on all the time? We are preparing to store for the winter..
Hope someone can enlighten me.
Thanks
Carol
mobile14Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Welcome to the Newmar family, mobile14Me!

I'm not sure which Xantrex inverter you have, but they may not turn off unless you go through the menu system and find the correct setting. Even then they may not turn off until you disconnect the AC power, house battery or both.

Are you leaving it plugged in for the winter? If so you actually should leave it on, it'll keep your house battery charged and should also keep your engine battery charged through the BIRD.

Can you find out what inverter you have? Newmar normally pastes a list of what they install in the bedroom closet. A PO may have installed it so if you don't find it in the list you can take a picture of the remote and post it (using "Go Advanced"' and the paper clip to attach it to your post).

Be sure to take a look at 007's Quick Tips and Easy mods which are at the top of the Newmar forum, there's a ton of material there and it may have the answer for this question as well.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum, Carol.
Using this link will answer many questions for you and in QT's #3 you will find info on your converter/inverter. Second section.
Brochure --- Owners Guide
By reading info in first link given you can find much info on your coach, which will be a lot.

Congratulations on your Newmar, enjoy and many safe traveling miles for you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 11:04 PM   #4

Hi carol

The green light on ours means the inverter is on.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #5

2007 Ventana... a big learning curve for us!

I was fortunate to get most of the original paperwork, in a huge case. I have a lot of homework to do! and thanks to 007 I now have a copy of the owners guide!

I also just registerd on the newgle info site at newmar. Hopefully I will be able to fill in the blanks there.

As for the inverter, the paperwork tells me that it was replaced under newmar warrantee way back when, so I have to search it out and see what one we have. We do not plan to leave it plugged in. But check it frequently.
Also had no idea of how the slide lock arms work. but while cleaning the cargo bays, and removing the tanks area "board" I found the locking tool stuffed above the tanks. Guess none of the owners ever used it. currently our slides are flush closed, so I will deal with that when we get to use it early spring.

Thanks everyone!
Old 12-18-2018, 09:17 PM   #6

Inverter seems to drain the battery in just a few days on ours, or at least it gets to where we run the generator to charge them. The control is a bit confusing, we just keep pushing the buttons on the remote control until the green light goes out.

Your coach (unless modified) has manual slide locks. We do ours by hand and not use the "bar". We also just lock the front ones, although I guess if we were in severe conditions we would lock the rear too. The front ones on both slides are easy to reach. Push up on the angle in the bar to lock, and pull down to release. PM an email if you want photos.

Additionally, our front one rattled, so DH changed the mount position. It now locks and is quiet. Hopefully yours was mounted correctly by the factory.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:14 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Use the slide locking bars to compress the seals and no water or elements can enter coach down to floors do not want water on floors during winter or rains.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:53 AM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The inverter/charger is typically directly wired to the house batteries and not subject to the house battery discinnect switch. This so the charger can always have access to the batteries. Without shire power, even when turned off, there is still a power draw. If long term storage with shore powe discinnect a battery cable right at the battery bank or add a disconnect switch there.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsheetz View Post
The inverter/charger is typically directly wired to the house batteries and not subject to the house battery discinnect switch. This so the charger can always have access to the batteries. Without shire power, even when turned off, there is still a power draw. If long term storage with shore powe discinnect a battery cable right at the battery bank or add a disconnect switch there.
On our slide locks I use arm rest pads that have velcro. That stops any rattling. It aso reminds me to move drivers seat up. And then leave them on Drivers seat to remind me to relock.[emoji41]
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM   #10

Thanks everyone for all the helpful hints...

I finally found the post, as it took us awhile to get her up and running.
Now we are getting ready to check out the Penquin ACs (2) and hope they will work. I am going to a campground with 30 electric, so I hope I can just use one? AC in the bedroom as this 2007 ventana 3330 only has one window
I am buying a 30 to 50 plug and then a surge protector unit. (wow are they expensive)

Hope everyone is out and about...
~C

Tags
vent, ventana