Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
PIA

My wife an I just purchased a previously loved Newmar Dutch Star M-3862-fln 330 hp. A few little things need repair, and of course..some additions. Where is a good place to get parts for a Newmar...Like the spotlight switch (on the dash). It does not always work I am also going to upgrade the sound system to surround sound.

Does anyone know how to remove the front overhead TV?? Other than that...love it!

I also want to replace the table and chairs with a booth dinnette..anyone have a good source for that???

And finally, any advice? Anything I need to know about my 2000?

Thanks in advance..
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 PM   #2
PIA

My wife an I just purchased a previously loved Newmar Dutch Star M-3862-fln 330 hp. A few little things need repair, and of course..some additions. Where is a good place to get parts for a Newmar...Like the spotlight switch (on the dash). It does not always work I am also going to upgrade the sound system to surround sound.

Does anyone know how to remove the front overhead TV?? Other than that...love it!

I also want to replace the table and chairs with a booth dinnette..anyone have a good source for that???

And finally, any advice? Anything I need to know about my 2000?

Thanks in advance..
Old 02-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
PIA welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum.
Congrats on your new DSDP
Most parts you can get from your Newmar dealer or if you know the MFG for item you need on their web site. There are alot of parts dealers some links are up in the Vintage Forum above.
If you go to Topic just above, 5.1 DVD, dining table, bedroom LCD might give you some ideas as to upgrading your coach.
The TV has the wood on face opening there maybe wood buttons that you pop off to access the screws or could have wood strips inside TV opening that you will need a square slot screwdriver to bacK off screws. When you get face off you will see a metal black plate that will be screwed to the floOr of the TV box these have to be removed so whole plate comes out with TV. This plate is screwed to bottom of TV. Don't forget when pulling out TV the cord and cable that will be connected. Also ask for help very unforgiving if TV is dropped.
Have fun if you need anymore help just ask its for free just like the KARMA I can give you.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:44 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Where is a good place to get parts for a Newmar... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PIA: Welcome to iRV2.com and the Newmar forum in particular. Congrats on your DS purchase.

As 007 posted, a Newmar dealer is your best bet for parts. FYI, Newmar will not sell parts directly to you, unless you are standing in the parts dept. in Nappanee. Find a dealer who will order them and perhaps even drop ship to you. Otherwise try to get them direct from the source.

May I also suggest you go into your profile and add some rig-specific info in the "signature" box, so you won't have to type it each post. Our members can more accurately help you if they can see what model and chassis you have.

Again, Welcome! Ed
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
here is a person i've used in the past for mail order parts Anthony Chudzicki
E-mail Address(es):
achudzicki@hartcityrv.com

http://www.rvupgradestore.com/

http://www.rvsurplussalvage.com/index.php

the other links are to 2 stores..the surplus place appears to have more furniture..i'm going to try and find a link for a post on how to replace the front tv with a flat screen..i presume thats you plan...if not re post with what you are looking to do..
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
PIA

Thanks everyone for the reply's...I did project 1, it was to replace the rear 13" dinasour (spelling?) with an LCD flat screen..now let's hope it stays up...

I did remove the TV upfront...found the hideen screws to remove the face off of teh cabinet. Now that I haev it out??? How the heck do you mount a Flat Screen? If I want to cover the opening (approx 20x20), I can't adjust the brackets, casue I need to do that from the back, and there is a screen that is screwed in from the inside...Any ideas? Other TV's I can put in there...just looking to upgrade to something nicer..

Now onto the surround sound. Where do you mount speakers, and how do you run the speaker wire to the galley area? I am so confused......and frustrated...
Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 PM   #7
PIA

Also..how do you post a picture?? Iwas going to show off my new TV....
Old 02-11-2007, 05:49 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
found the link to an old 2004 post on another board that had the pictures but they are not displaying..if you PM me with your e mail I will scan at work and send to you...
clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club

Have you looked at install of my LCD in bedroom the brackets come in different sizes for weight of LCD, 2x4 mounted in TV box would support your LCD and give you room for shelves for your DVD's.
Check out my install of 5.1 DVD sys above.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:06 AM   #10
PIA

I saw that post on the Bedroom, and that is very similar to what I did in the Bedroom. But, as for the front room..it seems more difficult. I want to get a flush mount against the TV Box Case. In order to do that, the brackets need to be adjusted fromm the back, and I don't see a way of doing this. The cover on teh front of the box (Windshield side) is very difficult to remove, and if it is to be removed, it is from inside the TV box. I may have to resort to a Tube TV, just a bit more modern. But if I do that, I really want to compensate for a Surround Sound System..I just can not figure out how to get the speaker wires from the front to the rear....clean of course....
Old 02-11-2007, 07:20 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you do not have a slide pass side you would drill holes thru cabinets on that side to micro cabinet than fish across ceiling from micro cabinet. You can not fish ceiling from TV location thru ceiling you have to go thru cabs pass side.
You can still mount as bedroom LCD with a bracket as I used in bedroom just have to brace 2x4 within TV box.
The braket has 4 adjustment pivets to move LCD in and out from box to gain access in behind LCD.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:11 AM   #12
PIA

Can't you just come over and install it for me? I'll have my wife make dinner!

Ok, I think I can, I think I can..I will just keep telling my self there is a way to do this....and I will get er' done!
Old 02-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I would if it wasn't so far and it might be warmer also.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
PIA

I think I figured it out....I purchased a 20" plasma (really cool with DirecTV tuner built in). I am going to mount that to a piece of plywood. Attatch the ply wood to a piano hinge, and attatch that to the outercase of the TV box..which then can be insterted and attatched by the screws from the 2 sides...I am so excited. Sounds pretty easy in theory..let's see how it works..

How do you post pictures? If this works, I want to show everyone...