Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2019, 04:22 PM   #1

Picked up our new Ventana 34 - Not good!

The dealer set a date for pick-up. We spent about 5 hours going through the check-off list. The check off list was found on this sight and was extremely helpful. We hit the inside, outside, the roof and I rolled around under the unit on a creeper for awhile. We found 7 or 8 items that need attention. The biggest item was the stove was not working. Induction 2 burner and 1 burner did not work. They took care of that right away. We decided to come back for the other items as we had planned a 2 or 3 week trip and knew we would find more by the time that trip was completed. The we planned to drop it off and have everything taken care of at the same time. Well, that plan failed......Got home started loaded the MH and planned on loading the rest in the morning. The next morning I noticed a small puddle of hydraulic fluid on our driveway. The following morning I was back at the dealer which was Thursday morning. We should able to pick up on Friday. Called Friday and told it would be ready at the end of the day. Drove a hour and a half and was just about to the dealer and they called - yup - not ready. They ran into problems. It will be ready Saturday morning. They called at 11 AM and told us it will be ready at noon. Started heading that way and they called - yup - not ready. Every they did is wrong. They are going to have to get new cables and do the fix all over again. Should be ready on Monday. Not a great start for our new coach. So far we are disappointed with the purchase.
bluefin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefin View Post
The dealer set a date for pick-up. We spent about 5 hours going through the check-off list. The check off list was found on this sight and was extremely helpful. We hit the inside, outside, the roof and I rolled around under the unit on a creeper for awhile. We found 7 or 8 items that need attention. The biggest item was the stove was not working. Induction 2 burner and 1 burner did not work. They took care of that right away. We decided to come back for the other items as we had planned a 2 or 3 week trip and knew we would find more by the time that trip was completed. The we planned to drop it off and have everything taken care of at the same time. Well, that plan failed......Got home started loaded the MH and planned on loading the rest in the morning. The next morning I noticed a small puddle of hydraulic fluid on our driveway. The following morning I was back at the dealer which was Thursday morning. We should able to pick up on Friday. Called Friday and told it would be ready at the end of the day. Drove a hour and a half and was just about to the dealer and they called - yup - not ready. They ran into problems. It will be ready Saturday morning. They called at 11 AM and told us it will be ready at noon. Started heading that way and they called - yup - not ready. Every they did is wrong. They are going to have to get new cables and do the fix all over again. Should be ready on Monday. Not a great start for our new coach. So far we are disappointed with the purchase.
Sorry it's starting out this way … what is the hydraulic leaking issue they are fixing?

FLSteve
FLSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Induction 2 burner and 1 burner did not work. They took care of that right away.
How was that fixed?

Who is the dealer?
Old 04-13-2019, 05:56 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Attitude is everything. If you walk into something new and tell yourself you hate it, you'll hate it. The induction cooktop is trivial, the other issue is more severe but you're under warranty and these things happen. It will be fixed and you'll be good to go. You will find more things, more things will happen, it's a part of the lifestyle but you're in the best of hands with Newmar and associated vendors.

Now tell us some exciting trips you have planned with your new house on wheels???
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 06:02 PM   #5
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Attitude is everything. If you walk into something new and tell yourself you hate it, you'll hate it. The induction cooktop is trivial, the other issue is more severe but you're under warranty and these things happen. It will be fixed and you'll be good to go. You will find more things, more things will happen, it's a part of the lifestyle but you're in the best of hands with Newmar and associated vendors.

Now tell us some exciting trips you have planned with your new house on wheels???
Spot on, Neal! In the long run, these issues will seem like minor inconveniences in the big picture. Hang in there, Bluefin...it will all work out.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:06 PM   #6

I got to say, I just love the attitude of folks like Neal and others.

I, too, tend to get caught up in the trivial details of screws in minor things that drag me down until I get them fixed. But as they say it’s a gorgeous coach and Newmar is the best company out there and stands behind their product.

I have full confidence that everything will be taken care of, and you can then put these things behind you.

Don’t get down on your rig; instead, know that if it’s not one thing, it’s another, and we all have these little problems which all work out and you’ll be down the road making great memories!
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:25 PM   #7

This is our 3rd RV, so we are familiar with lots of issue with the new rigs. The hydraulic leak, as I understand it, involves two lines that feed the left rear jack. And I think it is a real bugger to get to them. And of course, we do expect many more issues during our break in period, which is why we decided to wait to get the initial minor issues fixe after our 3 to 4 week camping trip. That way we can drop the coach off and let them get everything fixed at once. It is just a bummer that we had reservations at an RV park and looks like we are going to lose at least a week of that trip. We don't mind the repairs, it is just very frustrating when a one day fix turns in to 4 + days.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99phantoms View Post
How was that fixed?

Who is the dealer?
To answer your first question - it is not fixed yet.
Second question - I really do not want to mention the dealer, as I think they are trying their best. But if it goes down hill from here I will..
Old 04-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #9
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
To answer your first question - it is not fixed yet.
Second question - I really do not want to mention the dealer, as I think they are trying their best. But if it goes down hill from here I will..
Nice call on not identifying the dealer; especially if you think they are doing their best. If it is who I think it might be, you are in good hands and they'll take care of you.

I do understand the disappointment of having your first trip in the coach interrupted.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 07:59 PM   #10

A primary purpose of these forums is to share information & help folks avoid repeating the same mistakes.

You keep the dealer's name a secret & they keep doing what they're doing with no incentive to improve.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:00 PM   #11

One reason for my interest is I'm having induction cooktop issues, as well. I'd sure like to know if it's the cooktop or my selection of cookware.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #12

Quote:
I really do not want to mention the dealer, as I think they are trying their best. But if it goes down hill from here I will..
Why did you even mention the dealer in the first place?... why not wait until it actually "goes down hill?"
Old 04-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I applaud you bluefin with your decision to not reveal the dealers name at this time. While it is understandable that you are frustrated with them not meeting their commitment it sounds like it was not due to a lack of effort. Sounds like they initially thought it was going to be a rather simple repair the evidently got more complex to fix correctly for the long term. Good luck and I hope that they get this resolved for you real soon
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 08:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99phantoms View Post
Why did you even mention the dealer in the first place?... why not wait until it actually goes down hill?
I didn't mention the dealer. Someone else did. My wife bought a complete set of pots and pans that are supposed to work with the induction. We only tried them during the PDI. One burner worked and the other did not. They both work now, but have not cooked on them yet. On the test the water did heat up rapidly though. Personally, I really like the idea of not having propane in the coach, but this will be a new cooking adventure for us.....