Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2012, 08:34 AM   #1

American Coach Owners Club
Pioneer radio/camera???

Is there a simple way that I can trun my camera on while driving down the road? It appears there is a safety lockout not allowing camera usage while in anything other then N and brake set. From time to time I like to switch to camera to check on the TOAD.

This is the stock Pioneer on a 2005 MADP 4304
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2012, 09:04 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Mrchips:

FWIW.....our toad is "on screen" the whole time we're underway and is just part of my routine instrument & mirror scan as I'm driving. Is this right or wrong?......don't know, but has been standard practice for us for 7 & 1/2 years of full time RV'ing. Saved us once when a poorly locked tow pin on toad fell out and I noticed an unusual tracking pattern on the backup screen. Also, FWIW, on two rigs we've owned, have yet to have problem with the Pioneer camera system.

Steve
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #3

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

My camera is turned on automatically when -mission in reverse. To activate in Drive I must push the power on button. Like Steve on the two M/H's I 've had always able to use camera when under way.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #4

American Coach Owners Club
Mine comes on when in reverse, I can also change to camera screen when in N and brake set. But driving down the road when I try to go to A/V or Camera on the touch screen it does not allow me to select those. I have yet to figure out how to switch to camera when driving down the road.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
There's a ground wire going to park brake it's usually marked as camera ground on stero unit All you have to do is put it on a switch it will think your in park works like a charm. All your doing is grounding it
Ken326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
See if this link helps you any.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrchips View Post
Is there a simple way that I can trun my camera on while driving down the road? It appears there is a safety lockout not allowing camera usage while in anything other then N and brake set. From time to time I like to switch to camera to check on the TOAD. This is the stock Pioneer on a 2005 MADP 4304
That sounds strange to me. Our's work when driving, but there is a swithch on then video screen to blank it out when not backing up. I leave ours on all the time since I do want to keep an eye on the toad.

Are you sure you don't have a switch to switch the mode?
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote