RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Overhead Cabinets and Storage???

Each time I show the DW some pictures of the Ventana she points out there are no overhead cabinets over the Dining Room table. She is concerned about loosing the storage space she would have with a Tiffin Phaeton 40' models. But I have seen some pictures that show these cabinets.

Is there an option for these? I keep reading about additional options not shown on the pricing list. I have yet to get a Ventana pricing list, but I hope to get one in a few weeks. I am checking into the Ventana 4036 model.

I also have not been able to find out much exterior storage this model has. Is this shown anywhere? I do have a brochure coming to me. We are planning on going fulltime and need all the space we can get.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2014, 07:57 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Contact Newmar Sales

I would recommend you contact Newmar directly and speak to their sales group. In the model 4037 they do not show cabinets over the kitchen sitting areas however on other models they do. Newmar is pretty good about adding items like this so again, give them a call and go from there.
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:55 AM   #3

You can go to the Newmar website (newmarcorp.com) and select the "Contact" tab. Fill out the form (including email address). In the last box, ask them to send you an MSRP price/option list for the Ventana 4036 model. You will probably receive the MSRP back the following business day via email. You can ask for other models as well if you are considering more than one floor plan. If the MSRP doesn't list the option you want call the customer service number and ask if they will do it for you. Newmar seems to be very willing to customize the options between the various model/floorplans.
jrwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:21 AM   #4

We have a 2014 Ventana 4037, with the 4018 plan. The table / dinette area does not have cabinets over due to the window height being higher than the others. Fewer cabinets / more glass. The other cabinets over the couch and entertainment center are deeper than normal. The built-in booth has slider drawers under each seat which offers additional storage. With the tag axle you have a lot more carrying capacity than the 40' Phaeton, and there is lots of room in the " basement ". Only complaint I would have would be shortage of closet space in bedroom / rear bath area.
You can custom order your unit. They will add cabinets / change windows to suit.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:42 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Having a tag axle is a negative to me being I have to deal with 4 more tires. At least I think it would be four more tires.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Having a tag axle is a negative to me being I have to deal with 4 more tires. At least I think it would be four more tires.
It is actually 2 more tires.
mbisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I was wondering about that. I am assuming there is one less compartment outside due to the additional axle. My current coach has 140CF of storage and the 40' Phaeton has 157CF. If the Newmar has less I will need to take it off my list.

Are there no documentations saying how many CF of exterior storage there is?
Old 04-07-2014, 05:46 PM   #8
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Looking at this Brochure I see plenty of cabinet space on both sides of coach, bedroom has them also.
Here is a Owners Guide for coach also.

Newmar has not supplied compartment volumes for years if ever they just give you the carrying weights of different models.

If you are getting the coach built to your spec's, AND GET A DIFFERENT SIZE WINDOW, your can contact Newmar and they will work with you for the coach of your dreams, allot of this information can be found in the HOOT's threads here.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:00 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the links. I am on the road, so downloading them takes to much time and data. I will look more when we get home.

I received the price lists today and now I am leaning toward the Ventana 4037 due to the options. But I have a few questions about the options and I am sure I will have more later.

1) There is no option for 3 A/C units. It only has an option to upsize from the 13.5 to 15 for 2 units. Will this be enough?
2) It has an option for high definition component cabling. What about HDMI?
3) Is there an option for a memory foam mattress?
Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If your having the coach built to your spec's these items need to be taken up with Newmar they do many changes for people to their satisfaction and upgrades they will work with you.
Some of the HDMI items can go wireless check out the threads in QT's # 3 by PDR John he has some good information, TV to LCD CONVERSIONS SECTION.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:43 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Looking at a price list for a Dutch Star it has two things I would like on the Ventana. Is it possible to get these installed? They are the satellite tripod connection and the DW wants the fold down shower seat.

I really wish the 40' models did not have tag axles. What is the purpose of this with all of the additional weight capacities if there is no place to put stuff at?
Old 04-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Options

I can tell you the fold down seat in the shower, yes you can have that in the Ventana. Have your dealer price it, they can.

The tripod I am not sure on. Also make sure to check out pictures from North Trail RV of Ventana's. They have some good pictures of items such as the booth. In the pictures of the booth you can see the large drawers that pull out. My wife loved that because the drawers are large and can store large items. Check out the link below and pick the model 4037 or any of the others.

Newmar Ventana diesel pusher motorhomes

Good luck
KenNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
You were correct that site has a ton of great pictures. But it confirmed what I was afraid of with the Ventana tag models. There is not enough exterior storage for me.

The Ventana LE models has more, but I am afraid the engine may be to small.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:37 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There are always ways to add storage.. Think about what you do not need and what you can replace with a cupboard.

If you are ordering, as someone else suggested, talk to the factory about options.

Tags
storage