Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-08-2016, 05:47 PM   #29

Talking New DS

Adding my grats to your purchase. One warning however. We bought a new Ventana in Florida and had serious issues on everything except the Freightliner chassis. Don't stray to far from the purchase dealer. The Newmar dealers that I deal with near Houston won't do any warranty work.
PaulaJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-08-2016, 05:58 PM   #30

WOW ..............that's exactly the one I'm going to order, after I win the lotto. LOL
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:26 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.John View Post
Adding my grats to your purchase. One warning however. We bought a new Ventana in Florida and had serious issues on everything except the Freightliner chassis. Don't stray to far from the purchase dealer. The Newmar dealers that I deal with near Houston won't do any warranty work.
Thanks for the comment. We will try to run every system for a couple days while there, but of course, being our first brand new one, my expectation is we will have issues....I would be pleasantly surprised if they turn out to be minor and just annoying....
Its a shame that dealer support is not good. And Im thinking that was probably Holiday World. Their reputation "preceeds" them. I have a dealer here in my area "Ancira" that is similar.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:33 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Wow. That's a surprise. Of course one should always expect a few minor issues, but "serious issues on everything except the Freightliner chassis"? On a new Newmar coach? Yikes.

For various reasons, I don't think I want you to elaborate.

In contrast, we recently bought a new 2016 Newmar Bay Star 3124 and I'm struggling to find anything to quibble about... well.. one of the lower cargo doors might be adjusted to close tighter. That's about it.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:35 AM   #33

We bought our 16 DS at north trail. PDI had a couple little things that they took care of real quick. Other things like adjustments I do myself. Had a slide fail to come in at home. Called techs, he talked me thru it and then got instructions to reprogram it. If I were you I would book a couple days at blue water key and shake it out there. It's about a four hour drive. And a nice park
101stveteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #34

Quote:
Sorry to hear about dealer trouble in your neck of the woods. Too bad their not like Midway in Grand Rapids. I cried about a courtesy lamp and they sent 2 of them, no charge. Safe travels
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder4 View Post
As a fellow Dutch Star owner, if I were I ever to upgrade, you scheme/floor plan is very close to what I would order. Beautiful Coach and good luck!!!!!!
+1, best scheme I have seen yet!
jmon129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:29 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogSolo View Post
Hey Scotty,
We live in Comfort, WOrk in Boerne!
Great looking coach. Really good colors. Glad to have another Newmar in our area.

Don
akadeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:03 PM   #37

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
It is absolutely beautiful. We are ordering in Dec. and are seriously considering your color scheme. Don't forget imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 10:25 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That is unusual. My feeling is, if your having problems with your dealer you should let Newmar know about it, maybe you already have. But I don't think they would like it at all if a dealer in their network wasn't "with the program". I would think any Newmar dealer would honor warranty work whether you puchased there or not. (?)

Hey Sal,
That is one gorgeous Dutch Star! Great choices in colors etc, fantastic. Wishing you many happy/safe miles.

Got a feeling you just may be Italian, so
Ciao from a fellow (1/2) Italian
W.D.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 05:42 AM   #39

It would be a pleasure to see our twin!
Old 04-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #40

.... You can see it anytime as we store it along the wall at Alamo Fiesta, where we have had a coach since 09. Do you do any of the Regional Kountry Klub events?
Old 04-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #41

It is stunning.i love Newmar products. Awesome coaches. Now don't look down on me when you pass our 2001 Dutch Star on the road. I am content with what we have and am glad to have a Newmar. Safe travels to you and yours.
Culpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #42

Love the pictures. Enjoy your beautiful Newmar coach!
CherandMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar