Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-04-2019, 04:06 AM   #1

Question Passenger chair dead

We are still discovering things on the new to us coach. Yesterday we found the passenger seat controls were not working. I went to the manual to find where the fuse was located. Then under the dash cover where lots of fuses are located. Not there.

Where could it be?
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Ernie Ekberg Send a message via Yahoo to Ernie Ekberg
it came unplugged
Ernie Ekberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:27 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie Ekberg View Post
it came unplugged
There's a multi-wire connector under the skirt that can come unplugged.
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:58 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Fuse should be located in the “electric bay”, Drivers side forward bay. Inside is a black box in the center of the bay, open the black box, nomenclature/location is on the lid.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:57 PM   #5

I think the same fuse is for both seats, if the drivers side is working, it is not the fuse. I agree with the others that said it is unpluged. You can turn the seat to face the rear in either direction but only one it correct (see below). If you turn it the wrong way, it will unplug the wires.

Drivers seat - Turn clockwise to face the rear and counter clockwise to face the front.

Passengers seat - Turn counter clockwise to face the rear and counter clockwise to face the front.

I hope this helps.
-B
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
I think the same fuse is for both seats, if the drivers side is working, it is not the fuse. I agree with the others that said it is unpluged. You can turn the seat to face the rear in either direction but only one it correct (see below). If you turn it the wrong way, it will unplug the wires.

Drivers seat - Turn clockwise to face the rear and counter clockwise to face the front.

Passengers seat - Turn counter clockwise to face the rear and counter clockwise to face the front.

I hope this helps.
-B
My pugs will snag the connector while playing. Tie wrapped the up to prevent it again.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181018_212202.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	234066
Russ Silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 02:50 PM   #7

Most likely unplugged or a wire pulled out of the connector.

On our 2008 KSDP, the passenger seat is made to only properly rotate in one direction. If you go the wrong direction (which is possible), it will wrap the cable bundle around the seat post, tighten up, and then something has to give. And in our case, the heavy 12v power cable pulled right out of its crimp connector.

The connector hadn't been properly crimped by either Newmar or Flexsteel and I was able to remove the empty crimp from the plastic connector housing and re-crimp the connector to the cable.

But the main problem for us was rotating the seat the wrong direction. Now I get on my knees and make sure the cable bundle doesn't wrap around the seat post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 05:18 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi hewebb,
If you find it is not the plug, is the coach gas or diesel powered. Fuses are in different locations for gas or diesel.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Tell us which year, model and floor plan.

On our 17 DSDP 4018 there is a fuse for each chair.

We blew the passengers seat fuse at the FPU and the tech replaces the fuse with a resettable fuse. No problem since.

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyS View Post
Most likely unplugged or a wire pulled out of the connector.

On our 2008 KSDP, the passenger seat is made to only properly rotate in one direction. If you go the wrong direction (which is possible), it will wrap the cable bundle around the seat post, tighten up, and then something has to give. And in our case, the heavy 12v power cable pulled right out of its crimp connector.

The connector hadn't been properly crimped by either Newmar or Flexsteel and I was able to remove the empty crimp from the plastic connector housing and re-crimp the connector to the cable.

But the main problem for us was rotating the seat the wrong direction. Now I get on my knees and make sure the cable bundle doesn't wrap around the seat post.

Me too! Bought a 2 pin connector, like a 4 pin trailer harness, and retired it in.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:51 AM   #11

Thanks all
The wires pulled of of the connector. It appeared that this was not the first time. When I removed the flat pin from the plug housing it appeared it had seen some previous activity. I chose to solder the wire back on the pin. Hopefully we won't pull it back apart. We just got this coach and probably never tried the seat control. Did not know the seat had a foot rest until the power was fixed.
hewebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air