Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #1

Hi! We drove into Nappanee at 1:15 AM Sunday Morning. As we neared town there was Red Flashing Lights in my mirror. I pulled over. State Cop comes up and said you were doing 61 in a 40! (He must have clocked me after I slowed down)He asked What is your business here? I said we are picking up our new motor home. I asked him if he was our Welcoming Committee (I swear I did) I figured Newmar has done everything else we wanted, so I thought they were also sending out a big welcome! Anyway we didn't get a ticket.

Sun: drove around and listened to the Jets on Sat Radio, then had dinner with Joe (Radioman) and Lisa.

Mon: We went to Highline Service at 6:15 AM to see our new coach. WOW! What a great job they did preping it! Harley was the tech who drew the short straw. He was stuck with us as long as we needed him. We spent a few hours taking in the coach and at 9:00 called the bank to wire the payment for the coach to our dealer (North Trail). We spent the rest of the day learning about all the neat stuff that we didn't have in our '07 MADP. Also took a short ride with the coach. Dinner with Joe & Lisa!

Tues: Harley is banging on the door at 6:00 AM I can't believe we are up and waiting for him. We spend another day picking on stupid stuff and seeing how crazy we can get Harley! He just keeps smiling. We received a phone call from friends who were driving from Lake Tahoe to NJ. We decide to take the coach out to I80 to meet them. We are so glad we did. I start the Genset figuring I will let it run for awhile. Well when I released the brakes it shut off. I started it again. It shut off when I turned off the key. Long story short... Newmar has wired the Genset so it will not auto start while you are underway (they are afraid it will scare someone while they are driving). Ours was wired wrong and shutting off when it sensed ground. Next we found out everytime we put the coach into gear the front TV would shut off! No more soap channel for Jill while we are underway. Met our friends. We called Joe & Lisa (we figured they were trying to ditch me) and met them for dinner.

Wed: Harley's banging at the door again at 6:00 AM. I asked Harley if didn't he have enough yet? He just keeps on smiling! I told him about the Genset issue which he fixed. I told him about the TV which he couldn't fix (liability issues). I got out the cravis ravis and solved the problem! Jill is talkiing to me again. Ken Williamson had no idea about the new Genset hookup or the lack of TV underway. I bet you the next meeting with Engineering is going to be fun!! They also did more little adjustments for us and more training. Farewell dinner with Joe & Lisa! Harley is probably not the only one who will celebrate when we leave!

Thurs: There's Harley again! 6:00AM This time he had the guts to ask when are you leaving?? It was his Birthday! The only present he wanted was for us to be gone! Just Kiddin! Well mabe not. They finished up the rest of our list and we left by 11:00 AM.

All kiddin aside. The factory allows you as much time as needed to take your delivery. Coming from a 07 MADP we knew most of the stuff. The coach was clean, and in perfect shape. They did not miss a thing. The issues we had, could only be found by spending time living in the coach, and driving it. Harley and the entire staff of Highline Service had met and well Exceeded our Expectations! We were so happy with our experience we requested a meeting with Dick Parks. We were granted a meeting with both Mr. Parks and Matt Miller (owner of Newmar). We spent close to a half hour with them. We shared with them our great experiences with Newmar from our 06 DSDP, to our 07 MADP, and now the 09 KGDB. We also wanted to share what a great job Ken Williamson (Highline Sales), did with us. We also shared how great North Trail's Service Dept has been for us over the years, even know we were not a customer of theirs. We also told them how great their own service dept. (under Ken miller) and phone techs are. Mr. Miller and Mr. Parks told us that Newmar is a very strong company and will be here for a long time to come. No question about it in our minds. No reason for me to go into great detail. Take our word for it. Both Mr. Miller & Mr. Parks are there everyday and have their fingers on the pulse of the industry. They also have to make tough choices that will not please everyone. The choices have to be made, for the good of the company. It was an honor for Jill and I to be allowed a meeting with them, and an insight to the inner workings of Newmar.

In closing Newmar has continued to give us a warm and fuzzy feeling for the last 4 years! That is why we are still customers. Have we had probelms? Oh Yeah! Were they solved to our satisfaction? Most of the time. You will not always get what you want. Jill & Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2008, 07:08 PM   #2

Hi! We drove into Nappanee at 1:15 AM Sunday Morning. As we neared town there was Red Flashing Lights in my mirror. I pulled over. State Cop comes up and said you were doing 61 in a 40! (He must have clocked me after I slowed down)He asked What is your business here? I said we are picking up our new motor home. I asked him if he was our Welcoming Committee (I swear I did) I figured Newmar has done everything else we wanted, so I thought they were also sending out a big welcome! Anyway we didn't get a ticket.

Sun: drove around and listened to the Jets on Sat Radio, then had dinner with Joe (Radioman) and Lisa.

Mon: We went to Highline Service at 6:15 AM to see our new coach. WOW! What a great job they did preping it! Harley was the tech who drew the short straw. He was stuck with us as long as we needed him. We spent a few hours taking in the coach and at 9:00 called the bank to wire the payment for the coach to our dealer (North Trail). We spent the rest of the day learning about all the neat stuff that we didn't have in our '07 MADP. Also took a short ride with the coach. Dinner with Joe & Lisa!

Tues: Harley is banging on the door at 6:00 AM I can't believe we are up and waiting for him. We spend another day picking on stupid stuff and seeing how crazy we can get Harley! He just keeps smiling. We received a phone call from friends who were driving from Lake Tahoe to NJ. We decide to take the coach out to I80 to meet them. We are so glad we did. I start the Genset figuring I will let it run for awhile. Well when I released the brakes it shut off. I started it again. It shut off when I turned off the key. Long story short... Newmar has wired the Genset so it will not auto start while you are underway (they are afraid it will scare someone while they are driving). Ours was wired wrong and shutting off when it sensed ground. Next we found out everytime we put the coach into gear the front TV would shut off! No more soap channel for Jill while we are underway. Met our friends. We called Joe & Lisa (we figured they were trying to ditch me) and met them for dinner.

Wed: Harley's banging at the door again at 6:00 AM. I asked Harley if didn't he have enough yet? He just keeps on smiling! I told him about the Genset issue which he fixed. I told him about the TV which he couldn't fix (liability issues). I got out the cravis ravis and solved the problem! Jill is talkiing to me again. Ken Williamson had no idea about the new Genset hookup or the lack of TV underway. I bet you the next meeting with Engineering is going to be fun!! They also did more little adjustments for us and more training. Farewell dinner with Joe & Lisa! Harley is probably not the only one who will celebrate when we leave!

Thurs: There's Harley again! 6:00AM This time he had the guts to ask when are you leaving?? It was his Birthday! The only present he wanted was for us to be gone! Just Kiddin! Well mabe not. They finished up the rest of our list and we left by 11:00 AM.

All kiddin aside. The factory allows you as much time as needed to take your delivery. Coming from a 07 MADP we knew most of the stuff. The coach was clean, and in perfect shape. They did not miss a thing. The issues we had, could only be found by spending time living in the coach, and driving it. Harley and the entire staff of Highline Service had met and well Exceeded our Expectations! We were so happy with our experience we requested a meeting with Dick Parks. We were granted a meeting with both Mr. Parks and Matt Miller (owner of Newmar). We spent close to a half hour with them. We shared with them our great experiences with Newmar from our 06 DSDP, to our 07 MADP, and now the 09 KGDB. We also wanted to share what a great job Ken Williamson (Highline Sales), did with us. We also shared how great North Trail's Service Dept has been for us over the years, even know we were not a customer of theirs. We also told them how great their own service dept. (under Ken miller) and phone techs are. Mr. Miller and Mr. Parks told us that Newmar is a very strong company and will be here for a long time to come. No question about it in our minds. No reason for me to go into great detail. Take our word for it. Both Mr. Miller & Mr. Parks are there everyday and have their fingers on the pulse of the industry. They also have to make tough choices that will not please everyone. The choices have to be made, for the good of the company. It was an honor for Jill and I to be allowed a meeting with them, and an insight to the inner workings of Newmar.

In closing Newmar has continued to give us a warm and fuzzy feeling for the last 4 years! That is why we are still customers. Have we had probelms? Oh Yeah! Were they solved to our satisfaction? Most of the time. You will not always get what you want. Jill & Paul
Old 09-16-2008, 08:06 PM   #3

Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #4

What a great report, Paul. My factory PDI was top shelf also with Lamar as the master tech. Great that you and Jill had the opportunity to meet with Dick Parks and Mr. Miller. The last time we were there Dick Parks took us out to lunch. He told me not to tell you, cause he wanted to save the coin with you.(I'm telling you anyway, cause you're my friend) Just kidding, not about going to lunch with him, cause that happened, but about him not wanting to spend the coin.

Your comments on Ken Williamson, are right on. He is largely the reason I bought my EXDP. His product knowledge on the highlines is unmatched.

Hey, I get to go to Newmar soon. I will be there on October 6th. I always look forward to visiting them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!

Peter
Old 09-17-2008, 05:36 AM   #5

Well congrats Paul and Jill on your new bus.Glad to hear that you had another great newmar experience!!!! I have not had delivery experience at newmar ,but service there is exceptional.Whenever we replace our essex it will be a newmar delivery.Looking forward to the amigo's party ride in your new beauty. Hope I didn't spill the beans on that one.!! Safe travels, Frank
Old 09-17-2008, 06:28 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Paul & Jill - it was great meeting you guys, albeit for a short time. Glad your delivery went so smoothly & you are now on your way to a Jets game.

Safe travels.

Mark

Doc Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Congrats on your new coach and factory PDI. I agree, Matt is a great guy and is ready to lead Newmar to continued success.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There's Harley again! 6:00AM This time he had the guts to ask when are you leaving?? It was his Birthday! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! Thanks for the Congrats. Hey DOC! It's not my birthday yet. It was Harley's! My birthday is on 10/31. Halloween for this who don't reconize the date! Did you expect any other date for Amigo #3?? I expect the first shot from Dirk! Paul
Old 09-17-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Did you expect any other date for Amigo #3?? Party I expect the first shot from Dirk! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moi?

I'm old school.

I was taught to respect my elders.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #10

Hi Paul,
Congrats on the new coach! It looks great. I see Jill got her kitchen window again. Carol still hasn't forgiving me for deleting hers. What's with the Hydro- hot exhaust pipe on the curb side near the TV? One of these days we are going to make it out to he factory for some super service!

Thanks, Daryl
Old 09-17-2008, 06:35 PM   #11

Hmmm........ You were right Paul, Kirk was all over it!
Well happy unbirthday, at least 'till the goblins come out.

Peter
Old 09-20-2008, 08:08 AM   #12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What's with the Hydro- hot exhaust pipe on the curb side near the TV </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Daryl! Great eyes! It is a bit of a sore subject with me. For Newmar to meet RVIA specs they had to move the Oasis pipe to the passenger side. There was no where to put it on the driver side, because of the full wall slide. It cannot exit a coach under a slide. They told me they could not have it exit the rear of the coach because of the rear axle. I am not so sure that is a good answer. I think American Heritage exits out the rear. I did not like the idea that it is by the TV. On the plus side the Oasis is pretty much oderless, and can be run most of the time on the 2 AC inputs and stay hot (Hydro hot only had one AC input for half the amount of heat, was also kinda of smelly). As far as your kitchen window, get out one of your electric saws. and solve the problem! Have you given up on Mack & Manco's Pizza?? Paul
Old 09-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #13

Hi Paul,
Makes sense I guess with the full wall side. That Oasis is on of the best upgrades that I didn't know I was getting. There has to be a way around having it at the TV. Love the red with the black, I was trying to figure out how to get some red in to my paint but chickened out. Carol and I are at Avalon this weekend and I was in OC to get some cigars but not Mack & Manco's. We are empty nesters now, so we hope to get down your way this winter.
Thanks, Daryl
Old 09-21-2008, 06:20 AM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are empty nesters now, so we hope to get down your way this winter </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi! That would be great! Paul